• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post pictures of your gaming setup - 2005 Edition

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Here's my setup for this summer. I have like 20 games for the consoles but they're at the parents house. So I can't take of shot of them like they are tropies or something.

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

The console setup is a bit weak, but I think it's more than enough for college. I'm not going to go wasting money on some bitchin speakers and an HDTV. I've already wasted enough money on my PC.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Running low on space, so here's a small pic of my current setup. Certainly far from everything, of course, but that's pretty much my central entertainment hub. The only system that is obscured from view is the Saturn, which sits right next to the DC down there.

DSC007031.JPG

Tony HoTT

Banned
Dark10x, I like your set up because everything is close by. But what kinda chair do you rock, and how do you accomodate 2 players?

gstaff

dark10x said:
Running low on space, so here's a small pic of my current setup. Certainly far from everything, of course, but that's pretty much my central entertainment hub. The only system that is obscured from view is the Saturn, which sits right next to the DC down there.

DSC007031.JPG

Thats very nice looking. Very clean

Animal

Banned
I love this thread to death, i check it mayby every hour or so cauz i am so fascinated about peoples gaming/home theatre setups. And so far alot of you are pretty strong with all 3 main consoles and sometimes more. And man those insane libraries are unbelievable!

Korranator

Tabris said:
Well I was borrowing a digital camera from a friend so I thought I may as well take pictures of my gaming setup. Also since the last thread has a bunch of red X's, I thought we should start a 2005 edition.

Here's my TV, a Toshiba 34" HDTV
tv.jpg

Here's my consoles and components. DVD, PS2, Gamecube and SNES (2nd version)
components.jpg

Here's a picture of everything including my cable box and a/v receiver.
audio.jpg

Here's my TV with my game/dvd bookcase closed.
bookcase4.jpg

Here's my bookcase opened.
bookcase0.jpg

Here's closer pics of my dvds and games. Not included are my SNES games which are packed away, I'll post pictures of those once they're unpacked.
bookcase1.jpg

bookcase2.jpg

bookcase3.jpg

Here's a general view of my living room, it's pretty small cause I'm downtown.
view.jpg

UPDATE!: Here's an updated view of my games after I "ds'd" all of my gba cases.
bookcase5.jpg

Where'd you get the bookcase at?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
For those with speaker stands for your surround sound PC speakers; where is a good place to pick some up? I'm looking for some for my logitechs, but would like to avoid paying an arm and a leg. ^^;

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
I got my speaker stands as a gift. My parents ordered directly from Klipsch. Word had it on Klipsch's forums that Walmart sells the identical set for like half the price.

However, you'd have to look up the logitech set and see.

I also don't mean to derail this thread, but I am looking for some good 5.1 speaker setup and have decided to get my receivers and speakers seperately. So, can anyone give me advice on what would be a good receiver and speakers? Also, is there anything in particular to look for to make sure they're compatible?

shpankey

not an idiot
damn, some of you need to clean ;)

i have some older pics, but will wait till my Fuji E550 camera gets back from repairs (argh, just got it a few weeks back and already it's broken itself -while sitting on a fucking counter, somehow)

I see you DS'd your GBA cases on the bottom, but where did you get the silvery/blue logo? I only saw the black one on Snackbar.

Made it myself, along with all the covers (that's why some of them don't have the official logos). I didn't know until this thread that anyone else had done it, much less professionally. I did that back in January, as soon as I saw that Nintendo put the cases on sale.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
teh_pwn said:
Here's my setup for this summer. I have like 20 games for the consoles but they're at the parents house. So I can't take of shot of them like they are tropies or something.

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

The console setup is a bit weak, but I think it's more than enough for college. I'm not going to go wasting money on some bitchin speakers and an HDTV. I've already wasted enough money on my PC.

Where do you go to college, that looks almost exactly like the apartment furniture at my former school?

Zeo

Banned
Leondexter said:
Made it myself, along with all the covers (that's why some of them don't have the official logos). I didn't know until this thread that anyone else had done it, much less professionally. I did that back in January, as soon as I saw that Nintendo put the cases on sale.

Ah, very cool. Yeah this site started a project of putting up scans of GBA boxes so that you can make covers for the DS cases for the GBA games. They also found some way to put old GB games in the cases too so there's scans up there as well.

And as I put in another thread last night, they're doing N64 scans now too, because there are now cases you can buy that hold N64, SNES, and Genesis games (including the EA Genesis games). So that means SNES and Genesis will come soon too.

Zotty: Did you redo all the labels for your PS2/GC games?

scaffa

Zeo said:
Ah, very cool. Yeah this site started a project of putting up scans of GBA boxes so that you can make covers for the DS cases for the GBA games. They also found some way to put old GB games in the cases too so there's scans up there as well.

And as I put in another thread last night, they're doing N64 scans now too, because there are now cases you can buy that hold N64, SNES, and Genesis games (including the EA Genesis games). So that means SNES and Genesis will come soon too.

Zotty: Did you redo all the labels for your PS2/GC games?

Nope I didnt. The labels are different in europe. Here they are on the left side instead of the right side, kinda odd and i have no idea why they do that. I only got one import and that is Animal Crossing, 2nd row 2nd game.

Zeo

Banned
Zotty said:
Nope I didnt. The labels are different in europe. Here they are on the left side instead of the right side, kinda odd and i have no idea why they do that. I only got one import and that is Animal Crossing, 2nd row 2nd game.

Oh, dur. I was thinking you were in America. Are the greatest hits PS2 games the silver ones? That looks cool, we get the ugly as sin red ones.

scaffa

Zeo said:
Oh, dur. I was thinking you were in America. Are the greatest hits PS2 games the silver ones? That looks cool, we get the ugly as sin red ones.

Yup those are the greatest hits called Platinum. I hate the Platinum stuff, ruins the boxart :)

pic_06.jpg

Koshiba

Wow, I'm so envious of you all. :lol I don't have much of a gaming setup but eh.. I'll post some pics anyways. Some of the stuff is mine, and some is what my bf is keeping over here for now. :)

Not the best pictures, seeing as how they were taken on my phone camera but the best I can do for now. :) Most of the stuff in my room is anime really. :lol I don't have *everything* out right now like my SNES, etc. But I don't play those as much since I use TV-out and roms for the games I have on that. :) Easier than having *another* system out. Already have a PS2, Sega Genesis, Xbox, Gamecube and dreamcast out. And my room is rather small.

Tony HoTT said:
Dark10x, I like your set up because everything is close by. But what kinda chair do you rock, and how do you accomodate 2 players?
I'll field this one.

He's got this nice looking meshy office chair on which the arms have absolutely had the shit torn out of them, and are now fully covered in awesome duct tape.

When I stop by, I immedietely try and lay claim to this tape laden furniture because if I'm slow, he's going to carefully wheel this other cracked leather piece of shit out of the closet. And I stress "carefully" because anytime you shift your weight on that bastard, one of the wheels falls off.

For 2 player gaming, I always sit right in front of the TV, while Dark tries to sit to the left at as extreme an angle as possible and still see the screen.

The game gets intense, so I scoot closer and knock a chair wheel off, while he leans farther back until he's got a shoulder out the door.

Also, his pic omitted my favorite feature of that room: The clown light switch where the switch is the clown's penis.

i have to get better shots, but this will do for now :)

this is my Samsung HLP4663W 46" DLP HDTV:

and the PS2 & XBox i barely use anymore:

BTW, I'm new in this forum ( or rather I forgot the email address i used to join this forum and forgot my pass for over a year >.>), so Hi Everyone! :D

Andy787

Banned
ArcadeStickMonk said:
I'll field this one.

He's got this nice looking meshy office chair on which the arms have absolutely had the shit torn out of them, and are now fully covered in awesome duct tape.

When I stop by, I immedietely try and lay claim to this tape laden furniture because if I'm slow, he's going to carefully wheel this other cracked leather piece of shit out of the closet. And I stress "carefully" because anytime you shift your weight on that bastard, one of the wheels falls off.

For 2 player gaming, I always sit right in front of the TV, while Dark tries to sit to the left at as extreme an angle as possible and still see the screen.

The game gets intense, so I scoot closer and knock a chair wheel off, while he leans farther back until he's got a shoulder out the door.

Also, his pic omitted my favorite feature of that room: The clown light switch where the switch is the clown's penis.
Hahaha.

bill0527

pc1.jpg

pc2.jpg

pc3.jpg

pc4.jpg

ht1.jpg

ht2.jpg

And I should be doing a little more of this... and a little less arguing with some of you on this board :lol
bm1.jpg

Yep its all mine, bought and paid for (with cash) :)

Lo-Volt

Not that I'm going to post my setup*, but I have a question for those of you who did: how many of you are replacing parts of or all of your setups? And why? Is it to coincide with next-generation consoles or old age or a better paycheck or whatever other reason?

*Not that I'm thoroughly embarrassed by it, but it is in a constricted space, and if you saw how few games I kept from this generation, it would be thoroughly embarrassing. How do you people have time for all those games?

bill0527

Tony HoTT said:
Hey Billl,

How did you do in those accounting classes? I used the same books last year.

I just finished Management Accounting this past Thursday and got a B+. 5 points away from an A and the prof wouldn't give it to me or let me do anything to try and make up for it to get an A. I got an A in Financial accounting and the software lab. I like Financial accounting a lot better. I have no interest in working for a manufacturing company so a lot of management accounting was tough for me to get through. I'm taking Cost Accounting in the fall and its pretty much a continuation of management accounting. Yay :(

MarkRyan

Sam Houser fucked my wife
attachment.php

Getting a new coffee table soon, and two more bookshelf speakers for surround. I heart my TV and my framed "Snake Eater" promo single.

attachment.php

Random framed video game artwork: ZOE2, Metroid Prime, Halo 2, Resident Evil 4

attachment.php

Closer view of the framed "Snake Eater" single. It came in a package that looked like a record. I need to get it signed.

attachment.php

Couple of framed pieces from God of War. Ripped 'em out of a strategy guide--they look great.

attachment.php

Closer view of the TV, white Nintendo DS, and the Nintendo "Now You're Playing With Power" poster.

bill0527 said:
pc1.jpg

pc2.jpg

pc3.jpg

pc4.jpg

ht1.jpg

ht2.jpg

And I should be doing a little more of this... and a little less arguing with some of you on this board :lol
bm1.jpg

Yep its all mine, bought and paid for (with cash) :)

Where did you get that entertaiment center in pics 5 & 6. I may have a chance to get a good deal on a 52 inch Mitsubushi HDTV, and I'll need a new entertainment furniture setup for downstairs. Can you provide me with any details and pirce. PLEASE PM me. Thanks.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Jeffahn said:

When 13 CRTs simultaneously degauss does some sort of magical intergalactic portal open...or does your penis just fall off?

myplace5.jpg

I just bought this house last year and I still haven't gotten around to do a remodel in the basement. The wallpaper drives my girlfriend nuts.

myplace2.jpg

I got this old '72 Gottlieb pinball machine in a silent auction. It's not the greatest pinball machine around but it's fun to have.

myplace4.jpg

I bought this 63' Rockola not too long ago. Look at the 45s in there! 9 to 5, Mr. Roboto, Allentown, Ebony and Ivory, plus a ton of other crap. I don't think I even want to change the records in this.

myplace1.jpg

Bad shot, but man does Amped 2 look good in 720p.

myplace3.jpg

Psychonauts. Buy this damn game.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I saw that flight sim pic YEARS ago. In fact, I have it archived on my PC somewhere...

It's cool, but I wonder why he's using such an old picture? You'd think he'd snap a new one. You wouldn't mind snapping a new one for us, would you Jeffy? :)

Kinda OT, but after seeing this thread and everyone's collections (again), at least I'm not alone in having to deal with a huge collection of games/CDs/DVDs.

So today I ordered this bad boy:
CD-1480.jpg

4-sided rotating media shelf system, holds up to 1480 CDs or 604 DVDs, should be good for all my media storage for quite a while.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
dark10x said:
I saw that flight sim pic YEARS ago. In fact, I have it archived on my PC somewhere...

It's cool, but I wonder why he's using such an old picture? You'd think he'd snap a new one. You wouldn't mind snapping a new one for us, would you Jeffy? :)
You beat me to it. :)

Top Bottom