• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Press Reactions to Wonder Woman

Slixshot

Banned
It's "GOOD?!"

qrvKb.gif

Will be?

o_O

Have we missed any of the huffpuff about her unshaven armpits. How skinny she is. The Think Thin campaign.

Huffington Post: Wonder Woman’s Hairless Armpits Have Angered Feminists On Twitter

Oh god, with some people you can't win and it's best to ignore. The criticisms would fit a more experimental arthouse movie that is going for realism and method acting. I don't even see where they photoshopped bleaching to her armpit or whether there was hair before. Armpits can look whiter than other areas cause it's not as exposed to the sun. We're past that stage of critiquing bodies, Gal Gadot was cast, not some burly female like a Stjepan Sejic drawing. I agree with the latter woman in that article, that it's better focusing on the actual character of Wonder Woman in the movie than her body.

Someone wrote an article about WW pissing fire because of a poster.

http://www.avclub.com/article/wonder-woman-pees-fire-new-justice-league-promos-252662

Besides making us squirm uncomfortably in our seats just looking at it—seriously, Diana, you should probably get that checked out—the poster raises a number of questions. Did a single woman look at this poster before it was released? Did anyone look at the poster, for that matter, or is Zack Snyder just throwing these together on Photoshop in his spare time? Why, oh why, did it have to be orange?

700.jpg

I don't know, maybe it's the DAWN of justice?

5v.jpg

Like I shit on Snyder any chance I get, but this is some quota Cracked bullshit.

Huffington Post: Wonder Woman’s Hairless Armpits Have Angered Feminists On Twitter

Oh god, with some people you can't win and it's best to ignore. The criticisms would fit a more experimental arthouse movie that is going for realism and method acting. I don't even see where they photoshopped bleaching to her armpit or whether there was hair before. Armpits can look whiter than other areas cause it's not as exposed to the sun. We're past that stage of critiquing bodies, Gal Gadot was cast, not some burly female like a Stjepan Sejic drawing. I agree with the latter woman in that article, that it's better focusing on the actual character of Wonder Woman in the movie than her body.

They should have been offended by Ghostbusters' laughless comedy.

Ganhyun

Good for everyone involved with WW for seemingly making a much better film than the other DC film based off initial impressions from press reviewers.

Also, LOL at the people not reading the OP and seeing that these are press impressions and not typical fanboy impressions.

kewlmyc

Lol these aren't DC fansites, these are general movie critics

The pre-meltdowns over this reviewing well are already hilarious

....biased towards what, exactly?

I had completely forgotten about the piss fire problem!

As opposed to when they invite them to screenings to watch their movies?

Or world premieres... I'm so confused

Most reviewers see the movie for free due to the company so it doesn't really change much where it is, I guess to me

I thought this was one of those situations where they invited people down to the studio, give them a press preview/screening, and then allow them to post their impressions online. It feels like that is constantly happening since I thought both BvS and SS were reviewed well pre release, just for the score to plummet once it was released. Wasn't trying to offend anyone here, didn't know Bobby was a movie reviewer.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Pretty sure BvS also had overwhelmingly positive early reactions. Is there a chance that this could actually be a good movie? Yes. Do I have faith that it will be? No, especially since nothing in the trailer impressed me.

THANK GOD! DC really needed a solid, well received movie. Thankfully we have it here. Hopefully justice league builds on the good faith!

Also reductive posters referring to the early BvS screenings clearly have piss poor comprehension skills. Notice PRESS SCREENING.

I thought this was one of those situations where they invited people down to the studio, give them a press preview/screening, and then allow them to post their impressions online. It feels like that is constantly happening since I thought both BvS and SS were reviewed well pre release, just for the score to plummet once it was released. Wasn't trying to offend anyone here, didn't know Bobby was a movie reviewer.

I believe these screenings were just normal press screenings. Not a junket.

And you didn't offend me. My editors are pretty fuzzy on the whole "are you a film critic" thing too.

I don't see what's official about it.

Yeah, that's not an official anything, I don't think.

PsychBat!

Banned
I believe these screenings were just normal press screenings. Not a junket.

And you didn't offend me. My editors are pretty fuzzy on the whole "are you a film critic" thing too.
Look around this thread pretty Bobby
Is it everything you'd hope it'd be?
Wrong post, the wrong situation
the right time to post to me

LOL I guess they missed the generous (stuntwoman) butt cheeks on display when she does her leg sweeps.

The Adder

Banned
Will be?

o_O

Have we missed any of the huffpuff about her unshaven armpits. How skinny she is. The Think Thin campaign.

Hold on now, too small and too skinny are perfectly legitimate criticism having little to do with sexism.

This:

2704889-tumblr_lykx7cU3FR1rov42mo1_500.jpg

Is how I personally like to see Wonder Woman. With some bulk and muscle. She's supposed to be an Amazon after all.

Gadot's fine in the role, better than I expected, but there's nothing wrong with wanting a Wonder Woman who isn't scrawny.

Firemind

Hold on now, too small and too skinny are perfectly legitimate criticism having little to do with sexism.

This:

Is how I personally like to see Wonder Woman. With some bulk and muscle. She's supposed to be an Amazon after all.

Gadot's fine in the role, better than I expected, but there's nothing wrong with wanting a Wonder Woman who isn't scrawny.
You know she's drawn in that picture, right?

Holy shit we're at the point where the film is being screened and we're less than a month from release and reviews are coming in and people are still

still

stilllll

On that "yeah, but she doesn't look like my comics" shit.

Like, she's already been in a movie and we're still getting it.

(then again, the Star Trek threads are still coughing up lensflare lols so I don't know why this is hitting me sideways)

Ross61

This:

You post this picture like this isn't one of LITERALLY HUNDREDS of depictions of Wonder Woman. This is one wasn't even in comic continuity before Flashpoint.

There ain't shit scrawny Gal Gadot. Foh.

This:

Emphasis on "personally". WW is a character that has existed for 75 years. I love the Darwyn Cooke interpretation as well but that one is no more canon than any other version drawn by hundreds of different artists. So no, that is not a legitimate criticism, Gadot looks fine.

KalBalboa

Banned
Holy shit we're at the point where the film is being screened and we're less than a month from release and reviews are coming in and people are still

still

stilllll

On that "yeah, but she doesn't look like my comics" shit.

Like, she's already been in a movie and we're still getting it.

(then again, the Star Trek threads are still coughing up lensflare lols so I don't know why this is hitting me sideways)

You underestimate the slack jawed nature of some people on the internet.

Top Bottom