• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post pictures of your gaming setup - 2005 Edition

Chittagong

Gold Member
I rearranged my living room today to allow better viewing and gaming angle and better surround acoustic - earlier, my TV was placed in the corner and the surround speakers were a bit asymmetrical.

Now my livingroom is ready for the HD era. Cube is gone, as is PS2 - they'll go to my bedroom once the courtesy HDTV from Microsoft arrives - if ever.

Xbox is currently the console of choice, although hidden in the white closets on the right hand side because it's too ugly to be seen. Xbox 360 will have the same fate, luckily wireless controllers this time, though.

PS3 is the only one that is allowed to be seen. Shiny white is what i'm hoping for, but shiny black will do, too.

chlivingroom052lj.jpg

Teflon

My LCD projector rocks.
LOTR: ROTK
image4.jpg

Some NCAA 2006 xbox shots:
image6.jpg

image7.jpg

Note these pics are brighter in real life. My camera doesn't have a low enough shutter speed to get grab the light.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Chittagong said:

^^^ a MASSIVE improvement

Didn't I bitch about your arrangement a few pages back? Either way, I will bitch no longer...it is now possible for people to sit directly in front of your TV. Bravo!

Chittagong

Gold Member
Minotauro said:
^^^ a MASSIVE improvement

Didn't I bitch about your arrangement a few pages back? Either way, I will bitch no longer...it is now possible for people to sit directly in front of your TV. Bravo!

Thanks! The experience is indeed improved dramatically. I'm kicking myself for not doing it earlier now that I've experienced the difference, and it was only a couple of hours to rewire everything, needed 7 m of optical cable for Xbox. It's pretty tough to hide all the cables.

It's incredible how much surround sound improved with better speaker placement. Also, no more cramped neck after hours of gameplay.

Also, having the screen against a clean, white surface gives a lot more focus to the image itself, instead of surroundings.

As an added bonus, I have now the table just in front of me for legs, beer and possibly a wireless keyboard in the future for Battlefield 2.

Pachinko

I discovered something myself last night, DO NOT TURN UP THE REAR SPEAKERS. I've had mine a little higher in volume for ages now and last night while watching team america one of my friends noticed it sounded a little buggered up, upon turning up the center channel a bit and turning down the rear left and right I discoverd the movie sounded far better...

My room is messier then it was when those pics were taken a couple months back and right now my PC is running 10 degrees hotter then normal... stupid warm weather

I don't see how some of you fuckers can sit "feet" back from the TV while gaming.

The distance from my face to my TV can only ever be measured in inches. A foot and change at the absolute outset.

Chittagong, can you actually play Halo 2 from a zip code away? Fuck the wireless keyboard for BF2, how will you be able to read what's being said?!

Animal

Banned
Common everybody, lets keep this thread alive.
I need more pics to dream about the day i can have my own gaming rig instead of taking my ps2 in and out of the closet and hiding all my games in a box.

ArcadeStickMonk said:
I don't see how some of you fuckers can sit "feet" back from the TV while gaming.

The distance from my face to my TV can only ever be measured in inches. A foot and change at the absolute outset.
Maybe because some of us aren't blind :lol

BTW, I sit atleast 12' away from my 53" WS HDTV

suikodan

I just painted the floor (and a wall) in my basement, now everything feel way much cleaner than before! (The floor was spawning cement dust, it was awful).

coll14082005020mj.jpg

I am currently selling stuff to get a new TV, most likely a plasma/LCD.

This is before, yuck.
colla2.jpg

coll14082005012mu.jpg

My PC

This is before, God bless cement paint.
colla3.jpg

This is what it looked like when GT4 came out.

Yeah, you can laugh at the DFP setup. I made this last week for my wheel. Much better.

quin

Here is my setup. I just moved so its pretty disorginized at the moment.

This is my temp screen, with my speakers and receiver.

here is the frame for the screen which I am making myself

projector game systems and lots and lots of wire. the old fireplace i am turing into an entertainment center

some games and accessories

computer

a screen from DoA:XBV its hard to take a picture of a screen

a pic of some show on pbs in HD

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
set12cj.jpg

set21ry.jpg

set36io.jpg

My "it'll do for now" setup. At least until I move out of this tiny apartment. And I don't even own any games right now. Half were sold in anticipation of next-gen, half were brought over to my girlfriend's house.

jluedtke

Old pictures, but they're all I've got... There's a new couch in the room now. Cube, PS2, and Xbox are under the screen, along with rotating "retro" consoles.

Projector and Screen.

johnsroom1.jpg

And what goes down best with video games?

johnsroom2.jpg

My general setup. Included is the Sega Saturn LE Skeleton, my Yamaha 6.1 system, Samsung 27" HDTV 1080i, and a cheap Panasonic DVD player.

My video game collection up closer. The dark cases at the shelf on the right are my DS'd cases. No covers yet as I haven't had time to do them.

An up close and personal view of the only system I have. I have a Cube but its boxed up for the moment. Its going to get traded in for a DS probably this weekend so its in the box for now.

My small but enjoyable DVD collection. Not pictured is Simpsons S5 and S6 but S6 is pictured with the general setup picture.

tetsuoxb

Here is my setup... which I just finished today.

Turntable setup which I screw around with sampling in games over tracks etc. You can see one of my speakers on my small HT setup.

CIMG0418.jpg

This is a view of my living room, including the new TV, a 1080p 45" Sharp LC-45GD1.

CIMG0419.jpg

This is my small coffee table... Right now there are only controllers in there, but that might change depending on my mood.

CIMG0420.jpg

Sorry for the side view, but inside that bookshelf is my gaming and DVD collection. Primarily in the two big CD wallets because carting Keep Cases from the states would have sucked.

CIMG0421.jpg

Here is the TV stand and my AV equipment:

Included: Panasonic HD cable receiver, Denon AVC-M330 receiver, Sharp LC-45GD1 AVC video controller, Japanese Saturn, Panzer Dragoon Japanese Xbox, Avox 100S Divx Region Free DVD player, JPN PS2 BB pack, US PS2, US Xbox. A dreamcast is stashed behind there, along with a cable modem and wireless router.

CIMG0422.jpg

Finally, this is the second of 3 TVs in the two rooms. This is my work PS2 station. Any game I want to leave running or that I want to take notes on, etc., I usually do here. Basically it is for playing games for work research, on a TV that wont get my girlfriend yelling at me for using the Sharp too long. There is a third TV in that room that we use to watch TV/DVDs at nice. A small 24" Mitsubishi Flat CRT. No games hooked up to it.

CIMG0424.jpg

.hacked

tetsuoxb where did you get that white PS2 wireless controller? I would like to get one for my white mini PS2.

COCKLES

being watched
ArcadeStickMonk said:

Chittagong, can you actually play Halo 2 from a zip code away? Fuck the wireless keyboard for BF2, how will you be able to read what's being said?!

I'm always thinking the same thing when I go through these threads. Perhaps when watching a movie, but when playing a game, time to break out the gaming beanbag - I always sit about 2-3 feet at most. No the other side of the universe.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
COCKLES said:
I'm always thinking the same thing when I go through these threads. Perhaps when watching a movie, but when playing a game, time to break out the gaming beanbag - I always sit about 2-3 feet at most. No the other side of the universe.

interesting...

My TV is on the wall, above the fireplace. Sitting on my couch for TV etc its fine. But if I sat any closer I'd get a crick.

I've considered getting a larger set mostly for gaming, but maybe I just need to try sitting closer :p

eso76

Blimblim said:
Finally got around to take a picture of my whole mess, missing the debug xbox.

Edit: Also missing at the bottom are the (dying) AV Receiver, the green Xbox and the PStwo.

Blim, that's a Sagem DLP right ? 45" ?
would you recommend one for gaming, 2100€ (shipped) ?

.hacked

tetsuoxb said:
Trade it to you for a launch x360 rich boy. :)

It is just a normal Logitech Cordless Action controller. I am not sure if they sell white in the US, but it is easy to get here in Japan.

If you can't track one down, PM me.

Edit: Here is a lik-sang link. http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?products_id=5261

Thanks, it is only available in black here in the states, that white one would look nice and purrdy with my white PStwo :D

fatty

You can click the links to get a bigger picture.

On a side note, I was also pretty stoked with how I came upon the audio racks beside the TV. At first I wanted an Home Entertainment Wall like this one but decided against because it would be a pain to get back there an fix any cords. It would also take forever to save up for it. Well, at FatWallet there was a thread about those shelves being on clearance at Best Buy, from $355 (I wonder who in there right mind would pay that much for them) to $44.99. There were two left at one location and when the manager saw that the boxes were bent up pretty bad, he gave me $20 off of each one assuring me that the contents should still be fine. He gave me the discount having no idea that they were on clearance. Got both for around $53, after taxes. Woo hoo!

Yes, I am a big Jayhawk and Chiefs fan. :D

.hacked

tetsuoxb said:
You like that Uniden Bluetooth phone?

Can it be used as a headset for Skype?

I like it just for the fact I can put the wireless pods in places around the house with no phone jacks (like the 2 upstairs bedrooms) and that it is almost identical to my old cell phone so it was extremely user-friendly. I also thought I'd play around with the Bluetooth stuff more than I have.

I don't know if it can use with Skype, I don't use it and the documentation with the phone is sparse at best. Sorry.

Midas

tetsuoxb said:
Here is my setup... which I just finished today.

Turntable setup which I screw around with sampling in games over tracks etc. You can see one of my speakers on my small HT setup.

Nice, 1200's. :) What mixer do you use?

tetsuoxb

Midas said:
Nice, 1200's. :) What mixer do you use?

DJ Setup:

2 SL-1200MK5G Direct Drive Turntables
2 Shure Whitelabel Cartridges
Pioneer DJM-600 Mixer
Pioneer HDJ-1000 Headphones
Edirol MD-10 Monitor Speakers
Vestax DJ Booth Table

I can't play up close because my eyes get really worn out from doing so. I can't play games in the dark either. It has to be extremely well lit.

SnowWolf said:
Well, some of us aren't blind. May I suggest glasses or contacts?
I wear glasses. Thick motherfuckers too, but that isn't the issue.

When I'm playing a game, I need to be right there for full concentration. Maybe I could play just as well from farther back, perhaps a friend's couch, and I sometime do. However I'm simply not comfortable unless I'm as close to the TV as is feasible, and leaning towards the screen.

Playing from a couch across the room quite plainly feels alien to me.
I don't think this is strange. In our earlier days, didn't we all sit cross-legged on the floor, perhaps with our NES on the carpet, tethered to the TV by a mere few feet?

Jason

Hot sex. It's my first lcd monitor so I can't really compare it with other ones but it suits me just fine. It gives the impression that it has a glass like surface which is really slick. Ghosting isn't too bad and you need to tweak the settings to get it to your liking.

thomaser

anleggv.jpg

I just got a great surround-system. Only had it for a few days, absolutely love it! A Harman/Kardon AVR 435 receiver, a pair of Audiovector Mi3 Super speakers in front, and Audiovector Mi1 Super in the back. I haven't got the cables I ordered yet, so I use a bunch of borrowed ones in the meantime, if anyone's wondering why the floor is full of cabling.

anleggh.jpg

Here you can see the gaming-part. NES, SNES, N64 and GC :D

nattbord.jpg

My bedroom, with another GC hidden inside the wooden contraption. Connected to the one in the livingroom, of course, for those rare bouts of Mario Kart LAN.

AB 101

Banned
thomaser said:
anleggv.jpg

I just got a great surround-system. Only had it for a few days, absolutely love it! A Harman/Kardon AVR 435 receiver, a pair of Audiovector Mi3 Super speakers in front, and Audiovector Mi1 Super in the back. I haven't got the cables I ordered yet, so I use a bunch of borrowed ones in the meantime, if anyone's wondering why the floor is full of cabling.

anleggh.jpg

Here you can see the gaming-part. NES, SNES, N64 and GC :D

nattbord.jpg

My bedroom, with another GC hidden inside the wooden contraption. Connected to the one in the livingroom, of course, for those rare bouts of Mario Kart LAN.

Nice setup. What do those Audiovectors run price wise. Not sure I have heard of them?

thomaser

Around $3200 for the ones in front, and half that for the ones in the back, but this is in a country with a 25% tax on everything. I got a nice discount on these since they've been test-speakers in a store, so I didn't pay quite that much, thankfully. They're REALLY good, though, so the price would have been justifiable anyway. They're made in Denmark, and probably hard to find if you're not in Europe.

Top Bottom