• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post pictures of your gaming setup - 2005 Edition

newsguy

DCharlie said:
:) my AE700 arrives... well, when i go and pick it up...

it seems everyone who has seen one loves it, so that's pretty good.

The Z1 is working as stand in at the moment, but will remain in the house hold for dual projector action on Halo nights.

But yes, the carnage is almost over, the room is almost done - i've been tiding for nearly 2 days...

The "Cupboard of death" is now tidy - the doors now work and you aren't in danger of being attacked by a box full of cables.

Speaking of Z1's

390f7eea.jpg

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
Here are a few pics of my bedroom as it also serves as my gaming room. Not pictured are my super nes and games and sega genesis/cd and games but that's only about 30 games. I know it doesn't look very clean but with work and all I didn't really have time to clean it up.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

By the way, I was thinking about buying a new TV, prefferably an HD one that supports 720p/1080i. Could anyone tell me of an average one that doesn't cost too much? I'm looking for both TVs and projectors so if I could get any of those for a low price it would be awesome!

And sorry for not rotating the pictures!

HokieJoe

evildede said:
Here are a few pics of my bedroom as it also serves as my gaming room. Not pictured are my super nes and games and sega genesis/cd and games but that's only about 30 games. I know it doesn't look very clean but with work and all I didn't really have time to clean it up.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

By the way, I was thinking about buying a new TV, prefferably an HD one that supports 720p/1080i. Could anyone tell me of an average one that doesn't cost too much? I'm looking for both TVs and projectors so if I could get any of those for a low price it would be awesome!

Your scope is rather wide, so I find it hard to offer specific recommendations. The first thing to set is a price range. How much can you spend?

bud

evildede said:

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

You could make alot of money as a photographer.

:lol

FacelessSamurai

Yeah I know the pics suck, but when I was taking them they looked fine on my cam. They are usually ok but I didn't feel like taking some more so I posted them as is.

AS for the TV I am looking for, I was thinking about either getting a projector or a 20 something inches HDTV that supports 720p/1080i. Maybe like 27 inches would be just right.

HokieJoe

evildede said:
Yeah I know the pics suck, but when I was taking them they looked fine on my cam. They are usually ok but I didn't feel like taking some more so I posted them as is.

AS for the TV I am looking for, I was thinking about either getting a projector or a 20 something inches HDTV that supports 720p/1080i. Maybe like 27 inches would be just right.

OK, but how much do you want to spend? There are lots of choices available, but we need a price point.

HokieJoe said:
OK, but how much do you want to spend? There are lots of choices available, but we need a price point.

I'm VERY interested in a good 27 inch HDTV, that'll fit in my game loft entertainment center. Can you help?

.hacked

Apharmd Battler said:
.hacked, did you follow the link I posted to my setup pics? You and I have VERY similar tastes in anime. ;)

We both have very good tastes :) You also must be very popular at your local Best Buy/ Suncost/ video store ;)

I need to work on my storage system, luckily a few of the new homes I am looking at have libraries.

FacelessSamurai

If possible I,d like to buy a new projector for under 2000$ canadian. Same goes for the TV though I've seen some for a lower price than that i think.

as for the screen to project on, is it better to paint it directly on the wall or buy a real screen?

atomsk

Party Pooper
finally got around to taking new pictures, even though the redesign is minimal...

fucked around with the brightness so you could actually see shit... heh

1.jpg

yes, there are stickers on my wavebird recievers, and yes they're from my 3 year old daughter...

2.jpg

3.jpg

box next to the computer was from freeipods.com :D

the DDR setup in the basement has fan's now, but i'm too lazy to go get a picture of them...

ddr.jpg

HAOHMARU

This is a pretty crappy set up of the stuff I have. I have my Sega Saturn and both of my Sega Dreamcasts stored away right now because I just moved.

I don't have all of that out at one time either...gotta find a better way to organize. Ultimately I want the spare bedroom in my apartment to be the game room where I can hang all of my gaming posters, display all my figures, shelves for all of my games and have a cabinet for all of my consoles. It isn't gonna fly with my girlfriend right now though. I guess once we get a house and I have more rooms.

This was taken right after Christmas...note my Charlie Brown Christmas tree and my dog Akuma's stocking. ^_^

consoles.jpg

teiresias

So I just cleaned my room, so I figured I'd post my pics, since I've never done it. Of course, my current setup is different from my old one since I just moved back in with my dad for about a year while I finish up my master's degree. (I've moved like 3 times in 3 years, ugh!)

Anyway, here's the main front pic (not a HDTV by the way :(, but I think I'll hold out and buy a projector before I buy a HDTV):

tv.jpg

Here's a closeup of my Onkyo receiver with my LOTR stuff and Vivi and my tarot cards and some books and a networking switch (the Onkyo is a few years old but it does have the basic "Movie" and "Music" DPL-II modes):

receiver.jpg

Here's my DVD rack with my PS2 games at the bottom (there are some PS1 games in the CD rack to the right, but I don't have a separate picture of that):

rack.jpg

Finally, my PC, and the desk is still somewhat of a mess. I can't wait to get rid of the corner desk, when I move again I'm going to get a big open flat table for a desk:

pc.jpg

teiresias said:
Here's a closeup of my Onkyo receiver with my LOTR stuff and Vivi and my tarot cards and some books and a networking switch (the Onkyo is a few years old but it does have the basic "Movie" and "Music" DPL-II modes)

Haha, omg, I have the exact same setup (I think).

I've got the Onkyo 595 receiver, the JBL N24 speakers, the Sony SA-WM40 sub... That setup was the thing back in the day! And by "back in the day", I mean like 2001-2002. But it does seem like a while ago in terms of electronics. I wouldn't upgrade until the new DVD formats come out, and the receivers support DTS ++ and and Dolby plus or whatever it is. Still a great sounding setup. I've thought about upgrading many different times, but I always come to the conclusion that it's not really worth the money, because it sounds so good already.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
my Z1 bulb just died - after 2 and a bit years faithful service.

The AE700 can't come quick enough.

ARSE.

trilobyte

Since for some reason I'm not allowed to create a new thread, just like to mention my gaming-setup is going to change within the next week

I've been holding off of Resident Evil 4 for a month so I can get myself a better setup

I got myself an "entry-level" projector ($1100 cough) - The Optoma H31. I'm going to wait on the screen cause I'll be moving out in a couple of months. Hopefully the off-white wall will do.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/optoma_h31.htm

Gotta totally rearrange my room though. But unless my trig is off, hopefully I'll be able to pull of 76" diagonal 16:9 @ eye level in my room.

It comes in Wed, so I'll be posting pics soon when I get everything together (prolly till tuesday).

I can't wait to see Resident Evil 4, F-Zero GX, and Doom 3 (PC) on that baby :D

newsguy

DCharlie said:
my Z1 bulb just died - after 2 and a bit years faithful service.

The AE700 can't come quick enough.

ARSE.

I'm so sorry to hear that. How many hours did you have on it? I think I'm like at 600. Have fun with the Panny, I hear it's a hell of a PJ.

Tarazet

I can't find the thumbnail anymore, so click:

http://img130.exs.cx/img130/4234/img04378ku.jpg

Not visible is the RTV VEG that lets me play my console on my monitor. There is now a PS2 where the 'Cube once was, BTW, the Cube is temporarily in my brother's room while I play GT4.

Unfortunately the monitor isn't capable of 480i or 1080i, so I may be selling it on Amazon and getting a newer model (mine was discontinued).

Go Go Ackman! said:
mother of god, what's with all the fishbowls? it's 2005 god dammit, skip buying 10 b-class games and contemporise!

Lame.

Most flat screens that you can buy under $1000 don't have true flat screens anyway. They're just a flat piece of glass in front of a curved tube. Check it out.

MetalAlien

Banned
Jesus this forum is a nightmare for dail up!

Photo of my set up..

57" HDTV
Hitachi ED LCD video projector..the screen pulls down in front of the TV
6.1 surround with 250watt sub
PS2/PS1 - monster component
Sega Dreamcast S-video
Jaguar/Sega Genny composite video

2 DVD changers stacked... one 200 disc, and one 400 disc. All that sitting on a plastic milk crate...LOL

EDIT: found a better picture.. you can see my crappy computer!
crap.JPG

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I've always loved that shelf too. But I don't want it in white. If I could paint it I would have two on my walls right now.

BuddyC

marchsetup.jpg

marchgames.jpg

There's a bunch packed up in the closet yet (Steel Battalion, FFXI, Sega Genesis/CD/32X, SNES, PlayStations, etc.), but you get the idea.

I remember saying this a long time ago, but seriously, +1000 for the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man. I still have mine too, but you've inspired me to move him onto the TV.

gstaff said:
How do I actually show the image on the page?

Normally with [ img] tags, but you need a direct link to the image to make it work. Dunno how you would do that through 1up.

Is that a digital cable receiver on top of the center channel? o_O

gstaff

yeah, its the HDTV receiver (with ghettofied menus). Do you think it matter that I have it up there, it fits fine and the speakers are mag. shielded.

gstaff said:
yeah, its the HDTV receiver (with ghettofied menus). Do you think it matter that I have it up there, it fits fine and the speakers are mag. shielded.

Probably not, as generally the TV is most sensitive to the speakers, and the center channel is no doubt not affecting that. Any concern I have would be limited to shape (is it balanced properly up there) and heat (if the receiver gets hot, I'm not sure the center channel is the best place to set it). Otherwise, it's just an unusual placement position.

Pretty good ghetto-level setup otherwise. :)

Top Bottom