• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Predators... with Adrien Brody

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
I was just going through the cast and....

Mahershalalhashbaz Ali

Tongue-twister at it's best. :lol:

Besides of that it's really a pity to see that there is no badass bodybuilder to be found in Predators. Very sad that such people aren't casted anymore.... I liked the action flicks back in the 80s and 90s. Sure, it was totally cliché, but still....

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'll be seeing this movie just for Walton Goggins. I hope he has a larger part than in that teaser thing.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
TheExorzist said:
I was just going through the cast and....

Mahershalalhashbaz Ali

Tongue-twister at it's best. :lol:

Besides of that it's really a pity to see that there is no badass bodybuilder to be found in Predators. Very sad that such people aren't casted anymore.... I liked the action flicks back in the 80s and 90s. Sure, it was totally cliché, but still....

Danny-Trejo.jpg

todahawk

Coming July 9, 2010?!?!?!? Cannot believe I was blindsided by this, I may have to turn in my geek card.

I like what RR has to say about PREDATORS, he seems to respect the source material. I have little concern about Brody, RR is right on with not being able to compete with Arnold's physique... and from what I've read he's been wanting to do this for a VERY long time.

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
TheExorzist said:

Steroids aren't legal anymore.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Looks better than I thought it would but it also looks like it's going to be full of bad stereotypes. Lawrence Fishbourne's monologue of how awesome Predators are, ending with "How do we kill them? However you can!" was kind of terrible. Also not sure how I feel about Sniper Wolf. The team looks to be pretty much by the numbers - they have an Asian guy too, so I guess everyone is nicely and equally represented in appropriate percentage ratios.

Hellion

evil ways said:
Brody looks like something the Predator would use to pick chunks of beans out of his teeth. Why not Sam Worthington or even Gerard Butler, who seems to be in nearly every movie this year.

:lol :lol :lol

That seems to be the Hollywood trend.

The original was full of bad stereotypes too. These seems to be some what justified as they have kidnapped the best of the best, assassians of all varieties, so logically most races are accounted for.

The stereotypes can be surpassed if the actors make them unique. They did it pretty well in the original.

They certainly are trying their hardest to win people over. Trailers like that help. But yeah, some bits stick. Yakuza? Also, the bit with Royce covered in laser sights is going to have one hell of a cop-out solution, you watch. Aside from that, I'm still very interested.

Raydeen

Gary Whitta said:
What's this I'm hearing about a big cameo? BIG!

Governator size?

OK trailer - didn't like the mininmalism of the music - big action flick needs a big score.

They should have a Bill Duke cameo - he didn't die after all, and he's on Predator world with a sellotaped Bic Razor. :lol

predator.jpg

Ovid

Why didn't they make it a prequel to the first film? They could've followed the guys who Arnold and his soldiers were looking for in the first film prior to their deaths. This movie is gonna be a train wreck, I know it.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Gary Whitta said:
What's this I'm hearing about a big cameo? BIG!

After The Rundown, Terminator Salvation and the Expendables, having an Arny cameo is no biggy.

Raydeen said:
They should have a Bill Duke cameo - he didn't die after all, and he's on Predator world with a sellotaped Bic Razor. ]

Didn't die? He had a giant hole blown clean through his forehead!

Dibbz

Some of the characters look way out of place. A Yakuza guy who is probably gonna duke it out with a fucking sword. I hope to God predator just blows his face of in 2 seconds after seeing the guy.

A convict who looks like he'll do nothing but complain and be of no help at all. Eugh, should have just went with all marines and soldiers from different countries dropped on the planet.

Better have a fuck awesome script like the first movie. I'll still be there day one just because it's Predator though :(

Mr. Sam

tarius1210 said:
Yakuza guy is gonna be the American-Indian guy in the first film.

Nah, Billy lasted pretty long and met his doom like a man. If one line has to be repeated, it absolutely has to be "What's got Billy so spooked?". I don't know how they'll work that one in though.

tarius1210 said:
Why didn't they make it a prequel to the first film? They could've followed the guys who Arnold and his soldiers were looking for in the first film prior to their deaths.

Because that be boring as hell and a retread of the first.

I liked the trailer. Doing another film where all the characters are Mercs would be pointless. It would be akin to just remaking the first film which is a no-no. This seems to be at least reaching for the tone of the first film, whilst trying to add some new ideas in. I agree on the scene showing Brody's character being lit up by all the Pred sights being silly for now. I find it hard to believe he would get out of that situation in a satisfying way.

Raydeen

Mr. Sam said:
Nah, Billy lasted pretty long and met his doom like a man. If one line has to be repeated, it absolutely has to be "What's got Billy so spooked?". I don't know how they'll work that one in though.

Nah, nothing beats "Pretttya sopphistocated for a bunnchh of haallvv assss mountain boyz"

Danny Glover? Is the planet big enough to hold both him and Morpheus's hefty frames?

Didn't die? He had a giant hole blown clean through his forehead!

No that was the blood from his Bic!

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Scullibundo said:
Because that be boring as hell and a retread of the first.

I liked the trailer. Doing another film where all the characters are Mercs would be pointless. It would be akin to just remaking the first film which is a no-no. This seems to be at least reaching for the tone of the first film, whilst trying to add some new ideas in. I agree on the scene showing Brody's character being lit up by all the Pred sights being silly for now. I find it hard to believe he would get out of that situation in a satisfying way.

Didn't they do the multi laser thing in Predator 2 anyways? When all the Preds came to collect the body of their fallen comrade?

Ovid

Scullibundo said:
This seems to be at least reaching for the tone of the first film, whilst trying to add some new ideas in.
What???
I didn't see anything new there at all. This crap has already been done in countless films.

Mr. Sam

There is always one dumbass with a sword.

"What've you got?"

"Oh, just an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher. You?"

"I've, uh, got a, uh, sword. Yeah."

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Mr. Sam said:
There is always one dumbass with a sword.

"What've you got?"

"Oh, just an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher. You?"

"I've, uh, got a, uh, sword. Yeah."

Didn't do Billy much good.

Sinatar said:
Didn't they do the multi laser thing in Predator 2 anyways? When all the Preds came to collect the body of their fallen comrade?

I try to forget that Predator 2 exists. Terrible film.

What??? I didn't see anything new there at all.

I can dig the idea that they've extended the 'hunter has become the hunted' idea of Predator to these guys who are predators in their own respective right. Also, being on another planet makes this more intriguing. There aren't going to be any choppers coming anytime soon. Fishburne's character appears to have been on the planet for ages and has adapted to (attempted) living there. Things that differentiate it from the first film, yet it still appears to keep in line with the tone of the first film which I appreciate.

Ovid

Scullibundo said:
I can dig the idea that they've extended the 'hunter has become the hunted' idea of Predator to these guys who are predators in their own respective right. Also, being on another planet makes this more intriguing. There aren't going to be any choppers coming anytime soon. Fishburne's character appears to have been on the planet for ages and has adapted to (attempted) living there. Things that differentiate it from the first film, yet it still appears to keep in line with the tone of the first film which I appreciate.
Makes sense, however, I still see this film as a rental at best.

Raydeen

tarius1210 said:
What???
I didn't see anything new there at all. This crap has already been done in countless films.

It does seem to be a mix of Con Air and The Condemned. But with Predators!!! Vinne Jones vs a Predator I would pay to see, perhaps the cameo can be his character from Lock Stock? :lol :lol :lol

Or even better. If the characters were from Team Fortress 2. Heavy vs Predator or Spy vs Predator cloak-off. :D

I really wish that chick character wasn't there. I'm so sick of the token female that is super-sexy and has the body of a model, yet happens to be Black Ops.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Scullibundo said:
I really wish that chick character wasn't there. I'm so sick of the token female that is super-sexy and has the body of a model, yet happens to be Black Ops.
I was going to say the same thing. If any character beside Brody survives. You know it's probably going to be her. Either take the female character and make her "One of the boys" or don't put them in.

Anyways, Kind of neutral about the trailer. Some good parts. Some bad...The 12+ targets on Brody pissed me off :lol

Raydeen

Scullibundo said:

At least have the surprise of her being the criminal serial killer character.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Scullibundo said:

Agreed completely. I didn't mind the chick in the first movie at all, though. Her character made sense and the actress seemed to have a good idea of what she should be like. Gonna go see this in theatres with friends with a totally pessimistic attitude.

Predators 2 will take place in a high tech city on the Predator planet and feature a Danny Glover cameo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom