• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Cafe Rumor Cafe [Weinerpoop Post 7513]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Namco Bandai on Tales of Graces Wii

"We’re always trying our best to release as many games as we can on all formats and it isn’t our intention to upset anyone along the way. All I can say is to keep your ears open for future news as we will make more announcements in the near future and I hope you can continue to enjoy our games."
Source: GN

Interesting.

Instro said:
They could announce it at the Nintendo conference but it will never be exclusive.
I know, I'm just kidding. LOL

Sammy Samusu said:
Namco Bandai on Tales of Graces Wii

Source: GN

Interesting.

I know, I'm just kidding. LOL

NB is going to try and revive Tales in the West. I think is F and ToA sell well, we could see more localizations. Dunno if F will get announced for Cafe, though. I mean, it is scheduled for next year and all.

antonz

AceBandage said:
NB is going to try and revive Tales in the West. I think is F and ToA sell well, we could see more localizations. Dunno if F will get announced for Cafe, though. I mean, it is scheduled for next year and all.
Sounds like a NB decision to me!

BY2K

Membero Americo
AceBandage said:

It definitely sounds like a Project Cafe release is not out of the question.

It IS scheduled to release in 2012, after all.

GCX

GCNemesis said:
Seems like a logical step to me as that team hasn't released anything since. Additionally, jumping to a 2D high definition title seems like an easier transition than to a 3D version. Plus, the Tokyo team is on the 3DS Mario title if I remember correctly.
Yeah, EAD Tokyo is doing Mario 3DS. I'm impressed if they can really release that just 1½ years after Galaxy 2.

Sadist

BY2K said:
It definitely sounds like a Project Cafe release is not out of the question.

It IS scheduled to release in 2012, after all.
Would be weird though.

Released on Wii, ported to PS3 and in the end it would release on Café lol

Sadist said:
Would be weird though.

Released on Wii, ported to PS3 and in the end it would release on Café lol

The circle of life.

They have been horribly hush hush about the platform, though. I'd say a release on 360, PS3 and Cafe is most likely.

BY2K

Membero Americo
AceBandage said:
The circle of life.

They have been horribly hush hush about the platform, though. I'd say a release on 360, PS3 and Cafe is most likely.

Graces F has already been confirmed exclusive for PS3.

Though, they may have said exclusive to not give away the Cafe release, since it's not announced yet.

/Dream.

AceBandage said:
I just hope Nintendo doesn't waste too much time announcing games like Sonic Generations, Dragon's Dogma and other obvious HD multiplatform games. But then again, it's hard to get third-party exclusives nowadays...

AceBandage said:
SMG
Red Steel
Excite Trucks (That's a big damn truck!)
Zelda: TP (Wii version)
Metroid Prime 3
WiiSports
WiiMusic
And more games than that were playable in their booth, like the Sonic game and I think Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam.

Oh man, I'm printing out E3 bingo cards for me, my gf, and friends. I'm browsing gaf and G4 keeps playing those E3 commercials. I'm officially hyped now. Oh, and my gf is finishing up making my Iwata/Miyamoto shrine that I'll be praying to the next 3 nights.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
GCNemesis said:
What is the New Super Mario Bros. team up to? Certainly not a HD 2D Super Mario title for launch. Certainly you wouldn't be able to enter a pipe on your TV screen and continue your game on the controller. Right?

Seems like a logical step to me as that team hasn't released anything since. Additionally, jumping to a 2D high definition title seems like an easier transition than to a 3D version. Plus, the Tokyo team is on the 3DS Mario title if I remember correctly.

GCX said:
Yeah, EAD Tokyo is doing Mario 3DS. I'm impressed if they can really release that just 1½ years after Galaxy 2.

Keep in mind that EAD Tokyo isn't a team. It is a department. Within the department the proposal is to have different groups. The question is how fast have they been adding staff since the initial 40 man conception in 2003?

Last we knew in 2010, there were two groups in EAD Tokyo. Each producer working on a separate project. With Mario 3DS being done with one team, we have to ponder how much resources are left for the other half on whatever game they are working on.

With Mario 3DS. The team revealed they spent a lot of time during SMG2 creating a level creator tool that even designers could use to make levels. If this was ported alongside the engine, the development of the game may have been very smooth. I still feel we will end up seeing it Spring 2012.

rpmurphy

BY2K said:
Graces F has already been confirmed exclusive for PS3.

Though, they may have said exclusive to not give away the Cafe release, since it's not announced yet.

/Dream.
Port of a port! loool

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
Eradicate said:
Not exciting or new news, but 01net made a chart of various rumors that have been proposed and placed them on a graph from "not likely" to "confirmed by Nintendo." Here is the link:

http://www.01net.com/editorial/533824/avant-l-e3-un-dernier-point-sur-le-project-cafe/

And here is the image:

http://www.01net.com/images/article/585538.jpg

The article also has a list of 12 different debating points and provides a little information on each. I have no idea if any of it is new, but it is a new article.

I wish I studied French longer than I did!
Its kinda cute who they list all of their rumors as almost certain and everybody else's as possible.

JJConrad said:
Its kinda cute who they list all of their rumors as almost certain and everybody else's as possible.

Interesting how the name "Nintendo Feel" is more credible to them than "Nintendo Stream." Unless that touch-screen is haptic, like the Feel rumor suggested (which I find very doubtful), there's no way they're calling it Feel. Between those two, Stream is definitely more appropriate. Even if I don't like the urine theme.

Anybody revisit that ESRB trailer fake rumor to see how many of those title seem to be semi confirmed?

Cause there seems to be quite a few now lol

Penguin

JJConrad said:

Was gonna post the same thing.

Pretty much, oh we know we're right, the rest we don't know!

Lupin the Wolf said:
Interesting how the name "Nintendo Feel" is more credible to them than "Nintendo Stream." Unless that touch-screen is haptic, like the Feel rumor suggested (which I find very doubtful), there's no way they're calling it Feel. Between those two, Stream is definitely more appropriate. Even if I don't like the urine theme.
Their E3 site's background along with the European invitations has a stream like design.

Lupin the Wolf said:

Personally, I like "Current" most out of all the rumored names we've seen.

antonz

Cafe whatever it ends up being named has to be relatively normal sounding. Nintendo did not feel compelled to name drop this time so they dont expect penis jokes etc.

I made the same observation about their press invite backgrounds.

Something we (and Nintendo) need to think about is "are these names going to be attractive to consumers?" Will gamers in love with their EX-BOX THREE SIXTY want to migrate to "Ahhhh, the Stream." Or PLAY-STAY-SHUN THREE players migrate to "Mmmm....Current." Nintendo's possible names are very soft and smooth, almost fat-free frozen yogurt and yoga-like (I thinking specifically of that one logo someone did where the S was a divider). The current systems are syllable-heavy and kind of abrasive. They both require acronyms and abbreviations like "360" and "PS3." Wii, Stream, and Current all kind of sound passive and easy-going, but also don't need abbreviation. So, they will probably appeal to the masses, but will the platform appeal to the "hardcore" gamer besides Nintendo faithful? I dunno, I think people might've been turned off by "Wii." Even though the system is cool to play and experience for the first time, I think everyone was turned off by that name. I hope Nintendo doesn't pick something that's going to turn people off, although I can't say "Stream" or "Current" are necessarily "weird" enough to do that.

antonz: We also haven't seen the controller or system itself yet, but we had seen Wii as "Revolution" and the controller by the time "Wii" was named.

1-D_FTW

Lupin the Wolf said:
I made the same observation about their press invite backgrounds.

Something we (and Nintendo) need to think about is "are these names going to be attractive to consumers?" Will gamers in love with their EX-BOX THREE SIXTY want to migrate to "Ahhhh, the Stream." Or PLAY-STAY-SHUN THREE players migrate to "Mmmm....Current." Nintendo's possible names are very soft and smooth, almost fat-free frozen yogurt and yoga-like (I thinking specifically of that one logo someone did where the S was a divider). The current systems are syllable-heavy and kind of abrasive. They both require acronyms and abbreviations like "360" and "PS3." Wii, Stream, and Current all kind of sound passive and easy-going, but also don't need abbreviation. So, they will probably appeal to the masses, but will the platform appeal to the "hardcore" gamer besides Nintendo faithful? I dunno, I think people might've been turned off by "Wii." Even though the system is cool to play and experience for the first time, I think everyone was turned off by that name. I hope Nintendo doesn't pick something that's going to turn people off, although I can't say "Stream" or "Current" are necessarily "weird" enough to do that.

antonz: We also haven't seen the controller or system itself yet, but we had seen Wii as "Revolution" and the controller by the time "Wii" was named.

You over-thinking this way too much. Playstation is a horrible name. Play Station? If Nintendo came out with a new system that used that name, it'd be ridiculed as kiddie. In fact, Sony was heavily debating changing the name for the US release for this very reason. They didn't want the kiddie stigma that the name suggested. Play Station is from the old days of Game Boy. Pretty much any name becomes mainstream and acceptable if the games make it a success.

swerve

Current simply makes no sense. It is an open goal to their rivals.

'no longer current', 'maybe it was current in 2012....' 'if may have been current when it launched, but now it's old' etc.

It's called stream, isn't it? Yes. Yes it is.

swerve said:

'no longer current', 'maybe it was current in 2012....' 'if may have been current when it launched, but now it's old' etc.

The stream has run dry. It used to be extreme but now its ex Stream.
:(

I have this strange feeling it will be called Nintendo Feel and it will have haptic tech on the touchscreen. 3 more days...3 more days, etc.

Presenting the Nintendo Yuu! This system is all about Yuu: Yuu get your own view of the action, Yuu get your own menus, Yuu get your own screen! Yuu have all the fun, and Yuu don't need to give it up so someone else can use the TV.

swerve

Graphics Horse said:
The stream has run dry. It used to be extreme but now its ex Stream.
:(

Hmmm.. those are a bit more of a stretch though - the name has no temporal connotations.

Also, as it's *likely* called Stream, you should get yourself copyright on your stream slurs right now, get rich in a few years.

swerve said:

I thought of this too, but I was rambling on long enough already. Good observation.

Dreamwriter said:
Presenting the Nintendo Yuu! This system is all about Yuu: Yuu get your own view of the action, Yuu get your own menus, Yuu get your own screen! Yuu have all the fun, and Yuu don't need to give it up so someone else can use the TV.
heh

Poyunch

Dreamwriter said:
Bob's taken that already.
TUF3N.jpg

Damn I feel dirty for bringing that guy up.

I don't know, "Stream" just sounds too...prosaic. I picture a peaceful forest stream with chirping birds and rustling leaves. "Current" has more of an edge to it. Streaming is kind of a buzz word right now, and it might sound outdated in a few years without even resorting to cheap puns. It's like if the Wii had been called the "Nintendo 2.0" in order to ride on the buzz around web 2.0.

PounchEnvy said:
Bob's taken that already.
IMG]http://i.imgur.com/TUF3N.jpg[/IMG

Damn I feel dirty for bringing that guy up.

For a second, I thought that was Reggie's face in the background.

Until the recent wave of rumors, I was figuring they'd go with "Wii Too." But, in retrospect, they haven't carried a name over since Super Famicom, and even then it was changed: "Family Computer" to "Super Famicom," not "Super Family Computer."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom