• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portable console screenshot thread (3DS/Vita) - Rules in OP

tkscz

zlCfzTETrMkEdssGNl

zlCfzTEUj1IpIc5bD5

zlCfzTEfIlscjSNRT7

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Hey guys, we all need to thank Aeana for moving us back to gaming side. Hopefully it breathes some new life into the thread. I may not post many of my own, but I check in here whenever I see new posts.

Thanks Aeana!

Prelude.

^ Considering that the home consoles thread was here it didn't make any sense having this in community.

Let's celebrate with some Moe Kebab.

2015-01-23-2156410zuu1.jpg

What does the red bar for characters in Oreshika represent?

Red = Stamina (Health, if it gets to 0 for Captain then the battle is lost, regular party members are out of commission for that battle)
Blue = Technique (for like spells and stuff)
Green = Vigor (Life Force? Well the character has a higher chance of permanently dying the lower it gets. Vigor is used for the powerful Secret Arts)

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Red = Stamina (Health, if it gets to 0 for Captain then the battle is lost, regular party members are out of commission for that battle)
Blue = Technique (for like spells and stuff)
Green = Vigor (Life Force? Well the character has a higher chance of permanently dying the lower it gets. Vigor is used for the powerful Secret Arts)

Interesting. I assumed the green bar was health, and the red bar was maybe a stamina meter that determined the strength of physical attacks.

I need to play Oreshika at some point.

Cha

I like seeing action shots. Not sure how easy it is to take screenshot’s on a 3DS, but on Vita I usually have to readjust my fingers (which sacrifices a few lives/health :p) to control characters and get good screenshot’s of the game in action.

tkscz

I like seeing action shots. Not sure how easy it is to take screenshot’s on a 3DS, but on Vita I usually have to readjust my fingers (which sacrifices a few lives/health :p) to control characters and get good screenshot’s of the game in action.

Depends on the game and which 3DS you have. With the XL w/o CPP and NXL, it's easier to reach the home button while in action scenes and take the shot.

melchior_

Yeah, you only need to hit the home button to take a screenshot on the 3DS. Still, it's a lot more of a hassle having to go through Miiverse and all.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
ibuQMDLS9RuUw1.JPG

iXVpzjT5ynFD4.JPG

Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit
iqeMgLEIeuqHS.jpg

Hideboh: Tap Dance Hero

Y4bFrCW.jpg

Lmr3Xnl.jpg

FjFoX08.jpg

Actually really enjoying this. The track list is insane - full on hardstyle, j-core and other high energy stuff I absolutely wouldn't have expected from a tap dancing game.

CrovaxPSO

What do you exactly do in this series? Is it just a VN or is there more to it?

It's mostly a VN with some route-picking traveling and stopping off at points of interest. Each night you can post a blog with some photos (the goal of the game is to win some sort of travelogue contest). It's a really relaxing game.

Aerocrane

Where is this from?

It's a loading screen from Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed. The loading screens have advertisements of real stores that are in Akihabara. The game's available for PSVita, PS3 and PS4.

How is the Sly Collection on Vita? Or Jak & Daxter and Ratchet & Clank for that matter? I've wanted to give them a shot, but I've heard discouraging things about their performance.

I've only played the first Ratchet & Clank game and first Jak & Daxter game on the Vita. Jax & Daxter doesn't perform well and I've heard that it's worse for the later games. Ratchet & Clank plays fine on the Vita and looks pretty good.

tkscz

this looks SOOOOO goood

I wish the 3DS made it simpler to take screenshots (not all games allow that right?)

Yep, the dev of the game chooses whether or not you can upload shots to the Miiverse (if the game even has a miiverse). MGS 3D has a Miiverse, however, Konami prevents screenshots (think the same goes for Capcom and Monster Hunter 4).

Top Bottom