• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Cafe Rumor Cafe [Weinerpoop Post 7513]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poyunch

TunaLover said:
Wasn't he?
I'm pretty sure that's him but I can't find the source image.

But I found this.
NPYYa.jpg

After seeing the new E3 trailer for Ace Combat: Assault Horizon for 360/PS3, I really want a Cafe version. I know it's another 2011 game but well (so many things to consider) who knows right?

Where did the Current name come from?

I like it better than Stream, Current as the flow of water (same as Stream really), but it's fancier sounding.

Chittagong said:
Stream would be such a conventional name to follow Wii.
Striim.

dysonEA said:
Swii or Super Wii is what I'm guessing it'll be called.
Weren't there trademarks for Power Wii a little while back? I also think New Wii would work if Nintendo wanted to keep the Wii name incorporated.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
BY2K said:
Shit slow website. Here's the article:

With so many stories online coming out in the last several days regarding Wii 2, Project Cafe, Wii ii, Wii HD, or whatever most people are comfortable with, it’s definitely making for an exciting build up to E3. Fortunately due to some contacts in the industry, I was able to gather a couple of pieces of information. The first was that a new Nintendo console is indeed in the works and that some 3rd parties have already begun experimenting with it. The second piece of news was a great one and that’s regarding Retro Studios developing something that will please many of us.

Today I have another update to the puzzle and it comes from a close 3rd party contact. I asked my source about the power of the console, the likelihood of release this year, are the suggestions of the controller having a screen on it true, and more of the like and did get one nice answer and a little explanation.

“Nintendo’s new machine is powerful and though I hate to bash, it won’t be another Dreamcast. This will be the PS2 of its generation.”

Here is the breakdown of that very substantial line (in my opinion):

Sega Saturn, Sony PlayStation, and Nintendo 64 were equals. Dreamcast came out in an awkward time of 3 years after N64, 1 year before PS2 and 2 years before Xbox and GameCube. As a result, despite being a powerful and capable system, it got neglected thanks to the battle that was going on between PS and N64 and was overshadowed by what was to be some big competition in PS2, Xbox, and GCN. So then, what was meant in that line earlier, that “Wii 2″ will be like PS2?

From what I gather is that Nintendo’s next baby will be considerably more powerful than PS3 and Xbox 360 (like PS2 was to N64 and PS), come out at least a year before them (again like with PS2), and eventually be overpowered but not “all out dominated” by Playstation 4 and Xbox 3. What I don’t know is just how much more powerful will Wii 2 be, over the current HD Twins, but apparantly several developers are having a good feel with the system early on, so that’s definitely good to hear. It’s pieces of info like this that I receive that are a bit more open to interpretation as they aren’t completely clear. No one 3rd party developer, on or off the record, wants to completely screw Nintendo or anyone for that matter, and spill all the beans. That’s why we get tiny little hints like this to whet our appetite.

Call it a rumor if you must; I won’t blame you for doing so. It is better to share some news than no news at all though (in my opinion). Some people hate you for not telling everything, but as a messanger without more info, it’s not fair to blame. And if there is more info withheld (which only the “who” is in this story), usually there’s an NDA behind it. More as it comes in and hopefully at E3 when I attend, I’ll be able to bring back all the info you want in my Q/A.​

antonz

TunaLover said:
They made a ranking for E3?
There is a mention of a bunch of rather large 3rd party announcements for Nintendos conference. When getting ready to discuss it Pachter interrupts and derails

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
MikeTyson said:
When Wills' character says "sure" the people behind him roll their eyes. Would it make more sense if instead he said "maybe"?

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Dreamwriter said:
So, it won't be the best system of its generation, killed off by a lack of money due to extreme mistakes in the previous generation...
Can't wait to see Nintendo failing hard with the Wii 3.

GameE

wrowa said:
Who is Paul Gale and why should I trust him.

Yeah, with a period instead of a questionmark.

No one should trust him since he posts bullshit, I remember Nirolak pointed out some of his articles a while ago

BY2K said:
Pachter trying to hype the Microsoft conference, I see. One of the guy is trying to hype it the wrong way. The next Xbox won't be there, it's only been 1 year of Kinect.

As Pachter said though, MS isn't going to have a lot of new stuff. See, he thinks like an analysts, not like a gamer.

He's excited by how good a presentation is, which means we likely are in for another pretty hohum E3 from Microsoft in terms of exciting news.
And they were all harsh on Sony. Overly so. But then, I can't blame them. Sony treats E3 as a platform for showing off stuff they they announced a week or two before. It's such a bizarre idea, but it works for them.
Then we have Nintendo. A complete wild card. They don't give the press a preview like MS does, and they don't announce stuff before hand like Sony. They are the true mystery. Masters of the tease. Nintendo is the company to watch, especially this year.

I think Nintendo is going to come out swinging, much like 2010. It will be punch after punch of stuff that is exciting and head scratching. Mmmmm, what an exciting time to be a gamer!

wrowa said:
Who is Paul Gale and why should I trust him.

Yeah, with a period instead of a questionmark.
:
PaulGale said:
On the video game side of things, I currently write for Bitmob.com and continue to contribute to 1up.com, have helped with Electronic Gaming Monthly and Gamers.com in the past, have been in several video game magazines, websites, and TV shows (such as Nintendo Power, **********.com, Capcom-Unity.com, X-Play and Judgment Day, respectively), and have even been made into a character in Street Fighter IV. The Electronic Entertainment Exposition, also known as E3, is a place I have frequented for what 2010 will be my 9th time (the first was back in 2000). And speaking of E3, thanks to it and other similar events over the years, I’ve had the pleasure of meeting dozens of awesome people in the industry. We share not just stories, but many pictures, and all of them will be available on the site, as well as information about each person, as a way to socially connect everyone. One time for instance, I brought my friends Charles Martinet and Tommy Tallarico together at an E3, and introduced the idea of Charles doing his Mario voice at Tommy’s Video Games Live event. Such team-ups would be fun to see and I’m sure that having such a big pool of talent in one place would bring forth all sorts of possibilities.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Nintendo is always fun to watch because like you said, we never know what to expect. Even if we know a new console will be revealed, we have no idea exactly what it will bring to the table.

Microsoft should hire Ninjas.

BY2K said:
Nintendo is always fun to watch because like you said, we never know what to expect. Even if we know a new console will be revealed, we have no idea exactly what it will bring to the table.

Microsoft should hire Ninjas.

MS is just too big for that to work. Nintendo is able to keep most of their secrets because they are a relatively small company (in terms of employees, anyway).
Hell, the only reason we know about the Cafe at all is because Ubisoft has a big mouth and loves to talk about what they're working on.

Man, he makes it sound like they put him into Street Fighter as a main character due to his contacts and how much Capcom likes him...but I looked it up, he's a background character in one of the stages because he won a contest Capcom was holding called "Be in the Game"

Regardless of how full of shit he might be, he's likely close to the truth.
Based on everything we've heard, the Cafe will certainly be closer to next gen than this gen.
We shall see!

Eradicate

According to Wookieepedia, Paul Gale played Itchy in The Star Wars Holiday Special.

8.gif

"I was in Street Fighter!"

Edit: Apparently hotlinking is for monkeys.

AceBandage said:
Regardless of how full of shit he might be, he's likely close to the truth.
Based on everything we've heard, the Cafe will certainly be closer to next gen than this gen.
We shall see!
I hope saying stuff like this doesn't make everyone's expectations so high. I hate it when we get disappointed from high expectations.

I also hate it when we already know a lot about something from leaks (such as the PSP Go). I'm glad Nintendo hasn't had such leaks.

ashbash159 said:
I hope saying stuff like this doesn't make everyone's expectations so high. I hate it when we get disappointed from high expectations.

I also hate it when we already know a lot about something from leaks (such as the PSP Go). I'm glad Nintendo hasn't had such leaks.

How about this. Keep expectations high, but don't be so attached to a conference that you become depressed by it not meeting those expectations.
It's really not hard.
:p
Live life, people! Low expectations are just a burden! Let the imaginations fly!

NateDrake

Dreamwriter said:
Man, he makes it sound like they put him into Street Fighter as a main character due to his contacts and how much Capcom likes him...but I looked it up, he's a background character in one of the stages because he won a contest Capcom was holding called "Be in the Game"
So he is something no one would notice unless told. Cool!

I assume that if the secret feature is important we won't see it at E3. Nintendo doesn't like the thought of the competition stealing ideas.

I'm still keeping my expectations fairly low, in all areas related to Project Cafe, from tech-specs to the controller, to the games that get shown and/or announced. I still have my hopes though.
I still hope that Cafe has superior graphics performance compared to 360/PS3, and more RAM. I hope the controller is comfortable, fuctional and innovative. I hope the online aspect is a step up from Wii and 3DS (it should be). I hope lots of great games are at least announced. Still, I have to keep all of this in check. I really hate being disappointed, as we all do.

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
I just want to play some HD Nintendo games. In particular I want Smash with competent online play. Anything other than that is gravy.

The only thing i'm really hoping for is upscaling for Wii and Gamecube games. I haven't played my Wii since 2008 and even then it was just for a few hours of Smash Bros. I can't stand how terrible it looks on HDTV's. If Nintendo announces that it would basically be like announcing 3 consoles because I can finally play 3 consoles worth of games without cringing and getting a headache.

comedy bomb said:
I assume that if the secret feature is important we won't see it at E3. Nintendo doesn't like the thought of the competition stealing ideas.
Nah - neither of the competitors are coming out with any next-gen systems anytime soon, and by the time they do come out the Cafe will have been out for a while anyways.

Grok4Spock

AceBandage said:
How about this. Keep expectations high, but don't be so attached to a conference that you become depressed by it not meeting those expectations.
It's really not hard.
:p
Live life, people! Low expectations are just a burden! Let the imaginations fly!
That's what I'm doing... Gonna take in what Nintendo has to show, then kinda let sink in a bit.. If Nintendo's E3 webshow is as awesome as last year's, it will be taking up most of my day..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom