• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post pictures of your gaming setup - 2005 Edition

dsc001057dy.jpg

I think the only difference since the last setup thread is that I have a new HTS and the GC is gone.

robot

Took awhile to get everything set up in the new house, but here goes nothing!

The classics setup - Dreamcast, Snes, N64, PSone, Saturn, and Virtual Boy
pic3.jpg

The new systems setup - Gamecube, Xbox, PS2, and a Neo-Geo for good measure:
pic1.jpg

Finally, the arcade - (in the same room as the above setup) a 4-slot Neo Geo:
pic2.jpg

Cathcart

vpdone7hw.jpg

The end. Man that game is awesome. I got it as a Christmas present in 2003 and it sat on the shelf until this summer. The battle system is my favorite in any RPG to date. Also I <3 my TV :)

GFord

thomaser said:
anleggv.jpg

I just got a great surround-system. Only had it for a few days, absolutely love it! A Harman/Kardon AVR 435 receiver, a pair of Audiovector Mi3 Super speakers in front, and Audiovector Mi1 Super in the back. I haven't got the cables I ordered yet, so I use a bunch of borrowed ones in the meantime, if anyone's wondering why the floor is full of cabling.

anleggh.jpg

Here you can see the gaming-part. NES, SNES, N64 and GC :D

nattbord.jpg

My bedroom, with another GC hidden inside the wooden contraption. Connected to the one in the livingroom, of course, for those rare bouts of Mario Kart LAN.

Hey thomaser, i like your contemporary minimalist look, but what's up with that chair? I mean is that thing REALLY comfortable?

thomaser

GFord said:
Hey thomaser, i like your contemporary minimalist look, but what's up with that chair? I mean is that thing REALLY comfortable?

Depends. It's very comfortable for me, and that's the main reason I bought it. But it's kind of made for thin people, and I'm thin. Big people tend to just slide off it because they don't fit in the "grip"...

Kato

The setup with only the current generations consoles and some AV stuff (excluding Dreamcast which has a place upstairs)

setup1.jpg

The Gaming chair which can be set in different positions depending on games. Resident Evil 4 will get me straight up and forward while Radiata Stories lets me relax with my feet up :) Behind the chair some of the games and movies for easy access..

setup2.jpg

The handheld shelves with easy access to the GBA's, DS' or the PSP with on top a collection of guides. All GBA boxes are also somewhere else. Some of the games with regular playtime are stored in the little black and white boxes on the bottom.

setup3.jpg

All other consoles and games from Dreamcast down all the way to NES, C64 and more are upstairs in a room. No pictures of the room because it's a warzone at the moment with all the redecorating going on :)

123rl

Very nice. What speakers are they? Is that a sub in the corner?

That chair looks awesome. Where is it from?

Kato

123rl said:
Very nice. What speakers are they? Is that a sub in the corner?

That chair looks awesome. Where is it from?

The speaker are Mordaunt Short.. (http://www.mordaunt-short.com)
Fronts: MS Avant 908
Center: MS Avant 905c
Surrounds: MS Avant 904

And yes it's a subwoofer in the corner allright :) .. Boston Acoustics (http://www.bostonacoustics.com/hs_product.asp?ProductID=254&CategoryID=6)

The chair is from some store in Belgium (Weba) which is a 30 minute trip from where I live (Netherlands) It's great, maybe too great. It makes me one lazy gamer :lol

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Kato said:
:lol
Great one Blimblim.. and yes, Ikea just kicks ass!
True, it's the only shop where they actually had a maximum weight on display for their TV setups. Before the Sagem DLP I had a monster Sony Wega 32" weighing about 60 kilos so this one THE most important thing for me when buying it.
I also love the fact that you have lots of room under it for the cables.

Pug

Kato is that a Denon 2200 DVD player or the higher speced DVD? Its great DVD player although it doesn't come with HD outputs. I have it setup through component cables for PS and the pictures are stunning.

123rl

Kato said:

The speaker are Mordaunt Short.. (http://www.mordaunt-short.com)
Fronts: MS Avant 908
Center: MS Avant 905c
Surrounds: MS Avant 904

And yes it's a subwoofer in the corner allright :) .. Boston Acoustics (http://www.bostonacoustics.com/hs_product.asp?ProductID=254&CategoryID=6)

The chair is from some store in Belgium (Weba) which is a 30 minute trip from where I live (Netherlands) It's great, maybe too great. It makes me one lazy gamer :lol

Cool. Never heard Boston Acoustics but MS make some nice speakers

I want that chair! :lol I have the Poang recliner chair from Ikea, and it's fantastic. Very comfy and it was great for the price (£50 or something like that). I've noticed that my chair can be too comfy at times...I've fallen asleep watching movies :D

Kato

Yeah, the maximum weight description is great. I saw it, read the description, checked the back, tried the stability and went on buying it in less then 15 minutes including the coffee table with two boxes on wheels underneath it which is great for the controllers and remotes

I did't have to make holes for the cables and the little shelve on the back holds my 2 stepdown converters off the floor..

Great design and awesome low prices.

123rl said:
Cool. Never heard Boston Acoustics but MS make some nice speakers

I want that chair! :lol I have the Poang recliner chair from Ikea, and it's fantastic. Very comfy and it was great for the price (£50 or something like that). I've noticed that my chair can be too comfy at times...I've fallen asleep watching movies :D

I am very proud of the setup as it is. The only thing I want to change next year is the receiver.

I fall asleep even during some games. So I have to check if there is anything in the warranty about that. :lol'

Pug said:
Kato is that a Denon 2200 DVD player or the higher speced DVD? Its great DVD player although it doesn't come with HD outputs. I have it setup through component cables for PS and the pictures are stunning.

It's the Denon DV2900 (DVD/DVD-A/SACD). NTSC/PAL Progressive scan over component. One helluva machine :). And yes this one also lacks HDMI or upscanning. But I just wanted one of the best Proscan players and save the rest of the money for the next step (PS3/BRD). And this one does the job marvelous. It blows any proscan player I ever had out of the water.. imho.

Pug

Kato, Yeah the 2900 DVD is a fantastic PS player and with regard to your sound setup its also one of the best sounding DVD players around. I couldn't afford the 2900 so settled for the 2200 which gives 85% of the performance for half the cost. I have it setup with KEF eggs and PS throught a Panisonic PD30 Tv and although not as good as the 2900 it still sounds stunning. I'm going to wait on the HDef front, BR will probably be the standard but I suspect by the time people in Europe are willing to take it up, a better HD option will be available. The fact that one comes with the PS3 is a great advantage.

Vashu

Hey Kato, it's a lot better than last time I was over there! I'll drop by in the future again! :D

Nice setup, as if I'd expect anything else! But then again, didn't I already see this or are these new pics? You know what to do when they are new, right? :)

And .hacked, wtf dude, you got too much money on your hands? :D Nice setup!

If I could, I'd show mine, but it's absolutely nothing compared to what you guys got. Ah well, next year I'm gonna change my room completely and finally make it my ultimate game/anime-space. I need more pics for ideas, so keep posting guys!

Kato

Pug said:
Kato, Yeah the 2900 DVD is a fantastic PS player and with regard to your sound setup its also one of the best sounding DVD players around. I couldn't afford the 2900 so settled for the 2200 which gives 85% of the performance for half the cost. I have it setup with KEF eggs and PS throught a Panisonic PD30 Tv and although not as good as the 2900 it still sounds stunning. I'm going to wait on the HDef front, BR will probably be the standard but I suspect by the time people in Europe are willing to take it up, a better HD option will be available. The fact that one comes with the PS3 is a great advantage.

The 2200 is also a great player and like you said for much less. I don't remember why I decided to get the 2900 but I do know I was also looking into the 2200 at the time.

I think your KEF eggs go a long way making everything sound good and they look great too :). And the Panny PD30 is a very nice TV..

Vashu said:
Hey Kato, it's a lot better than last time I was over there! I'll drop by in the future again! :D

Nice setup, as if I'd expect anything else! But then again, didn't I already see this or are these new pics? You know what to do when they are new, right? :)

And .hacked, wtf dude, you got too much money on your hands? :D Nice setup!

If I could, I'd show mine, but it's absolutely nothing compared to what you guys got. Ah well, next year I'm gonna change my room completely and finally make it my ultimate game/anime-space. I need more pics for ideas, so keep posting guys!

Hell no, not again..
*locks door and shuts windows :)

And no they are not that new, so they were posted before at our boards... I think, although I made these just this morning.

Pug said:
Kato, Yeah the 2900 DVD is a fantastic PS player and with regard to your sound setup its also one of the best sounding DVD players around. I couldn't afford the 2900 so settled for the 2200 which gives 85% of the performance for half the cost.

The 2200 is exactly the same player re: video quality, as it uses the same exact video circuitry as the 2900. The only thing it's lacking is the slightly better build quality of the 2900 and the better audio DACs. But the 2200 still sounds fantastic with SACD/DVD-A discs. I love mine.

So for all you who have your laptop connected to your receiver/tv, how are you connecting it for audio? Was wondering what was the best method when I seem to only have a headphone out jack on my laptop

MrSingh

tetsuoxb said:
This is a view of my living room, including the new TV, a 1080p 45" Sharp LC-45GD1.

so tetsuoxb.. are you rich, or are you stinking rich?

nice TV (and overall setup) you have there.

funcojoe

roomnewpics_008.jpg

roomnewpics_007.jpg

roomnewpics_006.jpg

roomnewpics_003.jpg

roomnewpics_002.jpg

roomnewpics_001.jpg

xboxneon.jpg

hdtv6.jpg

neon.jpg

funcojoe427329c36ce39.jpg

I got the Xbox neon up for sale right here LINK . If u guys see anything u might want in these pics, let me know. I'm selling alot of this stuff.

funcojoe, blaster1x,

How's the shelf on top of your rear-projection TV's holding up for you? I'm thinking of getting one myself for my mid-sized (13lbs.) center speaker (I'm kinda weary of the idea of having to put a wall shelf for it).

Whay type of shelf do you use? Sanus? Omnimount? Other?

Lo-Volt

Zotty said:
Just cleaned my room this week and finnaly placed the cables (almost) out of sight :)

MijnPlek.jpg

I growl with jealousy at your television set. I'll only claim an analog CRT for myself this year. Enjoy your LCD. :)

I'm curious, how old are you dudes with the crazy LCD, plasma, MTV-Cribs style setups? Shit, I'm 24, have my own place and I can't come close to affording something like that.

Chittagong

Gold Member
dlobro1080 said:
I'm curious, how old are you dudes with the crazy LCD, plasma, MTV-Cribs style setups? Shit, I'm 24, have my own place and I can't come close to affording something like that.

25 here yo. Not that I have a Cribs style setup, though. Upcoming this weekend - pictures of my bedroom setup with a new Samsung LCD courtesy Microsoft!

scaffa

Lo-Volt said:
I growl with jealousy at your television set. I'll only claim an analog CRT for myself this year. Enjoy your LCD. :)

Yeah Im really happy with it. Just bought it a few weeks ago. I had a lousy crt for years :) I also got a nice discount at my work so bought it for a nice price to. Getting ready for the x360 launch and so on. Only drawback is the lack of prog scan with pal consoles :( and I had to rebuy most of the cables (component).

Im 21 btw.

Fowler

dlobro1080 said:

Get a job, slacker!

I'm lucky enough that my job pays enough for me to afford a decent LCD, G5, systems etc. I heard it's one of those deals that has a good entry salary but doesn't grow much as you move up so lifestyle may outstrip pay in a few years :p

Tabris

dlobro1080 said:

I'm 23. I manage money well and have a good paying job.

Top Bottom