• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post your badass moments of videogames

Kadve

(Planetside 2) Don't know whether it was baddas or just crazy of me, but it definitely felt good.

(For those that don't play the game. You are not supposed to able to solo Maxes in close range as they will normally rip you apart. But since i caught him off guard and had booth an anti tank grenade and a phoenix equipped which in theory can (or could since they later nerfed the phoenix) kill them when combined. I just thought, why not?)

Last edited:

Boneless

9lLT8eS.png

Last edited:

Keihart

Beating pre-patch level 7 traveller with a low level Kratos bare handed. A handful of people claimed it was done on easy even though it was the standard difficulty.

I did something similar in give me god of war, it think it's the same traveler.
The bayonetta trinket it's the best shit in the game. No fucking skull on a life bar it's gonna stop me from attempting to kill an enemy, i refuse to.

I was checking my old uploads to youtube, i literally called this video "like a boss" lmao.

Last edited:

RaZoR No1

Playing Persona 3 FES on the PS3. This is a port, and a little of an infamous one. I'm at the very end of the game, the last few in-game days... and my PS3 corrupts my save files. I can also no longer save my game at all. Persona 3 is a 100 hour game. I was able to complete the game. :)
Every tried to play the game on slow motion?
My potato PC back then (Athlon X2 7750 + Mainboard GPU Nvidia 8100 Series (ECS GF8100VM-M3) of course was not able to properly emulate a PS2 and my PS2 was not with me anymore...
I think the final boss fight took around 1,5 hours, because it was soooo slow.

On Persona 4 I cried everytime it rained, because the frames tanked sooo hard...

B2T:
Probably in Apex Legends, when you are the last survivor of the squad with no health left and somehow manage to be the champion while fighting off the other squads

Bernardougf

Gold Member
SEKIRO... beating Gauntlet of Strength: Mortal Journey ..... good luck for anyone trying this ... is so hard that even the developers didnt tie this to any trophy ...

BlackTron

I don't have any recordings, but Halo 1 PC used to be a Badass Moment Generator for me. I was essentially a 1 man army in that game, I would play CTF on Blood Gulch over and over so I could capture and get back the flag while surrounded with allies/enemies/vehicles/chaos like an action movie. Of course I had teammates too, but whether they were there or not wouldn't matter, I would just continually change my approach based on the circumstances.

I was good enough I got the attention of a competitive league. I fought one of their members on Blood Gulch in a 1v1 CTF game. He outsmarted me and managed to get in a warthog with my flag. By the time I respawned he was already on his side of the map, and it seemed hopeless, he was gonna score, and show the newbie who's boss.

I wasn't about to let that happen. I grabbed the rocket launcher that was dropped during our firefight, leapt off the top of my base, and at the apex of the jump fired the scoped rocket launcher with a combination of the Force and Captain America's shield-trajectory brain, striking his moving warthog on the other side of the map with one shot. This was probably my best shot in all of gaming ever, when you consider the slow speed of the rocket, the length of Blood Gulch's map, and that I had to anticipate his driving trajectory and lead the shot ahead by probably 20 feet.

He tried to get it back after respawning, but by that time I was closing the gap and hailing him with pistol and sniper fire. He couldn't fucking believe it.

I got into the league, but I pissed off all the members so much, they demanded I record my gameplay to prove I wasn't cheating with pistol and sniper rounds. Back then I had to set up a different computer with a capture card to do it. They rejected the video, saying that a 180-degree turn followed by a head shot proved I was fake. I got thrown out lol.

Last edited:

Garnox

Pokemon Sapphire on GBA: Came down to my Sceptile and the Steven's Metagross. He kept using Earthquake on the two turns it took for me to use Solar Beam. Luckily I did enough damage prior and Sceptile had like, it had to be 5 HP left when I let out my Solar Beam to finish him off. In the game, it was a crude, jumble of pixels, but it felt like:
Mqrg0O.gif

Last edited:

Rossco EZ

got this kill on Dayz, thought it was pretty decent. i kept missing him when he was at the tower so i stood up to re asses my range and next shot i killed him, 600+m shot.

Video quality from xbox clips is actual ass, also i just uploaded it to youtube so it’s probably still only 480p.

Last edited:

Keihart

got this kill on Dayz, thought it was pretty decent. i kept missing him when he was at the tower so i stood up to re asses my range and next shot i killed him, 600+m shot.

Video quality from xbox clips is actual ass, also i just uploaded it to youtube so it’s probably still only 480p.

Is there no bullet drop? it looked like you were aiming at the floor.

Pretty much all of my Sekiro playthrough.

No idea how they do it. But the feeling I got from beating my first ever Souls boss was easily surpassed by the feeling of 100%ing this game.

From Software just keeps getting better.

sncvsrtoip

beating Hamilton at Monza in gt sport dlc, had 0.2s advantage before last corner but of course f it, won by 0.006s ;d

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
I don't have gameplay to show but i beat Orphan of Kos on my first try. I didn't even knew he was considered that hard until i read about others experiences with him in forums. Laurence on the other hand was a nightmare.Took me forever to beat.His second phase was so Godamn annoying.

PsyEd

Mine would be for SW:BF2...so there was this 1 Kylo Ren player was against 4 sweaty light side plebs. By random roulette I join that game in Vader...to even the odds...

I played with a pretty dominant group of 8 in Dark Age of Camelot back in the days, not gonna post any video but there are some still on YouTube.

Beating A class players in street fighter and I'm just c class but with level 21 and cheaters keep quiting before I start a match with them , most of them are chickens and just wanna collect points , they aren't real players.

Last night my friend and I were playing Sea of Thieves. We saw a Sloop fighting it out with a Brigantine. We decided to check it out and the Sloop attacked us and spawn camped us before sinking us. Now this Sloop was flying a flag and was fully loaded with crates. So they were idiots for picking fights. We decided to teach them a lesson.

We respawned and found a gunpowder barrel. I decided I’d suicide bomb them to ensure they sank. So we sailed to where they were and I told my friend to ram them. Their captain was waiting for me as I jumped on their ship, dropped the gunpowder, and blew it up with a fire bomb. I died, but it killed their captain and sunk their ship.

We then spent the next 10 minutes loading all their crates from their ship on ours to turn in for 50,000+ gold.
When the superkegs first came out my crew and I became mobsters. We would board other people's ships, and give them the choice of just letting us take their most valuable loot, or sink their ship and take everything. If you listened closely enough you could hear the exact moment they died inside as they realized how screwed they were. After taking all the good stuff we'd order them below deck before we hauled ass.

Top Bottom