• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Cafe Rumor Cafe [Weinerpoop Post 7513]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
Current is obviously a derivative of Stream, why would that be the case if Stream was fake?

Desperado

That is the opposite direction of where they were going with SMG -> SMG2. (Less exploration, more emphasis on getting into the level and action quickly.) I guess it's possible, but I doubt they want Mario to go any more towards adventure than SM64. They have Zelda for that.

Sounds plausible to me.

I guess we'll see of course. But there's nothing about that post that screamed fake to me, apart from it being totally unverifiable.

If I were under NDA and wanted to share the info, 4chan is certainly where I'd go.

The Galaxy games are my two favorite games of this generation and I loved the focus of their levels but an open-world Mario game with no 'levels' or hub sounds fantastic. Would love to explore the Mushroom Kingdom.

It is almost definitely fake but I will dream about it being real just for tonight and be pleasantly surprised if it gets unveiled.

Anybody get a chance to look at IGN's E3 schedule? I know that one dude told us to stick to the site come tuesday and wednesday evening and if the schedule that they released is anything to go by then we may have three games on the Cafe that will not be revealed tuesday afternoon during the nintendo presser.

Two are sequels and one is a remake. Fuck it. I'm thinking ALTTP remake, SSB4, and i'm shot for the other super secret sequel.

My references for clarification:
http://wii.ign.com/articles/117/1172273p3.html

and
http://games.ign.com/articles/117/1172302p1.html

Sorry if this has already been discussed. I've been off doing a 100 percent completion run on ff7 to pass the time

I mean TWO nintendo roundtables. Nintendo either has a winner on their hands or they are just doing some mega trolling with Wii Music 2

AMD_Rick_Bergman_Trinity_AP.jpg

amd_computex_client_roadmap.jpg

Hope it's this.

HD7550 IGP ~ HD4850 (RV770)

Instro

DragonKnight said:
Anybody get a chance to look at IGN's E3 schedule? I know that one dude told us to stick to the site come tuesday and wednesday evening and if the schedule that they released is anything to go by then we may have three games on the Cafe that will not be revealed tuesday afternoon during the nintendo presser.

Two are sequels and one is a remake. Fuck it. I'm thinking ALTTP remake, SSB4, and i'm shot for the other super secret sequel.

and

Sorry if this has already been discussed. I've been off doing a 100 percent completion run on ff7 to pass the time

I mean TWO nintendo roundtables. Nintendo either has a winner on their hands or they are just doing some mega trolling with Wii Music 2

Doesn't necessarily mean those secret titles are Nintendo related.

antonz

Instro said:
Thats true but IGN guy did say in those general time periods to keep an eye out for big news Nintendo wise

Instro said:

Right...but their site does tell us to tune in on tuesday and wednesday afternoon for info outside of the nintendo presser. It's really just food for thought. And that's why I said "fuck it"; it could be nintendo related or not but it's too close and i'm too hype to care.

Instro

antonz said:
Thats true but IGN guy did say in those general time periods to keep an eye out for big news Nintendo wise

True, but 3 games being announced after the conference seems like a lot. Heres hoping though!

jwluther

JohnTinker said:
So then, Current or Stream?
This isn't the first time we've seen the name "Current" used in a rumor. It's also the name another guy at 4chan said he saw in an ESRB video.

Still probably fake, though.

NateDrake

DragonKnight said:
Right...but their site does tell us to tune in on tuesday and wednesday afternoon for info outside of the nintendo presser. It's really just food for thought. And that's why I said "fuck it"; it could be nintendo related or not but it's too close and i'm too hype to care.
On Wednesday Nintendo is holding a second developer roundtable that is said to be focused around a third-party developer.

Big One

Banned
civilstrife said:
I think Nintendo will reveal New Super Mario Bros 2... for the Wii.

I think they'll use it to fill in the gap before Cafe.
Probably if that sheet is legit.

We already know for fact that Cafe is coming in the middle of next year, so there'll be quite some time to spare after Skyward Sword is released.

Shikimaru Ninja confirmed Wii Relax for 2012 release, so they really HAVE to have something else after.

Krowley

_Alkaline_ said:
Why the fuck would anyone want an open-world Mario?

because it could be amazing if it was well designed.

Imagine the large free-roaming levels of mario 64, only there's just one big level that goes on and on.... changing from one kind of terrain and environment to another in an organic way, and you have to platform to make your way through the world with enemies and towns and ect....

It is pure sex.

Foffy

Banned
antonz said:

Nintendo usually has their Roundtable events after their conferences. Maybe that's what they're talking about?

We learned about the Ocarina remake from that event last year.

antonz

Foffy said:
Nintendo usually has their Roundtable events after their conferences. Maybe that's what they're talking about?

We learned about the Ocarina remake from that event last year.
Well the word has been they have 2 roundtables this year

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
My final guess on the controller before Tuesday or any real leaks. It's a 6 inch touch pad ala laptops or drawing tablet. The screen is either a mistranslation or a bs rumor.

Vanille

Big One said:
Probably if that sheet is legit.

We already know for fact that Cafe is coming in the middle of next year, so there'll be quite some time to spare after Skyward Sword is released.

Shikimaru Ninja confirmed Wii Relax for 2012 release, so they really HAVE to have something else after.

I doubt it will be anywhere near as high profile as NSMB2, though. Nintendo managed to get through the first half of this year releasing basically nothing.

Foffy

Banned
antonz said:
Well the word has been they have 2 roundtables this year

I assume they should. We know that there are still DS and Wii games coming from Nintendo, and I doubt Nintendo will have enough time to talk about Cafe/Wii/3DS/DS games in one conference, let alone a single Roundtable. One will clearly focus on Cafe.

Truth101

Banned
Doc Holliday said:
My final guess on the controller before Tuesday or any real leaks. It's a 6 inch touch pad ala laptops or drawing tablet. The screen is either a mistranslation or a bs rumor.

If it is just a drawing pad how would you stream the game to the controller?

Big One

Banned
Doc Holliday said:
Nope not even close

dwu8991

Banned
I'm going to suffer a nervous breakdown if the Super Mario World 3 Rumours don't come true!
Its everything I want in a 3D mario game, open world plus yoshi train. The Super Mario World Series has got to be next after mario bros wii!

Trurl

Banned
Doc Holliday said:
What if instead of a video screen it's actually the metal mesh kind of screen?

Triton55

Krowley said:
because it could be amazing if it was well designed.

Imagine the large free-roaming levels of mario 64, only there's just one big level that goes on and on.... changing from one kind of terrain and environment to another in an organic way, and you have to platform to make your way through the world with enemies and towns and ect....

It is pure sex.
I'd play the shit out of it either way, but I think an open world would make more sense for a Mario RPG. Paper Mario is still the closest we've gotten to freely exploring the Mushroom Kingdom.
Wasn't one of the biggest complaints about Galaxy how long it took to get to a level? I guess it still might work if you had a bunch of pipes around a Toad Town hub leading to each different area.

GCX

Foffy said:
I assume they should. We know that there are still DS and Wii games coming from Nintendo, and I doubt Nintendo will have enough time to talk about Cafe/Wii/3DS/DS games in one conference, let alone a single Roundtable. One will clearly focus on Cafe.
Beside that one Kirby game, are there any other DS games in development by Nintendo?

I think what stops me from dismissing that 4chan post entirely is that it's not over the top. The fact that he/she said the graphics were great but similar to galaxy with subtleties is a great testament to either the poster being extremely good at creating fake news, or the news being at least a half truth.

That said, I don't feel that a completely open world would be anything to be too excited about - I'd much prefer SM64 style hub with massive segregated levels. Anyway, the post could be entirely fake but I won't dismiss it entirely - as it's a perfectly reasonable take on a Mario game on stronger hardware.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Truth101 said:
If it is just a drawing pad how would you stream the game to the controller?

That's what I mean I don't there's a screen or streaming of games to the gamepads. The practicality and the economics don't make sense to me. But what do I know :D

Foffy

Banned
GCX said:
Beside that one Kirby game, are there any other DS games in development by Nintendo?

In development? I'm not sure. But for games they could localize, there's a few. The most recent Fire Emblem is an example of this, as well as Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 and Professor Layton 4, games from franchises Nintendo has published themselves for other companies.

Big One

Banned
Doc Holliday said:
That's what I mean I don't there's a screen or streaming of games to the gamepads. The practicality and the economics don't make sense to me. But what do I know :D
That's too bad cause it's confirmed to have a screen with the ability to stream games.

it isn't a rumor or mistranslation, Nikkei confirmed it.

Trurl

Banned
Stripper13 said:
I think what stops me from dismissing that 4chan post entirely is that it's not over the top. The fact that he/she said the graphics were great but similar to galaxy with subtleties is a great testament to either the poster being extremely good at creating fake news, or the news being at least a half truth.
No, that and the poster writing something to the effect "I know, it's a stupid name, lol" were just cheap ways to seem credible.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Lupin the Wolf said:
Interesting how the name "Nintendo Feel" is more credible to them than "Nintendo Stream." Unless that touch-screen is haptic, like the Feel rumor suggested (which I find very doubtful), there's no way they're calling it Feel. Between those two, Stream is definitely more appropriate. Even if I don't like the urine theme.
The really strange thing is how they have haptics (which is the only thing that would make 'Feel' make sense) under 'doubtful', but streaming to the controller listed as near certain. Just doesn't add up.
1-D_FTW said:
You over-thinking this way too much. Playstation is a horrible name. Play Station? If Nintendo came out with a new system that used that name, it'd be ridiculed as kiddie. In fact, Sony was heavily debating changing the name for the US release for this very reason. They didn't want the kiddie stigma that the name suggested. Play Station is from the old days of Game Boy. Pretty much any name becomes mainstream and acceptable if the games make it a success.
I used to think of PlayStation as a 'Fisher Price' sounding brand, but the other day it occurred to me for the first time that it's a computer for games...therefore an inverse of a workstation...
whoa-neo018i6j.jpg

DragonKnight said:

and

The Nintendo stuff should be small roundtable events for journalists, like where they showed off OOT 3D last year, released the first art of Skyward Sword, confirmed Pikmin 3 and revealed SSBB.
Two roundtables makes sense this year since there's a lot to discuss with journalists. I bet one will focus on 3DS online infrastructure post update and software announcements and the other on Cafe.
IGN said they'll be liveblogging them, so they're not related to their video streams of demos from the show floor, which that schedule pertains to.
And I'm 90% sure the super secret remake is Halo: CE.

Krowley

Triton55 said:
I'd play the shit out of it either way, but I think an open world would make more sense for a Mario RPG. Paper Mario is still the closest we've gotten to freely exploring the Mushroom Kingdom.
Wasn't one of the biggest complaints about Galaxy how long it took to get to a level? I guess it still might work if you had a bunch of pipes around a Toad Town hub leading to each different area.

In a way this is like the opposite of Galaxy because the levels there were very self-contained and linear, just like 2d mario games.

This would be more in the style of mario 64 or Sunshine, only without a hub world. The player would be encouraged to explore and try to find different ways to solve challenges... The challenges themselves could be almost like GTA missions.. Or like some of the skateboard challenges in the free-roaming tony Hawk games. So it would have the equivalent of levels, but it would also be fun to just dick around and mess with Mario. Fast travel would open up to different areas as you progressed through the game, but it would also be possible to simply travel the slow way, allowing the discovery of secret shit, like warps to distant areas and power-ups.

Keyouta

I hope the console is reasonably powerful. Enough to receive ports from Sony and Microsoft's next generation consoles.

Krowley

Krev said:
The really strange thing is how they have haptics (which is the only thing that would make 'Feel' make sense) under 'doubtful', but streaming to the controller listed as near certain. Just doesn't add up.

I used to think of PlayStation as a 'Fisher Price' sounding brand, but the other day it occurred to me for the first time that it's a computer for games...therefore an inverse of a workstation...
whoa-neo018i6j.jpg

The Nintendo stuff should be small roundtable events for journalists, like where they showed off OOT 3D last year, released the first art of Skyward Sword, confirmed Pikmin 3 and revealed SSBB.
Two roundtables makes sense this year since there's a lot to discuss with journalists. I bet one will focus on 3DS online infrastructure post update and software announcements and the other on Cafe.
IGN said they'll be liveblogging them, so they're not related to their video streams of demos from the show floor, which that schedule pertains to.
And I'm 90% sure the super secret remake is Halo: CE.

If I had money, I would bet you a dollar that the remake is Zelda 1. Some sort of re-imagining of zelda 1 for the 25th anniversary. Not even a straight up remake (because the gameplay is probably too primitive).

guek

Banned
If those rumors from 4cahn posted by the supposed ESRB guy turn out to be true, I wouldn't be surprised if nintendo was completely abandoning the wii for the rest of the year outside of some localizations and skyward sword. Zelda, Xenoblade, Last Story, Pandora's Tower, and Wii Play:Motion are only 5 games but coupled with a price cut to $100 and at least one more unknown worthwhile game, the wii could probably survive on life support until the cafe comes out next year. The sooner they launch though, the better.

My only real question concerning the wii is what the hell happened to DQX??

The Hermit

wtf...

Oh God, if this Mario rumor is real... Jesus.
Honestly I think I will piss myself when I see a proper HD Mario. 60 hours...just 60 hours

I don't like the sound of the IGN schedule.. they're only going to profile a couple of Cafe games? I know its a year away.. but.. yeah. I want endless coverage. Coverage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom