• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Politico: [Trump is causing] "RNC staff on the edge of mutiny.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sciz

Needs more popsicle stick on the bottom and slightly misplaced bubblegum eyes.

trump_timeolkdo.jpg

120v

I thought Marco quit politics? Didn't he say he was going to live as a private citizen and away from politics after he dropped out of the race?

ran for re-election at the last minute. allegedly because the orlando shooting. but i think he just didn't want his crappy primary performance to be his "legacy"

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
My man!

Edit
ran for re-election at the last minute. allegedly because the orlando shooting. but i think he just didn't want his crappy primary performance to be his "legacy"
Naw. He wants to run again, best way to do that is from the senate where he can essentially campaign while doing nothing. If he were governor he would actually have to do stuff. Even though I do believe he hates being a senator.

Ploid 3.0

jesus, can this fucking gif get a rest?

I'm glad it was posted, it was the exact thing I was thinking. I haven't seen it posted around but I don't usually enter these threads. Let them destroy themselves until the one with sense emerges.

johnsmith

remember me
“This is a typical meeting" Giorno said. "There’s no consternation. These are meetings we’re having in the battleground states to get it all going. We keep seeing these reports that there’s a rift between Reince [Priebus] and the boss and it’s just false.”

He's literally saying "This is fine"

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
The Republican party is so obviously in deep fucking trouble. And I love it.

It all still feels way too soon.

I fear a recovery.

Please be wrong, me.

We're less than 3 months away from election and Trump is at near historic lows in polling with key minority votes being at epic levels of being low. Even if this meeting magically fixes everything between him and the RNC and they manage to muzzle him and keep him on some type of coherent message, Trump would have to work hard just to be competitive with Clinton now.

But frankly, the kind of image he's created for himself is something that will take years to fix. A couple of months of paying lip service isn't going do shit.

Brinbe

The infighting is gonna be amazing to watch from outsiders. AND WE BETTER FUCKING GET THE TRUMPENING: GAME CHANGE 2016

Oriel

And yet listening to the talking heads on Fox News nothing is wrong and the polls are neck and neck. Yeah, basically thisisfine.gif at Murdoch Towers.

Maledict

My man!

Edit

Naw. He wants to run again, best way to do that is from the senate where he can essentially campaign while doing nothing. If he were governor he would actually have to do stuff. Even though I do believe he hates being a senator.

The senate is actually, historically, a really bad place to run for president from. Obama and JFK are the only ones who managed it in the modern era. Being in the senate means you have to cast votes that will be used against you in a primary or a general.

These three things happened in quick succession:

1. RNC was a completely tone-deaf clusterfuck. His "I alone can fix it" got a lot of people legit shook with how authoritarian he was sounding. For many people, that's when reality set in that the man is a lunatic.
2. DNC went much better than anyone expected, and they fucking went IN on Trump for 4 days
3. Trump almost immediately got into a spat with the Khan family, couldn't stop himself even after everyone around him told him to cut it out

Everything that has happened since has been Trump just continuing to swim in the shit he took.

What is the whole story with that spat? The only thing I can find is that he questioned why the mother didn't say anything and implied it was because she wasn't allowed to. People allude to there being a back and forth between him and them but I can only find that one remark from him and the reply from the Khans. What did he say after the initial comment?

Diablos

If Trump loses I wouldn't be surprised if they set up a superdelegate type of system as a failsafe for the future, and vet really really hard the people who would be superdelegates to make sure they're true blue. Well, true red.

This quote from F.E.A.R. seems appropriate.

"It is the way of men to make monsters... and it is the nature of monsters to destroy their makers."
- Harlan Wade

Diablos

Win or lose I wouldn't be shocked if this is the first thing they do after the elections this year.
Possibly. But it's much more likely to happen if he loses to put a lid on it and do their best to make sure someone like Trump never has a chance again.

If he wins... they can do it but he's still President so it's symbolic at best. Not to mention I think the GOP as we know it would be even less stable than it is now.

What is the whole story with that spat? The only thing I can find is that he questioned why the mother didn't say anything and implied it was because she wasn't allowed to. People allude to there being a back and forth between him and them but I can only find that one remark from him and the reply from the Khans. What did he say after the initial comment?

On Twitter Trump played the victim and insist that Khan had no right to criticize him because he has never met him. There's probably a few more but that's the one I remembered clearly for the fucking hypocrisy

Trurl

Banned
I'm not afraid of Trump making a recovery. The only way that Trump wins is if an enormous number of people are lying about not voting for him due to shame while also being extremely motivated to vote. That's not happening and would also be something that's true now so it wouldn't be a "recovery."

I am concerned about the GOP having time to separate the perception and fate of downticket races. The party needs to pay and I'm concerned that they'll be able to put all of the blame for their sins on Trump alone and get away with it.

aaaaa0

Seth Meyers did a good segment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ezfGuZmZlM

Then after that, a veteran went on stage and offered his Purple Heart medal (given for injury or death while serving in the military) to Trump:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR66EoDQEt0

And then Khan says he should have just thanked the veteran and refused to accept it because he didn't earn it, because he evaded service in Vietnam:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aChQbLTAQbg

Then some Trump surrogates (Hannity, Breitbart, etc) tried to smear Khan's name by claiming he's a secret Muslim Brotherhood agent, or secretly supports implementing Sharia in the US by quoting selectively from some papers he wrote in the 1980s, and attacking his statement that there is no such thing as Sharia Law (which is technically true but could be considered misleading, as Islamic nations use legal systems derived from Sharia principles plus a whole lot of stuff borrowed from various other legal systems, since Sharia doesn't have enough in it to run an actual country in the 21st century.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fluAe7OObR8

Which resulted in a response from in Khan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpGAsbfzzI8

And I think that's where it left off.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Fron my estimate the biggest variables are:

1) the southern strategy which enabled the most bigoted and outspoken of the base to have equal footing in the legitimacy of their beliefs.

2) Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, etc. Their dialogue, fear mongering, and ability to evade facts led to a normalcy to spouting bullshit.

3) White national response to a bubbling culture war due to whites losing their footing as seperate from justic and huge privelage.

When you are used to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

I agree with all but I would add the increased strain on the poor and middle class. People are indeed getting fucked over partially, but they blame minorities and not the powerful.

This is partially because of 2 and 3.

It's easier to punch down.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
The senate is actually, historically, a really bad place to run for president from. Obama and JFK are the only ones who managed it in the modern era. Being in the senate means you have to cast votes that will be used against you in a primary or a general.
I didn't say it was a good idea. Just that that is what he is likely thinking :p

Also the best way not to have a voting record is to miss a lot of votes. Rubio excels at this ;)

jay

So basically RNC on verge of having principle shift from win presidency at any cost to win lower elections at any cost. Inspiring.

DedValve

Banned
Trump is a sociopath and the GOP is a house of evil. However Trump might come out of this unscathed.

I really wish I could say the same for.....nah go fuck yourselves. Republicans stand for nothing but evil now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom