• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible 3DS e-Shop line-up/features revealed

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I had no clue Mario was in the Alleyway games and that he was piloting the ship.

Rich!

Plinko said:
I had no clue Mario was in the Alleyway games and that he was piloting the ship.

GSightings_Alleyway_1.png

GSightings_Alleyway_2.png

Also, there was only one Alleyway game. The Arkanoid games have nothing to do with Nintendo.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
lunchwithyuzo said:
It'll be $5 for both GB & GBC, $8 for GBA. $8 for VB, if that happens too.

For 3rd party systems probably $5 for GG, $6 for TG16 & NGPC and $8 for WS/C.

Such optimism. $10 GBA title is what I'm betting on.

Rich!

In UK currency, I'm hoping for:

GB/GBC/Game Gear games: £2
NES Classics: £3
SNES Classics £5
GBA Games: £5

What we'll probably get:

GB/GBC/Game Gear games: £3
NES Classics: £5
SNES Classics £8
GBA Games: £8

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Kind of funny that the 3DS will get Yoshi's Island before the Wii.

My secret hope is that SGB borders will be supported, but I know that the chances are slim. Donkey Kong ('94) just won't be the same.

AceBandage said:
Awww, was hoping for a different game.
Still, it's nice to get free stuffs!

Well, it's good free advertising for Excitebike; Nintendo probably didn't want to give Zelda for free because they knew that everyone would buy it anyway.

The brief look at Excitebike in this video at 1:28 tells us so much about 3D Classics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX511jrwc48

Namely, that they are not simply hacked ROMs. The view is zoomed out, the jumps you go over are fully 3D and not static drawings, even small details have changed like the number of photographers in back. The whole screen is full of parallax layers.

These are complete remakes. They use the same pixel art and music, but the gameplay and display engines are completely different.

Rich!

Brandon F said:
Wait, Links Awakening DX WON'T support a 3D mode...

Meh.

Think about it though. How would it possibly benefit the game? It's all on a literally flat plane - it's not like Link to the Past where the dungeons and overworld are on various levels (and various BG layers). Link's Awakening is just flat 2D over one layer. They would have to literally re-design the game from scratch. Sure, they did that with Excitebike - but Link's Awakening would be a significantly larger task.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Brandon F said:
Wait, Links Awakening DX WON'T support a 3D mode...

Meh.

The Virtual Console on the 3DS are just ROM dumps for the most part, with some adjustments for the emulation.

The '3D Classics' are not just ROMs though, they're more like remakes. Take the new features in Excitebike for example, the track editor, the zooming of the camera with the slider, etc. I'd be extremely excited for a 3D Classic Link's Awakening, but thinking every ROM Nintendo can simply and easily convert to pair up with the 3D is idiotic.

Top Bottom