• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POLL:How would you rate the June 11th PS5 event

POLL:How would you rate the June 11th PS5 event

• 10 -Epic

Votes: 36 7.3%

Votes: 54 11.0%

Votes: 108 22.0%

Votes: 97 19.7%

Votes: 45 9.1%
  • 5 - Mediocre

Votes: 79 16.1%

Votes: 27 5.5%

Votes: 18 3.7%

Votes: 9 1.8%
  • 1 Trash

Votes: 19 3.9%

• Total voters

MDSLKTR

The streaming video quality does NOT do justice to the graphics. It could leave a bad impression at first but the 4k official clips are dreamy.

Hinedorf

Banned
I wont be buying a PS5 at launch but there's a guarantee I will sink my teeth into Horizon 2 at some point. Their presentation did everything the Microsoft one didn't. I'm genuinely excited for Spiderman and Horizon but for me a console-buyer would've been any sort of glimpse at a Rockstar game

ethomaz

Banned
Lets be honest, you would probably of given the show a 9 if it had been cancelled at the last minute.
How can I rate a canceled show? And I already give Sony show 4/10 and 6/10 for example lol PS4 reveal event was 9/10 for me (this one was much better).

Last edited:

Xenon

This saves me money. I have no plan to buy a PS5 this year now. Sure Xbox might not have that much either but at least I get a huge bump to performance on a lot of my other games and the best performance on third-party multi-platform games.

Last edited:

mili2110

From a scale of 1-10. How would you rate the event? IMO it went downhill from Spiderman and got better in the end with Horizon 2 and Demon Souls Remaster. I dont know what to think about the hardware design....Its a solid 7 for me.

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
tyPJnKn.png

HeadsUp7Up

I think you summed it up perfectly. I was watching it about an hour behind so about 20 minutes in I found myself thinking, “why am I still watching this?” Started to fast forward through and found pretty much the rest of it to be “meh” until Horizon. The hardware reveal was pretty cool though. I’d give it an 8-9 for the digital only; disk version maybe a 5-6.

Xplainin

Banned
Glad they finally revealed the console, and outside of GT and Horizons I was disappointed.
I mean, there was a cat walking sim in there.
I was expecting far more first party blockbusters, but ended up with an indie show.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
It was better than Xbox, but still not great

RE VIII and Demon's Souls got the highlights, but that's pretty much it. Sony could do a less than 10 minute video showing those games and the console and could be a better direction of the video.

Bryank75

Banned
Your in trouble when GTAV opens your next gen showcase. 5/10 tops. This is yours to fuck up now MS.
After a nearly dry 7 years, do you still think they have any chance?

I mean this year PlayStation has 2 huge games on PS4 alone and Spider-man for PS5 launch....

What is there to look forward to on Series X? 343i failing at recapturing the past glory of Halo yet again?

GymWolf

Gold Member
it's a difficult event to rate, the graphical showcase was not that pronounced except for a few games, and even then maybe 2-3 were proper top tier next-gen and not only great looking crossgen.

but in terms of games, i liked what they showed, a lot of pumped up indie and AA games that i'm gonna enjoy a lot and some proper AAA new game and sequel like spiderman, R&C horizon, new square game and re8.

the design was sexy AF for my tastes, yeah a little cheesy but overall better than sex (the console :ROFLMAO: ).

i was expecting some long gameplay for spiderman and horizon tho, but i'm glad that they rushed spiderman for launch instead of horizon that doesn't even have a date in the trailer.

overall an honest 7\10 event, maybe an 8 if i add some personal bias because i love horizon brand and the trailer was neat even with almost zero gameplay in it.

edit: fuuuuuuuck how did i forget the remaster of demon's!?!?!? that shit was hype as fuck.

Last edited:

Great Hair

Banned
Design wise = terrible
game wise = barely any gameplay at all, nothing ngen that makes you wanna stop banging your wife ...

So much hype for a wet fart. Imagine this was the usual e3 show ... it would have been terrible. Sad part is, that MS shows was even worse ... seems that, they have thrown everything out of the window (UE4 tools, pcs) and thought lets start all over.

GT7 had popin ...
6/10

Not sure. None of those games I saw in that video looked any better than what is currently on ps4, graphically.

Yeah, that was one of the biggest disappointing things. The leap in graphics feels like it's barely there if at all. I could see some lighting here and there, but it wasn't really distinct enough for me to feel like I'm advancing a generation. And since the whole point is that they don't need to struggle with esoteric hardware to grab the full potential of the console, that makes for an even worse look. It feels like they're gonna struggle with selling this as "next-gen" much like the struggle with presenting VR has been.

I vote 5/10, though I guess due to Demon's Souls it could be 6/10, though after calming down and seeing that the artstyle and tone is a bit different, and thus being a bit unsure of the title, I guess 5/10 is the rating I'm feeling. Okay, though with few things that sold me on next gen, either in terms of graphics or in terms of features, latter which we really didn't get anything new on.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Gave it a 7. Feel like it did not fully deliver on next gen hype with some of the games and visuals. Some of the games felt like the padding games from a Nintendo Direct.

But the highs were so good. Demon’s first and foremost but the Horizon 2 and Spider Man 2 reveals were epic as well. Some of the other titles like Project Athia looked very impressive as well. I could really see playing some of the lesser games as well, like that game where you fight cyberpunk ghosts in Tokyo.

Console itself looks cool enough and I liked the fetishy controller and console reveal video. LOL at the use of blue balls

Last edited:

NahaNago

Do we have every trailer in pristine 4K? Based on twitch-stream ... nothing screams NGEN to me or "this can only be done with this SSD!"

There was no nut-crusher moment.

I've watched about 4 or 5 on PlayStation youtube channel and while it doesn't scream next gen it does scream an improvement over this gen. The SSD thing I have no idea we didn't get enough gameplay outside of ratchet and clank to show why it is necessary or had it explained to the regular person what they are doing differently with it. This show should have been show number 2 instead of the console and game reveal since barely any knowledge of the console and its capabilities was discussed

yurinka

Many top IPs going back, new IPs from top big teams and popular indies, showcased the box, had surprises... it has been awesome.

the_master

Starting with gta5 immediately set the bar lower than I could imagine.
Then some games looked ok, some looked totally current gen. There was no "wow" moment, there where no amazing games or surprises.

It was great that they showed
game after game non stop, but the games where a bit disappointing.

Ratchet seemed to show of something new but not grear either. Not some amazing next gen gameplay.

Mr.ODST

Give it a 6, some games looked great!

Ghostwire, Little Devil etc BUT only a few titles literally shown possible next gen

RE8, Horizon & Demons Souls

Bryank75

Banned
It was about a 3/10 until they released what it looked like, then 4-5/10 I guess.
So you don't like Demons Souls, GT7, R&C, Spider-man or Horizon or Housemarques new game? I would have thought most people would think that is an incredible lineup....

Darth

7, some amazing looking games brought down by some atrocious games. WTF was that Volcano crap and which executive thought it was a good idea to show that?

A solid 7 out of 10 imo...there were some bangers in there especially Ghostwire, but it was missing something...like truly hype announcements or something. Idk I was spoiled by the RE2Make and DMC5 conference perhaps

It was mediocre as fuck. I'll be waiting a long time before I pick this up if I pick it up. I think I'll just build a PC. I also hate the direction Sony is heading in with their woke nonsense and censoring games... fuck off!

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
Demon's Souls
Spider-Man
Ratchet and Clank
Horizon Zero Dawn
Resident Evil 8
New dark action RPG by SquareEnix (PS5 exclusive too)
Gran Turismo 7
Little Big Planet
Astrobot sequel

And that's just part of the list.

You have to try HARD to act like you weren't impressed. Sony freaking brought the games.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
7/10.

It was okay and you know the console power is there, but nothing shown made me want the console this holiday. I am picking it up later down the road.

HeadsUp7Up

Also, we got consoles launching this year, and no price or date? This was still technically their E3 reveal, and remember when E3 was when they announced dates and price? This holding it close to the chest to the last minute doesn't make it any easier if they are hoping to get me to open my wallet anytime soon.

Yeah with the global economy taking a dump you’d think they would get pricing out there so people can save up or plan. I’ve already decided I’m waiting until next year sometime on both systems.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
5/10.

Horizon 2 will be great, but they didn't show any gameplay. Same with Demon's Souls. RE8 looked decent but I still need to play RE7. I will keep my eye on Kena also.

Some good games, but for a next gen reveal nothing really screamed next gen to me.

Top Bottom