• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon: Yes, a new Marvel vs. Capcom game is in development. (X-Men gone, MCU focus)

Which Marvel character are you most looking forward to in MvC4?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

With no X-Men, there has to be a fucking story OR ELSE.

THERE BETTER BE BRANCHING PATHWAYS. I'm serious, CAPCOM. Do this or you're finished! CAPCOM = DONECOM

You're walking on thin ice, CHUMPCOM.
You do realize that this is Marvel's fault, right?

Mizerman

Here's my guesses on who could replace who...
  • Wolverine -> Black Panther
  • Rogue -> Captain Marvel
  • Super-Skrull -> Ms. Marvel
  • Magneto -> Ultron
  • Doctor Doom -> Loki
  • Storm -> Jane Foster Thor
  • Sentinel -> Groot
  • Deadpool -> Gwenpool
  • Cyclops -> Vision

One other thing, RICHARD RIDER BETTER BE THE DEFAULT NOVA (if he's in)!!!!!!!

You'll get Sam Alexander and be iffy about it!

Oh wow, so this is actually looking to be real. No Xmen is disappointing, but still, I'm glad this is maybe getting made. I also doubt it's console exclusive like SF5 was.

tribal24

Banned
The worst rumor out of all this that is going around is the 2v2 + 1 assist thing.

That's actually significantly worse than having no X Men. If there's a PC version you can probably just mod the X Men characters in if you care but 2v2 + 1 assist is a massive step back for the franchise.

i'd take 2 v 2 along as i can choose the assist character from the roster and a assist only roster.

Spinky

can't wait to play as everyone's favorite mcu villain!!

Same.

latest

Or can we just have the bird?

One potential benefit of this if we're not actually in the darkest timeline for X-Men fans is that there could be a backlash that could lead to a LOT of X-Men DLC characters. And a backlash is a given if what Polygon says is true.

This is assuming Capcom could survive such a backlash against one of their games after SFV, though. It'd be completely horrible if the one that killed them was the one that wasn't their fault.
Honestly I don't think the backlash from MvC fans would even matter since its MCU (unless for some reason they try to make it esports focused like SFV, or if people are alienated by the anime)

If the game is really lacking Doom, Wolverine, and other characters that helped define this franchise (a franchise rooted in fanservice and paying tribute to two beloved rosters of characters) then it'll be really hard to accept. Presumably it's still Marvel though and has all of the Capcom characters so idk. We'll see how it ends up

dankir

New thread, new hype!

Vision can easily replace Magneto! This is my dream list.

Marvel
Abomination
Ant-Man
Black Widow
Captain America
Carol Danvers
Cyclops
Deadpool / w Negasonic Teenage Warhead super
Doctor Doom
Daredevil
Doctor Strange
Hawkeye
Hulk
Iron Man in Mark 46
Iron Monger
Iron Fist
Loki
Luke Cage / w Jessica Jones team super
Magneto
Nova
Rocket Raccoon or
Star Lord / w entire Guardians team as support characters/ special moves
Sentinel
Scarlet Witch / w Quick Silver super
Spider-Man
Storm
Thor
Thanos
Ultron / Starts off Mark 1 and you need to build him up to Ultimate Ultron
Wolverine
Venom
Vision
Winter Soldier

Capcom
Albert Wesker
Akuma
Arthur
Asura
Captain Commando
Chun-Li
Claire Redfield / Leon / Chris
Dante
Frank West
Juri
M. Bison
Mega Man 1
Mega Man X
Mike Haggar
Morrigan
Nathan Spencer
Phoenix Wright
Necalli
Rashid
Ryu / W Shoto mode switch like MvC 1
Sigma
Strider
Tron Bonne
Urien
Viewtiful Joe
Vergil
Zero

Here's my guesses on who could replace who...
  • Wolverine -> Black Panther
  • Rogue -> Captain Marvel
  • Super-Skrull -> Ms. Marvel
  • Magneto -> Ultron
  • Doctor Doom -> Loki
  • Storm -> Jane Foster Thor
  • Sentinel -> Groot
  • Deadpool -> Gwenpool
  • Cyclops -> Vision

One other thing, RICHARD RIDER BETTER BE THE DEFAULT NOVA (if he's in)!!!!!!!

I'm not sure if a replacement Gambit (Moon Knight?) would make things better or worse.

I have no idea what Capcom will do with their roster. Hopefully more Mega Man characters. For Marvel, my best bet would be:
Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Hulk
Spider-Man
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Black Panther
Hawkeye
Black Widow
Vision
Star-Lord
Rocket Raccoon
Groot
Ghost Rider
Iron Fist
Luke Cage
Daredevil
Punisher
Quake
Winter Soldier
Loki
Ultron
Dormammu

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
To those wondering if its exclusive or not - when I FIRST heard about this (about 1.5 years ago or so), while it wasn't specified as Marvel 4, I was told Sony had signed a deal with Capcom for a new Vs. game, and this was after SFV had been announced. So yeah, take with a grain of salt, but I fully expect it to be exclusive.

If true this game will perform worse than SFV.

So dumb Capcom. So dumb.

The worst rumor out of all this that is going around is the 2v2 + 1 assist thing.

That's actually significantly worse than having no X Men. If there's a PC version you can probably just mod the X Men characters in if you care but 2v2 + 1 assist is a massive step back for the franchise.

I agree if we can get characters with playstyles like the character being removed I'll be good. I need my tri-dash. But 2v2 + 1 assist is a bigger worry for me I fell in love with the series with Marvel 2 and Marvel 3. So it would be a big disappointment.
Still will buy it tho

I look forward to seeing this game's launch failure.
Call me pessimistic, but hey...it's capcom.
I find it extremely hard to be optimistic about their titles...especially the fighters.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

What could be interesting is if the 3rd character is a power character that is only accessible via meter but is also significantly more powerful.

If it's an assist in the traditional sense... yeah, that sucks pretty hard.

Also, this is random, but the other day I though they could have a separate meter or a single-use resource per match that allowed zero HSD upon activation for a short period of time. This would allow combos to remain short normally, but when people want to do a flourish or maximize damage they could use this resource one time. It would create hype whether people execute or drop the times they use their zero HSD resource.

There's gotta be some out-of-left-field, unpopular Marvel character there, right? Like Shuma Gorath, Spiral, and Dormammu came out of nowhere. Who'll it be this time?

New thread, new hype!

Vision can easily replace Magneto! This is my dream list.

Marvel
Abomination
Ant-Man
Black Widow
Captain America
Carol Danvers
Cyclops
Deadpool / w Negasonic Teenage Warhead super
Doctor Doom
Daredevil
Doctor Strange
Hawkeye
Hulk
Iron Man in Mark 46
Iron Monger
Iron Fist
Loki
Luke Cage / w Jessica Jones team super
Magneto
Nova
Rocket Raccoon or
Star Lord / w entire Guardians team as support characters/ special moves
Sentinel
Scarlet Witch / w Quick Silver super
Spider-Man
Storm
Thor
Thanos
Ultron / Starts off Mark 1 and you need to build him up to Ultimate Ultron
Wolverine
Venom
Vision
Winter Soldier

Capcom
Albert Wesker
Akuma
Arthur
Asura
Captain Commando
Chun-Li
Claire Redfield / Leon / Chris
Dante
Frank West
Juri
M. Bison
Mega Man 1
Mega Man X
Mike Haggar
Morrigan
Nathan Spencer
Phoenix Wright
Necalli
Rashid
Ryu / W Shoto mode switch like MvC 1
Sigma
Strider
Tron Bonne
Urien
Viewtiful Joe
Vergil
Zero

Is the game going to ship with a magnifying glass so people can pick out who is who from the tiny ass portraits you'll need to squeeze all these people in

Prototype

I want Iron Man's airdash back the way it was from vanilla marvel 3
Iron man needs to be completely reworked.

Even mobile games like Future Fight get more about him right than the MvC games.
It's time for a change.

Get rid of proton Cannon, get rid of his terrible air movement, no more smart bombs, and no "excuse me"

Add in - more moves from the movies:
- shoulder misses / homing misses
- red laser
- more Melee moves like thruster punch, or thruster knee
- smaller projectiles from hands
- unibeam from chest
- much better air mobility / maneuverability

So many things they need to change about him.

R0ckman

This dude looks like a clown lmao

Think I'd even rather have the wack ass Inhumans over all these obscure Capcom characters from dead non-fighting franchises that people keep bringing up.

How old are some people on this forum? Holy crap what am I reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom