• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Politico: [Trump is causing] "RNC staff on the edge of mutiny.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

ran for re-election at the last minute. allegedly because the orlando shooting. but i think he just didn't want his crappy primary performance to be his "legacy"

yeah, plus what's his plan B? i don't know what kinda career he'd have lined up at this point in the private market quite yet either

Rick Scott's not up for re-election this year but is term-limited out in 2018.

yup, so grateful for that! you just know he'll make a senate bid, no fuckin way we keep letting him fail upwards, ugh. also, we're getting ads out for debbie and she's gotta stay done too.

Steel

Banned
Not to hijack the topic, but I wrote this in the Trump Volunteer Observer thread when I went to the survey Washington Post mentioned in their article:

Persecution complex survey? Persecution complex survey.

But seriously, what's the point of having a survey so obviously biased that the only ones who will seriously answer the questions are people solidly in Trump's camp?

Persecution complex survey? Persecution complex survey.

But seriously, what's the point of having a survey so obviously biased that the only ones who will seriously answer the questions are people solidly in Trump's camp?

In Trump's mind, the people solidly in Trump's camp is the 'real' America, and of course grossly unrepresented by rigged polls.

Future

No respect given until mutiny.

At least the polls and battleground states show people seeing the light. Unfortunately it's the republican officials and people in power that don't have the spine to denounce the dude

No respect given until mutiny.

I'm really looking forward to Ryan, Priebus, and so many other current Trump apologists being asked if they agree with his positions on "rigging" and "cheating" in interviews over the next week.

These positions that every reasonable person would admit are damaging to our nation and our democracy.

I'm really looking forward to Ryan, Priebus, and so many other current Trump apologists being asked if they agree with his positions on "rigging" and "cheating" in interviews over the next week.

These positions that every reasonable person would admit are damaging to our nation and our democracy.

Their careers are stumped after this.

If Ryan tries to run..."You supported Trump 4 years ago. You told people to support Trump. Why should we trust you to lead our country when you were ready to trust a madman?"

Future

If Ryan tries to run..."You supported Trump 4 years ago. You told people to support Trump. Why should we trust you to lead our country when you were ready to trust a madman?"

That's what would happen if logical smart people were looking at things

Democratic or Republican ideologies aside, I can't see how any intelligent person can look at what's going on here and support it. It's reached parody like levels..... Yet people still talk about it in a serious manner! If you turn on the news you will see old people in suits supporting most of trumps nonsense and arguing it out as if there is something to debate. It's almost maddening

Ryan's career was honestly sunk as soon as they made him Speaker for the most hated House in at least recent memory, if not all time. They're sitting at, what, 11% approval at this point? He's going to be tarred with every petty, ridiculous, obstructionist act enacted over his tenure for the rest of his career.

I'm honestly curious why. I can only assume there are some cantankerous old men in the party who still want their run at President and were worried Ryan would get too popular and muscle them out of the running. I think it's pretty obvious someone tried to torpedo his career on purpose, at any rate.

That's what would happen if logical smart people were looking at things

Democratic or Republican ideologies aside, I can't see how any intelligent person can look at what's going on here and support it. It's reached parody like levels..... Yet people still talk about it in a serious manner! If you turn on the news you will see old people in suits supporting most of trumps nonsense and arguing it out as if there is something to debate. It's almost maddening

That's the only thing that I see as an issue. People who treat political parties like a sports team, and who'll stick with their team through rain or shine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom