• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POLL:How would you rate the June 11th PS5 event

POLL:How would you rate the June 11th PS5 event

• 10 -Epic

Votes: 36 7.3%

Votes: 54 11.0%

Votes: 108 22.0%

Votes: 97 19.7%

Votes: 45 9.1%
  • 5 - Mediocre

Votes: 79 16.1%

Votes: 27 5.5%

Votes: 18 3.7%

Votes: 9 1.8%
  • 1 Trash

Votes: 19 3.9%

• Total voters

God Enel

My thoughts:

- I think they showed too much ‘kiddo shit’ that looks kinda ‘samey’ - i mean I get it they want to show a lot of different games and genres but they all look the same and have the same humor (-ratchet as these games are imho really good but they too have the same style of humor)
- loved RE 8
- loves project Arthia (I think that was the name?)
- Spider-Man 2 what was shown looks like a little bit better Version of spider man 1 - but they basically didn’t show anything.
- horizon looks good. Didn’t play the first one so..
- demons souls. I have the original at home. Love the souls games but they’re way too hard for me. But happy as many people requested it and the trailer draws you in.
- godfall dunno imho game doesn’t click with me. Seems boring and kinda whack.
- ratchet and clank is awesome - but I like this franchise a lot.
- console design I have to view it from all angles. It’s different. I’m not sure about it.
- presentation by itself was imho underwhelming. I hate games that have this forced cool image. For example destruction all stars (maybe a fun game) the deadshot or whatever it’s called game by Bethesda. Sorry I’m not 12 anymore maybe kids love this shit more than I do, so yeah.. But it’s imho always a waste of time.
- what was this weird game by octodad guy and there was another one with weird looking cartoon shit? Did I miss the gameplay? Overall there wasn’t that much of gameplay.

overall I voted for 6/10 but after thinking about if for some minutes I’d rather give it 4-5/10

Shantae

Banned
Maybe I'm a closet Nintendo fanboy or something, but Sony never shows anything that gets me too excited. Their tone always seems all over the place for me. The only thing that sorta sparked my interest were sequels to things I already played, because I know the series are good. For example, I know Hitman 1 and 2 were good, so I'm sorta interested in Hitman 3. I'm a long time fan of the Resident Evil series, so I'm sorta interested in Village, but at the same time, I hated the FPS of RE7 the most, and this is a sequel to that, which I don't want.

Fuck Miles Morales. He's not a Spider-man I ever care about or like.

Controversial opinion, but always thought Dark Souls was better than Demons Souls.

Ratchet looked alright, but I always get bored whenever I play those games, so my interest is meh.

Also, we got consoles launching this year, and no price or date? This was still technically their E3 reveal, and remember when E3 was when they announced dates and price? This holding it close to the chest to the last minute doesn't make it any easier if they are hoping to get me to open my wallet anytime soon.

Helios

It was alright. Mostly excited for RE8 and Demon Souls. Not really sold on Arkane's new title but maybe I'll change my mind.
Not a lot of gameplay in most of those trailers which is kind of to be expected at this point but still quite disappointing.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Trash. Only showing actual gameplay of games like Horizon 2, Racthet and any other games that looked next gen would have been much better.

Last edited:

docbot

Banned
found it better than Microsofts event, it seems kind of clear that they will have another event showing everything more in details, actual hardware, OS, gameplay, price etc..

Wunray

TBH Ratchet and Clank was the only next gen game there, or I should say it was the only game to show us what next gen is capable of. 7/10

MrS

Banned
Strong 8

The middle section lagged and the stream was dog-shit quality, but watching the 4K videos afterwards I think Ratchet, Kena, Returnal, Stray, GT7, Athia, Godfall, DeSo, RE8 and Horizon all look really good and that the potato quality did them dirty. The console reveal (and those sweet looking headphones) was a good idea too - console looks really great, futuristic and I've wanted a white Sony launch console for ages. Very happy with the showing.

Last edited:

evanft

Sony gave me more compelling reasons to buy a PS5 in one hour than MS has given me to buy an XSX in six months. Shit, Sony probably just announced more good exclusives than MS has in the last two years combined.

- Spider Man Miles Morales
- Gran Turismo 7
- Ratchet and Clank
- Demon’s Souls
- Horizon 2

There were some other Sony exclusives that could be interesting, but obviously I don’t know enough about them to get hyped. A lot of the footage also clearly looked like gameplay or representative of actual gameplay, which was a relief.

I could take or leave the console design, but I’m not really buying a console cause of the way it looks.

Solid 8/10. One of the better reveals I can remember seeing.

NahaNago

I gave it a 7 because it had games I was interested and would definitely buy, but the show didn't hype me even further for the PS5. They should have simply made this either a 2 hour event or limited it to only the AAA games for a smaller reveal but wowed us with the details and the graphics. If this is simply the intro show for the PS5 then it is a success but if this is the only major showing of games for the PS5 this year then it is a failure.

We got to see the new Resident Evil, Hitman 3, Horizon 2, Spiderman, GT7, and the console design. That's a solid 8 in my book. Shame they tied down the reveal with a bunch of indie shit. I would rather see deep dives into gameplay with the big games that showcase the PS5's power and speed of the SSD instead of a trailer of a dinosaur high school game that some furry made.

Valonquar

There were too many indie games, but I expected that. I'm actually suprised they didn't have more "HD Remaster" filler, so that was nice not to see. Horizon 2 is all it will take for me, though I suspect that will be a long ways off.

bitbydeath

8/10.
I don’t know why people are complaining considering before the reveal people were hoping the games that showed up did show up.

GT7
Spider-Man
Ratchet and Clank
Demon Souls
RE8
Horizon 2

Were all there plus some good surprises like Kena, Project Athia, Sackboy and Destruction All-Stars.

And Stray looked like something straight out of Love Death and Robots.

7. A lot of indies and PS4 quality games.

Horizon 2 is only game that scream next-gen. RnC, RE8, GT7, Demon Soul announcement is good tho.

Another good things is they reveal the console.

I rate it 6*, a hair above mediocre, only because it was bookended by Spider-Man and Horizon. I'm excited for them both, but I have to admit that is mostly due to my loving the current games so much in both franchises. The trailers didn't do much to excite me. I'm probably being a bit unfair to Horizon due to the fact that I was so bored by the time it showed up that it started in a deep hole and had to climb out.

Ratchet & Clank looks like a game I'll want to eventually get, but it's not a system seller for me. As for the console, I'm not really liking the look of it, but I said the same about the controller and it grew on me.

With Horizon having no release date, I have to be honest and say I am now less likely to pick the PS5 up at launch. Sony needs to do much more to build hype. "A hair above mediocre" is not a good place to be in.

* Edit: After reading what I wrote I changed my score to a straight up 5-mediocre. It just costed by on the strength of two strong franchises.

Last edited:
Probably a 7 or 6.5
Not enough actual information and legit gameplay. No price, no features list, some mid games but that's expected for launch titles. The console design looks good imo wish we just got more info

I rated it a 6 for me since Sony showed the box. But I'm disappointed that we didn't get to see what the back and bottom sides look like, so I'm not fully confident in the heat management of the PS5 with that ultra high running, 2.23 Ghz GPU.

The games shown was great. 8.4 out of 10. The stream however was absolute dogshit. Audio phrasing in and out, stream looked like 480p at best. I had to go watch the new uploads!

Yes, they could have shown more gameplay, but those who are disappointed have spent too much time circlejerking in the next gen thread. So many cool games revealed.

Last edited:

Naibel

It was solid, better than the Microsoft pres. The only thing being, the highs are VERY high (GT7, Ratchet, Demon Souls, Horizon, RE 8, Kena) and the lows are VERY low (Goodbye Whatever, Buttsex). The inbetween stuff looks interesting, but there's not enough content/gameplay for me to form a proper opinion about that.

The look of the console is bold (the jury's still out on this one), and the fact it comes in two models is a sign of things to come. Say goodbye to physical media for Gen 10, people.

No price or release date, son, I am disappoint.

7.5/10, maybe not a Day 1 purchase but it looks like Sony still has it for the most part.

Last edited:

plip.plop

J6GbRvi.jpg

PS5 looks like the Navigation Tower in Qatar. Anyone else seeing it?

Shantae

Banned
It's not trolling to have an opinion on the games we just saw.

What do you want to buy in the launch window from what we just saw? For me it's not much.
A lot of stuff didn't even have dates, and every thing third party that is launching in the "launch window" is surely going to be a cross gen game, hence will not take advantage of the platform either.

I think I will play it smart and not buy a new console for a couple years. I'm still most happy with my Switch and that just goes to show that specs aren't everything.

Boxman

Banned
The presentation was a 10/10.
The content was a 8/10.

I wouldn't know how to have made it better. There were a lot of AAA and AA titles from reputable third-party developers. They definitely knew the definition of 'gameplay' unlike Microsoft. I hope they learn from this event and make their July event the best it can be with actual gameplay from multiple games. I am however disappointed that a lot of Western developers now want their predominantly male audience to start playing as female protagonists.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I was take by surprise expecting a standard PlayStation show but Sony PS4 delivered with little talk with dozen of games with gameplay.

10 - It was one of the best console presentation I ever watched.

The design is just so beautiful.

Last edited:
7/10.

Don't like the look of the console and half the games shown I wasn't really interested in, but I think it did have some interesting stuff.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I gave it a 6. Could have been better, but it could have been worse.

Things that would have made it better are price and release date.

Top Bottom