• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Politico: [Trump is causing] "RNC staff on the edge of mutiny.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seth Meyers did a good segment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ezfGuZmZlM

Then after that, a veteran went on stage and offered his Purple Heart medal (given for injury or death while serving in the military) to Trump:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR66EoDQEt0

And then Khan says he should have just thanked the veteran and refused to accept it because he didn't earn it, because he evaded service in Vietnam:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aChQbLTAQbg

Then some Trump surrogates (Hannity, Breitbart, etc) tried to smear Khan's name by claiming he's a secret Muslim Brotherhood agent, or secretly supports implementing Sharia in the US by quoting selectively from some papers he wrote in the 1980s, and attacking his statement that there is no such thing as Sharia Law (which is technically true but could be considered misleading, as Islamic nations use legal systems derived from Sharia principles plus a whole lot of stuff borrowed from various other legal systems, since Sharia doesn't have enough in it to run an actual country in the 21st century.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fluAe7OObR8

Which resulted in a response from in Khan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpGAsbfzzI8

And I think that's where it left off.

Good gravy, all that because he couldn't help having a quick dig at a muslim. At any point in that whole debacle, Trump could have defused it with an apology.

I don't think Trump has fully grasped that the types of comments he makes in a boardroom full of sycophants won't fly with the general public. He's used to making vague and offensive off hand comments, and he has no idea how to justify himself now he's actually being asked to fully explain what he's saying.

Maledict

The sad truth is the organized party is rebelling not because he's a vile white nationalist bigot, but because he's losing. If he was winning everyone would be happy regardless of how awful he is.

Until the party actually repudiates not only him, but his ideas and the drivers that are causing this, they will continue to struggle to win national elections and attract new voters.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Trump is a sociopath and the GOP is a house of evil. However Trump might come out of this unscathed.

Supposedly Trump is already losing business. And there is no way he will come out of this financially better than before going in. He wont be a hero to the Right after he loses so any profit he could have made off of them will only be from the few that dont abandon him.

im starting to feel more confident that the majority of news sites will ignore him completely after all this. The most grievous injury you can do to an egomaniac is to pretend they dont exist.

DedValve

Banned
The sad truth is the organized party is rebelling not because he's a vile white nationalist bigot, but because he's losing. If he was winning everyone would be happy regardless of how awful he is.

Until the party actually repudiates not only him, but his ideas and the drivers that are causing this, they will continue to struggle to win national elections and attract new voters.

Which is why the party is better off dead. They aren't blasting Trump for his horrible, sociopathic, bigoted, evil views because they share the exact same and perhaps even worse. They just aren't as unstable and hide behind PR double speak.

Trump is losing. Thats all they care about. They can't continue their evil reign over America and they betted on the wrong evil horse.

And I cannot stress enough how EVIL the party is. I simply can't. I'll scream it until their deathbeds.

EDIT: and then scream it some more.

Which is why the party is better off dead. They aren't blasting Trump for his horrible, sociopathic, bigoted, evil views because they share the exact same and perhaps even worse. They just aren't as unstable and hide behind PR double speak.

Trump is losing. Thats all they care about. They can't continue their evil reign over America and they betted on the wrong evil horse.

And I cannot stress enough how EVIL the party is. I simply can't. I'll scream it until their deathbeds.

EDIT: and then scream it some more.

To me, this kind of view is part of the problem. If they are as evil as you believe then it's not enough to simply vote them out but destroy them by any means necessary. It's an anti-democratic way of thinking that violates the principles modern republics and democracies were founded on.

Maledict

To me, this kind of view is part of the problem. If they are as evil as you believe then it's not enough to simply vote them out but destroy them by any means necessary. It's an anti-democratic way of thinking that violates the principles modern republics and democracies were founded on.

Yeah, repudiating racism and wishing it dead in the public discourse is definitely part of the problem with racism in the public discourse.

Exile20

Trump:
658.png

kevin1025

Banned
The Time cover is real?

It is, it will be the August 22nd issue. So the funny thing is, in a little under two weeks the general public will be seeing this cover in grocery store checkouts and in stores all over the country, making this damaging to him yet again.

Yeah, repudiating racism and wishing it dead in the public discourse is definitely part of the problem with racism in the public discourse.

Is voting enough to stop PURE EVIL or are more drastic measures required? You can see where this kind of thinking leads, right? It's not enough to get involved and vote to rid the nation of true EVIL, you have to purge it.

It's why it's dangerous for Trump and conservatives to call Hillary and Democrats the Devil and then imply that the second amendment folk to do something about it. It's not enough to just vote to stop the Devil.

Movement

I agree with all but I would add the increased strain on the poor and middle class. People are indeed getting fucked over partially, but they blame minorities and not the powerful.

This is partially because of 2 and 3.

It's easier to punch down.

Great point, I would definitely add that as the fourth major bullet point. They're all interconnected like you said.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't stop it from being super racist.

They didn't try to lead anyone to anything. They just ratcheted up the hatred, lies, xenophobia, ad partisanship in order to smear and attack Obama. The GOP is too cowardly to attempt to elevate their base for the good of their country. They will continue exploiting the worst aspects of it in order to feed their hatred machine. Whatever happens, Trump will be fine, no doubt he can start some new money making scheme from his run, like become a right wing pundit or start a right wing network. The GOP, hopefully, will be completely fucked, as they deserve to be.

He said $150 million a few weeks ago. It's probably gone up.

He probably wants an offer to be CEO of Fox News.

What if the plan all along was to blackmail the republican mega donors.

At 1st he was just threating a 3rd party spoiler, then he accidentally won the damn thing. Now he is torpedoing the party, hoping for some go away money and then he can fake a heart attack or something to gracefully drop out.

#theartofthedeal

I think he wanted to run in the primaries to boost his brand and for the fun of campaigning. It's clear he just wants to campaign and has no interest in leading.

Now he's getting told by people he believes to be lower than him how to act. He's checked out and just waiting for that golden parachute.

DrArchon

I still hope Trump is just secretly here to dismantle the Republican party.

If he was secretly trying to destroy the GOP from the inside, wouldn't he be doing so, you know, secretly? Instead of destroying it in a highly publicized fashion?

DedValve

Banned

Its not even a two party system anymore. The democrats have to focus on protecting basic human rights while the republicans seem hell bent on it rather than having a 2 party system of ideals it actually feels like a battle of evil vs basic human decency.

They didn't try to lead anyone to anything. They just ratcheted up the hatred, lies, xenophobia, ad partisanship in order to smear and attack Obama. The GOP is too cowardly to attempt to elevate their base for the good of their country. They will continue exploiting the worst aspects of it in order to feed their hatred machine. Whatever happens, Trump will be fine, no doubt he can start some new money making scheme from his run, like become a right wing pundit or start a right wing network. The GOP, hopefully, will be completely fucked, as they deserve to be.

I meant more in the context of the republican leadership not taking any of the recommendations from the 2012 post-mortem seriously.

I actually don't think the the republicans would lose votes if they dropped the racism, or at least not more than they'd gain if they stopped pushing people away. The two party system wouldn't be so bad if one of them hadn't been hijacked by lunatics.

My least favorite craven GOP narrative is that Donald Trump has someone hijacked the "party of Lincoln" or whatever. Fuck you, this was decades in the making, and you were fine with courting white nationalism until now.

My least favorite craven GOP narrative is that Donald Trump has someone hijacked the "party of Lincoln" or whatever. Fuck you, this was decades in the making, and you were fine with courting white nationalism until now.
Yeah, they can blanch all they want when he dares say what they've been hinting at, the reality is that he's the result of decades of inbreeding toxic ideologies. They can disown him as much as they want, but they can't escape how visibly this bastard is theirs.

BunnyBear

Step back and think just how much the GOP has messed up here. If Romney or Rubio had claimed the nomination they'd have won the general at a cantor. Hillary is disliked by many people and would have struggled against any moderate Republican.

Yet here we are.

Maxim726X

Supposedly Trump is already losing business. And there is no way he will come out of this financially better than before going in. He wont be a hero to the Right after he loses so any profit he could have made off of them will only be from the few that dont abandon him.

im starting to feel more confident that the majority of news sites will ignore him completely after all this. The most grievous injury you can do to an egomaniac is to pretend they dont exist.

Bullshit. If he gets eyes on the screen, the media will cover him.

And he's proven there's no one better at attracting viewers. This is not the last we will see of Donald Trump, regardless of the outcome of this election.

I wonder what's going to be in their autopsy 2.0 report. They basically ignored all the findings of their report in 2012.

Reforms for the party are fine and dandy until you realize the toxic cesspool of a base you created over decades isn't going to reform with you. They are their own worst enemy. They have to navigate a minefield of Tea Party challengers and apparently insane fascists before they can even get out of their own primaries. No room for progressive reforms.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Reforms for the party are fine and dandy until you realize the toxic cesspool of a base you created over decades isn't going to reform with you. They are their own worst enemy. They have to navigate a minefield of Tea Party challengers and apparently insane fascists before they can even get out of their own primaries. No room for progressive reforms.

And because local districts are gerrymandered, any move towards a semblance of moderation will be highly ineffective downticket.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't stop it from being super racist.

They didn't try to lead anyone to anything. They just ratcheted up the hatred, lies, xenophobia, ad partisanship in order to smear and attack Obama. The GOP is too cowardly to attempt to elevate their base for the good of their country. They will continue exploiting the worst aspects of it in order to feed their hatred machine.

Can we talk about what will happen after Clinton's first 4 years? Is she going to be re-elected? I'm sure not going to vote for her again if there's a decent Democratic opponent in the primaries, even if they don't get the nom. With all the supreme court pressure off presumably, there won't be a "at least she's not Trump" reason to vote for her unless she does amazing in her first term which I doubt because of power of the Republican Congress.

Maledict

Unless something incredibly odd happens she isn't going to get primaried. We are well past the era when a sitting president gets primaried by his own party.

If that were true, then Trump is the fucking Boss.

maxresdefault.jpg

Someone shop his face here.

Yeaaaah.

I mean, it makes sense. I've been using that conspiracy theory to great effect on the internet and in my neighborhood. See, you have to use their irrational conspiracy theorism AGAINST them...

johnsmith

remember me
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/12/you-cant-overstate-panic-inside-the-gop-over-trump-commentary.html

You can't overstate panic inside GOP currently. Lots of conversations taking place. More defections coming. Will they be before debate?

The campaign doesn't exist. They can't control the candidate. The candidate isn't learning or growing. And he thinks he's winning, despite all evidence to the contrary.
I'm at the end of my rope.

Trump is threatening the entire GOP and it could take a decade to erase the damage. We are looking at an extinction-level event.

She is fixing her problems: improving her likability, unifying the Democratic Party, baiting her opponent, and reaching out to Republicans and independents. All while running an effective national campaign.
Trump is making his problems worse. He's doing nothing to win the votes of Hispanics, African-Americans, millennials or college-educated women.

Coming from a GOP strategist, this is a huge complement to Clinton.

And likewise, points out that the fats in the oven now for Trump.

superbeau

Neo Member
What is the whole story with that spat? The only thing I can find is that he questioned why the mother didn't say anything and implied it was because she wasn't allowed to. People allude to there being a back and forth between him and them but I can only find that one remark from him and the reply from the Khans. What did he say after the initial comment?

and then on top of what other people have replied to you about, his NY co-chair had this to say

https://www.buzzfeed.com/christophe...n-doesnt-deser?utm_term=.aqzP7ENO8#.iqY0Jej5n

Can we talk about what will happen after Clinton's first 4 years? Is she going to be re-elected? I'm sure not going to vote for her again if there's a decent Democratic opponent in the primaries, even if they don't get the nom. With all the supreme court pressure off presumably, there won't be a "at least she's not Trump" reason to vote for her unless she does amazing in her first term which I doubt because of power of the Republican Congress.

If she wins, she's not going to be primaried. You do not primary a sitting President. The last time the Democratic Party tried that was in 1980 and it is one of the factors that cost us the election. The DNC will not host debates. They will not sanction events. They will not allow someone to try and unseat a sitting President. You never, ever (as a party) willingly give up the power of incumbency.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Coming from a GOP strategist, this is a huge complement to Clinton.

And likewise, points out that the fats in the oven now for Trump.

Not sure what you were going for, farts?

kevin1025

Banned
Not to hijack the topic, but I wrote this in the Trump Volunteer Observer thread when I went to the survey Washington Post mentioned in their article:

While we're all doing our (illegal) election observing, might as well complete Trump surveys while we're at it! The questions are totally fair and not biased, believe me!

https://action.trump2016.com/trump-mms-survey/

Questions #26 and #27 are INCREDIBLE.

Edit: Wow, it gets even worse. When you submit, it takes you to this:

w2RUAYA.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom