• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POLL:How would you rate the June 11th PS5 event

POLL:How would you rate the June 11th PS5 event

• 10 -Epic

Votes: 36 7.3%

Votes: 54 11.0%

Votes: 108 22.0%

Votes: 97 19.7%

Votes: 45 9.1%
  • 5 - Mediocre

Votes: 79 16.1%

Votes: 27 5.5%

Votes: 18 3.7%

Votes: 9 1.8%
  • 1 Trash

Votes: 19 3.9%

• Total voters

makaveli60

Underwhelming. Only Ratchet and Clank made me say "damn, this looks nextgen, I want it" and RE8 maybe. Perhaps if they showed gameplays from the other games too... After so much wait this was that they could come up with? I was not disappointed in MS's show because I was not expecting anything but I thought Sony will blow me away so I'm disappointed now. And that GTA shit at the beginning... That's a sin that they didn't announce the next GTA after starting like that. Although the console at least looks fucking sick. Best design IMO for a console ever.

tenor.gif

Pejo

Gold Member
Mediocre fits this perfectly. They had so many chances to come out swinging and they start with GTA V moneyhat. Then all the indie crap in the middle. The ending saved it basically, Demon's Souls/RE8/Horizon. Without those games it would have been a huge dud.

Also, just like MS's event, the """"""gameplay"""""" trailers were very dishonest.

Mediocre.

It was almost the same as the Series X "Gameplay" reveal show from a few weeks back. This was supposed to be the "Future of gaming", yet we got lots of Cross-Gen games and also hardly anything about the console and gamepad. I wanted to see an in-depth look at the gamepad and what it does in games. Like... literally showing how it can increase immersion.

I would've loved to see more of the console as well... like what Microsoft did. I would've loved to see how it's built up internally (especially cooling).

I'm neither hyped, nor too disappointed. This kinda left me empty. Horizon 2 looked great, though, and some of the other titles as well.

leo-j

Mediocre.

It was almost the same as the Series X "Gameplay" reveal show from a few weeks back. This was supposed to be the "Future of gaming", yet we got lots of Cross-Gen games and also hardly anything about the console and gamepad. I wanted to see an in-depth look at the gamepad and what it does in games. Like... literally showing how it can increase immersion.

I would've loved to see more of the console as well... like what Microsoft did. I would've loved to see how it's built up internally (especially cooling).

I'm neither hyped, nor too disappointed. This kinda left me empty. Horizon 2 looked great, though, and some of the other titles as well.

what cross gen games other than gta v and that strawberry game.

Gamernyc78

Banned
🔥🔥🔥🔥
Great presentation you have many on Twitter saying the same. Solid 85-90 nothing but fucking games, gameplay, many first party, some heavy hitters as well as platformer, some indies. Variety off the chain. No cutscene focus but pure gameplay.

Shifty1897

Everything looked fine to me. Would have appreciated more actual gameplay.

Ratchet and Horizon are far and away the graphical powerhouses. My God, both of those games were doing things you don't see in current gen video games right now.

Last edited:
They had the perfect opportunity to to finally show the price but didnt. The show was solid with some snoozers in there for me (different strokes for different folks) but a lot I liked as well. A solid 8.

Barakov

I had my problems with it and I thought it was 7/10. There was a lot of stuff in there I had no interest in. Demon's Souls, R&C and others were really great though.

IamOnline4Real

owns Galaxy Brain. Still shrink wrapped.
Mediocre...
dce85a7a869922642036a783d0a33b21.jpg

Most games they showed run easily on ps4. Nothing look next gen, like a must have.
Consoles look ok I guess.
I was disappointed.

Demon souls so far is the only reason I buy a ps5 down the line.

Last edited:

Meowzers

Maybe people should stop boarding the hype train. It's a bloody curse I tells ye!

That's why I opted out this time around as well as next month with XSX reveal. Oh and I won't be taking any notice to 4chan ''leaks'' saying that the show will start in a certain way and show certain games in order. It's all just a load of bollocks.

This reveal was better by far, but only because MS reveal was utter wank.

Fake

I give a 7 because once again the first party are there to save the day. Some others games looking not so cool. That Goodbye game presentation for a PS5 game was terrible.

whitesugar

Banned
in terms of games, i thought it was good. spiderman, gt7, new ratchet, demon souls remastered, sackboy game, returnal and horizon 2 is an infinitely better first year first party slate than PS4. there was some interesting third party stuff, Resident Evil 8 and Deathloop looking the best. Square's game Project Athina[?] was curious as they described it as "designed exclusively for PS5" and i'm wondering what that actually means.

as a conference, it was meh. very bizarre opening with the GTAV news, and the middle part with all the indies was way too long and needed a bigger game amongst them - they spunked through the bigger games at the beginning so fast and then spent 10 minutes or so too long on the indie stuff. there was also a VERY liberal use of the word gameplay. sony have been good at showing gameplay in the last few years, but this felt more like an MS conference where they say the word gameplay before a trailer and afterwards you are left scratching your head.

the console itself i want to wait to judge, as i think people are prone to hot takes and the consoles look better once you are a bit used to them. but my initial thought was that it will look ok from the side but much nicer from above. the option for digital only is nice too

i'd say 6-7/10.

Last edited:

Codes 208

It was decent. Didnt quite sell me just yet. Though the highlights for me were stray, ratchet and clank, horizon 2, demon souls (i would prefer bloodborne but DeS is fine), sackboy’s big adventure (looks a lot like sm3dw, an under-appreciated gem of the wii u), and RE8

Nymphae

Banned
DIdn't watch it trying to catch up on news, not seeing anything that makes me need it day 1. Still might get one, maybe get Spider-Man BLM Edition.

McHuj

I think it would have had a bigger impact if they focused on fewer games 6-8, but went into more detail about them with more game play and discussed what makes them better on PS5.

The problem is that I think a lot of those games are cross-gen so it makes the show less impactful.

Watched it and I really liked it. The breath of different art styles and different types of games. I am so glad that is wasn't "ultra realistic" "realistic" game after "realistic" game. The Ratchet game looked AMAZING. If you thought this presentation was "trash"geez... what do you actually enjoy? Maybe I'm just a positive person? But people called the first Series X gameplay showcase "Trash" I wouldn't call it that. It lacked gameplay, but I thought it was a fine showing.

There was such great art and art direction in the games that were shown. Such variety. That was a presentation.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Disappointing. Can't believe I stayed up to watch this.

Only games I want to play are Horizon 2 + Demons Souls.

The console design is horrendous. I'll be waiting until the PS5 Slim before jumping in.

Self

The show was decent, but had bad pacing. Show off the real deals at the beginning and the little ones after.
The middle part was really lame...

Last edited:

Old Retro

giphy.gif

It lacked essential stats! I may have been lulled to sleep by the the Foodbugs and Yarnman titles, but I did not see the price or hardware specs. They should have shown twice the releases as they did.

UnNamed

Banned
Good reveal per se. But not that next gen leap I would expected. Nothing to push me to sold PS4 (which I don't have anymore) to buy a PS5. And since I'm stuck with Switch in this moment, not desiring a next gen console is not a good sign.
No, it's not me, give me a game with that UE5 graphics and I'll give you my money.

Top Bottom