• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POLL:How would you rate the June 11th PS5 event

POLL:How would you rate the June 11th PS5 event

• 10 -Epic

Votes: 36 7.3%

Votes: 54 11.0%

Votes: 108 22.0%

Votes: 97 19.7%

Votes: 45 9.1%
  • 5 - Mediocre

Votes: 79 16.1%

Votes: 27 5.5%

Votes: 18 3.7%

Votes: 9 1.8%
  • 1 Trash

Votes: 19 3.9%

• Total voters

JimiNutz

Banned
Really solid line up of exclusives.
Some interesting looking third party stuff.
Good pacing and length. Was never really bored.

Would have liked a bit more pure gameplay.
Console is ugly.

A solid 8 overall, arguably a 9 if you like to get balls deep in Sony.

Naked Lunch

A solid 3/10.
I mean they kicked it off with 2013's GTA V. whooo....
Hyper Light Drifter dev, probably the best 2D game in years - is now making a generic 3D 3rd person platformer.

There was no killer apps shown, and I wasnt interested in any game outside of Ghostline, but it looks to be first person so no thanks.
I expected and hoped for far, far more. Silent Hill?
I liked the music of the conf and the transition shots.

Arkam

I walked away super impressed and hyped. Spider-Man MM at ~launch makes it a lock for me. But there were at least half dozen other games that had me say "DAAAMN".

Sakura

It was pretty boring. Almost none of the games looked particularly impressive. Half the titles seemed to be indie titles, no offence to indies but it doesn't exactly do a good job of showing off the power of your new console.
Then you have a bunch of what appear to be concept trailers. No gameplay, no nothing. If you show people a concept trailer of something like FFVIIR, then people will get excited because they know what it is. But you show me a trailer of 'Project Athia' or whatever, and it's just like, ok?
They should've had a few big titles, and given us extended gameplay. Showing us what they are able to do because of the power of the PS5 and it's amazing SSD or 3D audio or whatever.
Then to top it off, still no price or release date? Are we going to have to find out the price ourselves when we see it on shelf?

njean777

I gave it a 7, pretty good, but didn't persuade me to get one at all. I really only gave it a 7 because of the RE8 trailer.

MrA

Looks fine, definitely the smallest jump infidelity we've seen to next generation, but I think I would be a more noticeable upgrade if there hadn't been the mid gen refresh systems, Hopefully the incredibly high data transfer rates will allow something new visually and design-wise.
not going to buy one anytime soon, Maybe at resident evil 8,

Last edited:

Starfield

I rated it 6/10

Too many childish/cartoony games. Not my taste.

But hey it was better than Microsofts 3rd party stream but that's a given since Xbox didn't do that great and also didn't show any 1st party studio games.

I liked Deathloop, Ghostwire and RE8. Horizon looked good aswell but boy that was a boring trailer. Not a good way to show off one of your biggest exclusive titles probably.

For a 1st party showcase it was pretty weak tbh.
I think xbox's 1st party event will blow this one out of the water, easily. Just look at the games that are already (semi-) confirmed for it:
Halo Infinite, rare new IP, hellblade 2, Microsoft flight simulator, Forza, Fable 4, New inniative IP possibly, AoE4, and the list goes on. If they show all of that then ms has a great ahowcase

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
8.0/10. Added 7 games to my future log games list. Great show overall but the middle fucking dragged and bored the shit out of me. Depending on the price difference, I may buy the Digital Edition because as a secondary console, im only going to be playing exclusives on PS5 so if there's say, a $200 price difference but all the specs are the same, I'll go All Digital.

- Spider Man: Miles Morales
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
- Godfall*
- Project Athia*
- Resident Evil VIII: Village
- Returnal
- Horizon II: Forbidden West

* - One year timed exclusive so I'll wait for the Series X version especially for Godfall since that's meant to be a looter slasher.

Vroadstar

Gold Member
A very solid 8 only because they can't have 10 all the time what with TLOU2 reviews dropping later, would be too unfair to the competition

7. Good, but fairly far from great.

Lmao at the usual suspects spamming the thread with 10s, fires and “omg how can you not be impressed” comments. Guaranteeing it now, make this thread for the July Xbox showing and it’ll be the polar opposite.

MrA

I didn't realize the opened with grand theft auto 5, hilarious because it was by far the least impressive game shown and will likely be the systems best selling game at the same time.
everything else about it was fine as I said earlier... though if it really is as huge as the Xbox sex disc drive to ps5 disc drive comparison suggests I don't know if I think awesome and laugh or just a laugh

KINGMOKU

My whole crew was thinking about changing to playstation this gen but after this decidedly mediocre display, it's now up to Microsoft to top...this.

Nothing here is impressive. From the console, to the games. I'm sorry. I mean sure the games looked good but if someone told me that they were PS4 pro games I wouldn't bat an eye.

We are all hesitant to upgrade as it is(all xbox one x owners)as the whole "crossgen" has us wondering "why" to begin with and so far nothing I have seen from either camp has impressed me, or my squad. Unless Microsoft really just blows this out of the water, we all may be sitting on the one x for a year, or even two at this rate.

Really disappointed. Expected much, much more out of this presentation. Mediocre at best.

docbot

Banned
On second thought, I'm suprised Sony doesn't have anything more polished to show for the PS5 right now. Especially with TLOU 2 only being days away, nothing they showed really seemed to even come close.

Maybe it's my fault by having too lofty expectations, but I thought that the next generation would not just be a graphical leap, but also a step further in the direction games like TLOU2 took, meaning that gaming will becoming more serious and on par with film, featuring more serious narration and storytelling, thanks to the new technology provided by next gen platforms, but so far everything seemed very "video gamey"

RE8 seems to have laughably bad, almost campy, also tonally very unfocused, reminded me a bit of RE6.

Hellblade 2 and the UE:5 demo have been the only next gen trailers so far that I've found to actually show what next gen hopefully will be like at some point.

It seems like developers themselves aren't really ready to produce the content next gen hardware can make possible... yet

Last edited:
I give it an 8/10. Really varied and diverse line-up, impressive visuals. I was already buying PS5 over Series X, tho, because I have a more than capable PC and can just game pass any X exclusives I actually care about, so I didn't really need much convincing or swaying.

Raonak

Banned
One of the best all time games showcases. So much high quality games, fantastic hardware reveal. Well paces, no fluff.

Makes the PS4 reveal look amateurish, and is overall better than any of their E3 conferences except maybe the year of dreams.

I thought it was fine. I'd give it an 8 or thereabouts, in a "not bad, thanks for keeping me in the loop," sort of way. Some nice games, but no real next-gen-oh-shit-gotta-have-now moments, if any.

gypsygib

So you don't like Demons Souls, GT7, R&C, Spider-man or Horizon or Housemarques new game? I would have thought most people would think that is an incredible lineup....

I liked Horizon, it looked very cool. No interest in R&C (it had among the best graphics of the show though), don't play racing games, Spider-man was amazing on PS4 so definitely interested but they didn't show much of it and I couldn't really see a next-gen jump in graphics from the small bit they showed, the Housemarque game looks promising but nothing wowed me and I felt the vast majority of games on display didn't appeal to my interests at all. RE looked cool aside from the weird framerate.

I don't know, maybe I hyped myself up way too much. Console reveal was the best part for me, but would have wanted pricing info. Also, I would have been better off just waiting for Sony to upload the game previews as the stream seemed low quality throughout, which also tempered my excitement. I thought they'd show some OS or new features and at least a tech demo to show off some next-gen graphics or SSD advantages.

The poll asked my opinion, I gave it, honestly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom