• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post pictures of your gaming setup - 2005 Edition

HokieJoe

sonarrat said:
I can't find the thumbnail anymore, so click:

http://img130.exs.cx/img130/4234/img04378ku.jpg

Not visible is the RTV VEG that lets me play my console on my monitor. There is now a PS2 where the 'Cube once was, BTW, the Cube is temporarily in my brother's room while I play GT4.

Unfortunately the monitor isn't capable of 480i or 1080i, so I may be selling it on Amazon and getting a newer model (mine was discontinued).

Kudos on the Paris-Roubaix poster!

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
setup.JPG

My wife won't let me keep my shit upfront no more. So things like Donkey Konga bongos and DDR mats are in the closet

Soul4ger

Agent Icebeezy said:
setup.JPG

My wife won't let me keep my shit upfront no more. So things like Donkey Konga bongos and DDR mats are in the closet

Heh heh, sweet married life. Is she your mom or your wife? Or both..?

.hacked

Agent Icebeezy said:
Ibuypower desktop
ibp.JPG

How do you like you Ibuypower rig?

I ordered 2 systems from them 1 desktop and 1 laptop.

The Desktop arrived pretty quick (like a week or so) but after 2 weeks of non stop calls they finally sent out my laptop today. Bit disappointed with their customer service, I was told the laptop would ship out in 3 days it ended up taking 33. Seems like they only got their asses in gear when I threatened to cancel my order.

Anyway here are a few close up pics of my PC, I'll takes some shots of my laptop when it shows up after today.

pc012pg.jpg
pc023fp.jpg

pc033ti.jpg

Flash was to bright, can't see all the cool blue neon lights :D

Bitch blows out hair air like a hairdryer, those dual 6800 ultras are working hard :lol

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I got it two years ago

Athlon 2400+
1GB of Ram
80GB
ATI Raedon All-in-Wonder 9700 Pro 128 with the TV shit.

I like it a lot. Once I got my laptop, my wife took the desktop.

The thing about these PC people, you seemingly need to stay on their asses about your stuff. It is a pain in the ass, honestly. Ibuypower was decent, Alienware is a bitch at time, they gave the round around. Not just that, 50% of the people speak with a heavy accent. EVERYBODY that picks the phone is of Latin descent, that is no lie. I put the number in my cell and called like crazy. To be an ass though, but I couldn't understand half the people there. The ones I could, they knew their shit. I met the most acknowledgable tech rep there. All my years of calling Intel, Microsoft, Linksys, Best Buy, this one guy was the shit. Makes me wonder why he was just in tech support. Dude was amazing

DCharlie

Banned
everything is changing, but it's not finished yet....

Games room #2 is getting a face lift
and
Games room #4 is getting some more hardware

Screen.jpg

Kato

Tabris said:
Here's an updated picture of part of my bookcase after I "ds'd" all my GBA cases.

bookcase5.jpg

Uhm st00pid question alert:

How did you "DS" you gba games. Did you cut up the original GBA boxes and where did you get those DS cases? Or am i missing something? Because that's one awesome idea :)
I did the same with most of my SNES games in rentalboxes i got cheap many years ago..

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Agent Icebeezy said:
Alienware is a bitch at time, they gave the round around. Not just that, 50% of the people speak with a heavy accent. EVERYBODY that picks the phone is of Latin descent, that is no lie. I put the number in my cell and called like crazy. To be an ass though, but I couldn't understand half the people there. The ones I could, they knew their shit. I met the most acknowledgable tech rep there. All my years of calling Intel, Microsoft, Linksys, Best Buy, this one guy was the shit. Makes me wonder why he was just in tech support. Dude was amazing

:lol Yeah, I had no trouble understanding the tech support people for the most part, but every once in a while, I'd have to keep asking them to repeat themselves. Kind of embarassing.

I got my AW laptop last year and have been loving it though, and every time I've had a problem, save for one incident, they have been able to help me with no problems. The problem I did have that they were zero help on involved their own "Alien Adrennilen" overclocking program. One day I had a crash, the program wouldn't load up anymore, so I unknowingly redownloaded it from a different source. After that it would never load up again despite getting the proper version back from Alienware. I didn't really care since I never used the program anyway.

Speaking of which, it's time to get a new graphics card. When the hell are they going to carry Ati Mobile Radeon 9800 cards?!

All seperate units in central unit. Those two boxes, either side of the central thing, one of them next to the sub have my games, pads, bongos etc in:

mariobrosontv.jpg

Cube on top:

cube.jpg

In preperation for:

zeldaontv.jpg

Xbox is below cube:

xboxpad2.jpg

xbox.jpg

xboxpad1.jpg

PS2 is elsewhere in the house. For Live (which I'm banned for thanks to them sussing out my modded xbox) and for the Phantasy Star Online on cube... I have my belkin wifi bridge on top of the unit near the central speaker:

centerspeaker.jpg

A pic I set up for the thread asking for just some of the reasons you love Nintendo:

nintendo.jpg

Here's the other bits n' bobs:

otherunits.jpg

That's it for now! :)

sscrew

picture1pc15dy.jpg

picture2pc27lm.jpg

picture3consoles9dm.jpg

picture4dvds4vg.jpg

picture5futon9wz.jpg

My bedroom is pretty small and im limited on space... im getting a projector when i move out and hopefully going to have more space for my Z-680's, they're very lethal in such a small area :D

Damn! A lot of people have an ass-load of CD-R DVD-R's....>_> I wonder why...=p

My Set up is lame.

VVega, xbox, gc, ps2.

8 or so games for each

not even "taking picture worthy"

Prince

taken with my cellphone. really need a new tv when i see most pics in this topic :) and i already got space for a next gen console.
4h2ghu

4h2i53

luxsol

sscrew said:
picture2pc27lm.jpg

My bedroom is pretty small and im limited on space... im getting a projector when i move out and hopefully going to have more space for my Z-680's, they're very lethal in such a small area :D
Geez, isn't that uncomfortable to not being able to have your legs in front of you while typing and using the mouse? Or do you sit away with your arms reaching? Either way... ow.

john tv

Tabris said:
Here's an updated picture of part of my bookcase after I "ds'd" all my GBA cases.

bookcase5.jpg

OMG that is so totally the most awesome idea in the history of the universe. How much do those cases cost? I'm definitely doing this for my collection ASAP.

sscrew

robertsan21 said:
REZ_5617b83a-9cba-4718-8a77-c09236239b29.jpg

the latest stuff for my gaming room 3 psp +3 copies of RR and 3 copies of Wipeout pure
3x PSP's, 3 of both of those games, yet your using a 3310 mobile still? :lol

j/k, if your like me its a last resort... i ruined my good phones through temper at girlfriends lol.

sscrew said:
3x PSP's, 3 of both of those games, yet your using a 3310 mobile still? :lol

j/k, if your like me its a last resort... i ruined my good phones through temper at girlfriends lol.

i use that mobile for my swedish nr. for my other sim card i use a razrV3

Tabris

john tv said:
OMG that is so totally the most awesome idea in the history of the universe. How much do those cases cost? I'm definitely doing this for my collection ASAP.

It cost me 20ish (inc shipping) bucks for all the cases and probabaly 20 in ink and paper.

It's a bit time consuming, but it's really great cause you can throw the cases into your bag without having to worry about them getting ruined. Plus they look great.

In the process of creating a game room (Progress is slow!), so haven't exactly got a room to show as such - But, I do have pics of my collection HERE if anyone is interested...

Too much info to post again, so i'll just link to my thread at DCH instead. :)

.hacked

Here are some pics from last week:

media013dt.jpg

media028ax.jpg

redoing upstairs today (adding a new DVD cabinet) I'll take pics later).

Zeo

Banned
I'm currently reorganizing my little setup, so I'll post some pictures once I'm done. But for now..

Tabris said:

bookcase5.jpg

I seriously love that. I've been wanting to "DS" my GBA games ever since I found that site. My printer doesn't work though. :\

And hey, is that a full size GBA Player CD case? Do tell.

Tabris said:
http://www.deusnetwork.com/images/misc/gamesetup/bookcase3.jpg

... And I officially love you. A fellow Joss fan. <3

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Finally got around to take a picture of my whole mess, missing the debug xbox.

Edit: Also missing at the bottom are the (dying) AV Receiver, the green Xbox and the PStwo.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
What is that Ninja Gaiden thing in the upper lefthand corner?

How about the XBox thing in the lower righthand corner? Some kind of DVD case?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Minotauro said:
What is that Ninja Gaiden thing in the upper lefthand corner?

How about the XBox thing in the lower righthand corner? Some kind of DVD case?
Ninja Gaiden: It's the Asia Special Edition, with an awesome rubber shuriken and some postcards. At least the package looks cool.
The Xbox thing was given to all closed Xbox Live beta testers (about 100 in Europe), it contains a Headset and a limited edition orange memory card you can see in the picture too I think. Kinda nice looking and it hides the mess :p

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Blimblim said:
Ninja Gaiden: It's the Asia Special Edition, with an awesome rubber shuriken and some postcards. At least the package looks cool.
The Xbox thing was given to all closed Xbox Live beta testers (about 100 in Europe), it contains a Headset and a limited edition orange memory card you can see in the picture too I think. Kinda nice looking and it hides the mess :p

Cool stuff, thanks for the info.

I'm planning on taking new pictures somewhat soon. I completely rearranged my living room and everything looks much nicer. Plus, my brand new crystal XBox looks mighty nice sitting beneath my TV.

Tabris said:
UPDATE!: Here's an updated view of my games after I "ds'd" all of my gba cases.
bookcase5.jpg

What did you do to DS your GBA boxes? Where did you get blank DS cases and did you just scan and print the inserts? (from the very first post)

Blimblim said:

You got the orange memory card?! That was one of the reasons I signed up for the XBL beta in Canada... but not only did I NOT get an orange memory card, I got NO memory card at all. In fact, the only thing I did get was a demo of "Whacked!" and a $180 bill....

Top Bottom