• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Predators... with Adrien Brody

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

BattleMonkey said:
Airtight seals? Hardly when the back the predators heads stick out on most of their helmets and many just slip off. Unhooking tubes that shoot out some gas does not mean airtight. Predators in all the movies are shown without their helmets without issue.

I think there's a good amount of evidence that the helmets ARE airtight. Just because their backs are exposed doesn't really mean much, since the helmet covering the face is probably attached to their facial/bone structure such that it remains airtight while exposing the hair for cultural reasons.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
shintoki said:
Dear god I can't believe I'm going to say this... Arguing online on useless movie shit...but here I go

Their Atmosphere is similar enough to earth's so they are capable to adapting to it. But it is like us trying to breath up in the higher Atmosphere most likely. It has it's difficulties. Their has a bit more nitrogen if I recall. Hence the mask does allow them to take in more nitrogen. This also means Humans could probably breath on their world also.

Now, Even on their own world. They would probably still wear the masks if they are hunting something. It does have all their vision spreads, + links to to their guns and such. Not to mention it is still armour for the head.

Also, to note they are only capable of being on earth when it gets extremely hot. This hints at our bodies at a bit more adaptable then their's since they can't really adapt to cold weather.

So they need them to breathe easier.

shintoki said:
Also, to note they are only capable of being on earth when it gets extremely hot. This hints at our bodies at a bit more adaptable then their's since they can't really adapt to cold weather.
This depends on whether or not you consider AvP canon.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
OuterWorldVoice said:
So they need them to breathe easier.
Pretty much. As I said, it most likely is similar to people climbing mountains in higher altitudes. You can do it alpine style. But most go with Expedition so they can take along Oxygen supplements.

It makes sense since they obviously not just from a technological stand point. But hunters always try to hunt at their peak. If they are having trouble with breathing, it means they are already limiting themselves. Going into combat at a disadvantage like that would be an unwise move.

Panda Bear said:
This depends on whether or not you consider AvP canon.

AvP contradicted the first two movies. :lol

I seldom think anyways does.

nodle

Im sorry every time I see this guy I think of Peewee.

PredatorsSneak3.jpg

6a00e54ed02a6788330120a5822be4970c-800wi

ok....this is me looking at it before the trailer...(if the main character is true this is gonna suck cause this guy looks like a fuckin pussy)

(hopefully the Predator kills are worth it)

and im watching....

well......

at least it has (from what i seen in the trailer)
goggins-walt.jpg

aaaaannnnnnnddddddd Meh..... hope this movie is good with such a pussy as a main character : /

Steeven

Looks like shit. Was that a predator dog? I agree with the director that you can't compete with Arnie, but c'mon, that doesn't mean you have to make a shitty movie. Not excited at all. I think the cast of the latest Stallone movie would have been a better match with this kind of film.

Steeven said:
Looks like shit. Was that a predator dog? I agree with the director that you can't compete with Arnie, but c'mon, that doesn't mean you have to make a shitty movie. Not excited at all. I think the cast of the latest Stallone movie would have been a better match with this kind of film.
couldnt have said it better myself :D

Lakitu

st5fu
Had my doubts about Adrien Brody, but he looks pretty suited to the role. However, that 70s show guy looks annoying as usual.

DieH@rd

Banned
Lakitu said:
Had my doubts about Adrien Brody, but he looks pretty suited to the role. However, that 70s show guy looks annoying as usual.
Hopefully he will die in some slow painfull death :)

karasu

Why are you people talking about his muscles? He's not going to choke the Predator out. he will shoot him.

Pulgo1

Topher Grace is in this movie. Fuckin Topher Grace.

I like Topher Grace, and I like to say Topher Grace

Man, I want to be excited for this. Rodriguez producing gives me hope. Nimrod Antal kind of lessens that hope a bit. It all balances out!

harSon

Banned
Is that dog like creature the Predator's hunting pet? If so, that goes against everything the Predators are supposed to be about...

AnkitT

harSon said:
Is that dog like creature the Predator's hunting pet? If so, that goes against everything the Predators are supposed to be about...
My theory is that the planet is not a proper predator "homeworld", a neutral hunting ground or something like that with its own plants and animals. Of course, I could be wrong.

Mr. Sam

It's 2010. Using that "Yeah, throw every motherfucking thing at it!" mentality these days produces movies like Transformers. I like the direction they're going in.

CENOBITE

AnkitT said:
My theory is that the planet is not a proper predator "homeworld", a neutral hunting ground or something like that with its own plants and animals. Of course, I could be wrong.

This is NOT the homeworld but a 'game reserve' planet the predators stock with the most ferocious creatures to go hunting as stated in interviews. In this case, the Predators have abducted supposedly the 'best' human warriors to hunt.

Funny, reminds me of the storyline of QUAKE III where the best fighters are abducted and put into arenas to fight.

CENOBITE

MAJOR, MAJOR FREAKIN SPOILERS ALERT!!!!!

I Found links to 2 PREDATORS scripts posted on an ALIEN forum and can be found at this thread. I would post direct links but do not want to be subject to any sort of ban hammer.

You can find the PREDATORS July 12, 2009 script and the original, much older script Robert Wrote August 2nd 1996 is on the first page. If you do download and read either, please make your comments spoiler-hidden.

Chuckie

Pulgo1 said:
I like Topher Grace, and I like to say Topher Grace

Somehow I can not see that name and not think about Topper Harley.

Only Topper Harley was 1000 times more awesome dan Topher Grace.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Tence said:
Somehow I can not see that name and not think about Topper Harley.

Only Topper Harley was 1000 times more awesome dan Topher Grace.

Topher Grace got to kiss Laura Prepon though, that counts for something, although he massively destroyed that credit with Spider-Man 3.

AniHawk

neorej said:
Topher Grace got to kiss Laura Prepon though, that counts for something, although he massively destroyed that credit with Spider-Man 3.

I thought he was great as Peter Parker.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
sankt-Antonio said:
nothing will touch the original - its just too badass

- but i think this one will take another aproach to the series... so it may be good

months ago i was full of hope...

but now - all hope is gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom