• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Cafe Rumor Cafe [Weinerpoop Post 7513]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krowley

I'm still not exactly sure why we should believe the cactus guy. Everything about his posts smell like explicit fakery to me.

He got something right about a contra game?

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
JohnTinker said:
Wait a minute, I see cactus's post about Contra, but where was that in Konami's conference?
Their E3 video ended with a teaser with the fiery C logo.

Vespene

JohnTinker said:
Wait a minute, I see cactus's post about Contra, but where was that in Konami's conference?

E3-2011-Konami-teases-Contra-1070284.jpg

Chiggs

Gold Member
Krowley said:
I'm still not exactly sure why we should believe the cactus guy. Everything about his posts smell like explicit fakery to me.

He got something right about a contra game?

I think he has something of a reputation with this sort of thing.

But if he's wrong, none of us are actually losing anything, so no big deal. Unless you place bets on E3 stuff with Vegas.

Dreamwriter said:
Nope, nor do they rate games that are more than 6 months away from release (he said they had to review the trailer because some of those unannounced games were rated Teen and Mature). So his whole thing is fake.

The ESRB is ALL about rating games. Not videos, not commercials, games. It's not like the movie rating system where move previews get rated. And it costs a few hundred dollars to get them to rate your game, so companies wouldn't voluntarily pay them for something stupid that won't affect anything (parents will see the rating of a trailer at the E3 press conference?)
Few hundred? Man, the place I worked at was overpaying a lot, then. :p

Krowley

Chiggs said:
I think he has something of a reputation with this sort of thing.

But if he's wrong, none of us are actually losing anything, so no big deal. Unless you place bets on E3 stuff at Vegas.

Well, yeah... It doesn't hurt anything. I'm just trying to figure out how much credibility he has.

Foffy

Banned
Krowley said:
Well, yeah... It doesn't hurt anything. I'm just trying to figure out how much credibility he has.

I question it only because of the Pikmin and Kirby reports. They're underlined, so I guess they're implied to be true..but the thing is we have no proof of this.

Dreamwriter said:
Nope, nor do they rate games that are more than 6 months away from release (he said they had to review the trailer because some of those unannounced games were rated Teen and Mature). So his whole thing is fake.

The ESRB is ALL about rating games. Not videos, not commercials, games. It's not like the movie rating system where move previews get rated. And it costs a few hundred dollars to get them to rate your game, so companies wouldn't voluntarily pay them for something stupid that won't affect anything (parents will see the rating of a trailer at the E3 press conference?)

Well what do ya know, I was wrong!

ESRB said:
In fulfilling a key aspect of the self-regulatory mission of the ESRB, the Advertising Review Council (“ARC”) is responsible for the implementation, administration, and enforcement of advertising guidelines adopted by the interactive entertainment software industry.

Therefore, all materials produced and distributed by a company for promotional purposes (including demos, trailers, or videos), regardless of whether the company paid for media placement, will be considered “qualifying advertising” and subject to the same standards and review.

When conducting a compliance review, ARC will examine whether an advertisement meets and conforms to the following Principles, with particular focus on whether it satisfies the following core Guidelines. In so doing, ARC will consider both the spirit as well as the specific text of these Principles and Guidelines.

Companies must not specifically target advertising for entertainment software products rated “Teen,” “Mature,” or “Adults Only” to consumers for whom the product is not rated as appropriate.

I'm completely wrong, that last point sounds very much like what Cactus described. Nintendo's games reel supposedly includes Teen and Mature games, so the ESRB would have to review the video to make sure it wasn't trying to sell those specific games to little kids.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Error Macro said:
I have no idea about all this Cactus business...I'm going to try to clear it from my mind and forget I read about it; I want to be completely surprised on Tuesday!

Hence, I will be going on a total media blackout starting right...NOW!

You don't have the guts to stay away!

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Have we ever had "ESRB INSIDER" leaks outside of titles going up on the online database too early? I can't ever recall a time before

antonz

JohnTinker said:
Have we ever had "ESRB INSIDER" leaks outside of titles going up on the online database too early? I can't ever recall a time before
well its not really a database leak. What hes saying is the Montage reel that Nintendo plans to show was rated and during the process he got to peek at it.

Beth Cyra

I'm just going to believe he's wrong because I really hope he is.

Never wanted a remake of that game, and I much prefer the Mario Galaxy style of things then a giant open world so this would kinda suck for me.

Krowley

Dreamwriter said:

I'm completely wrong, that last point sounds very much like what Cactus described. Nintendo's games reel supposedly includes Teen and Mature games, so the ESRB would have to review the video to make sure it wasn't trying to sell those specific games to little kids.

Ok... credibility rises a notch. Interesting.

It's especially interesting because what he's talking about isn't actually common knowledge at all. Nobody here on GAF even knew the ERSB did this kind of thing which adds credence to the idea that he has an uncommon amount of knowledge about the stuff that goes on there.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Dreamwriter said:

I recall last year it took a while for the DNF trailer shown at PAX to make its way online because there were concerns ESRB wouldn't approve it.
civilstrife said:
Yeah, everything about Cactus seems to be legit.

Especially since his Contra prediction seems to have come true.
Everything...except for his saying 'oh yeah, that's definitely what it's called' when a troll pointed out the listing for [URL="http://www.zelda.com/universe/]Zelda Universe[/URL].

But something is definitely up with Contra and Snatcher, so maybe the guy is legit.

Foffy

Banned
civilstrife said:

But again...why are things that have not been proven underlined? Doesn't that mean that they've been hinted at or confirmed?

antonz

civilstrife said:

If its mostly legit thats another source saying GTAV will be announced at the Nintendo conference

Dreamwriter said:

Interesting. Thanks for clearing that up!

If this guy is legit, I'm inclined to believe that Current is indeed the final name and not just another temp name. After all, the promotional vids reviewed by ESRB would obviously contain the console's final name.

I like it much better than Stream.

J-Rock

Banned
Dreamwriter said:

The plot thickens. This shit is getting weird.

Man, I mainly just want that SMW3 game to be real. Throw in some Pikmin and Nintendo will get my money day 1.

SSB 4? All the other cool shit on that list. Icing on cake.

Vespene

Also remember that announcements in these press conferences are pretty fluid. They might add or pull debuts depending on the air surrounding the competition. I don't think Nintendo has many punches to pull though. The conference will probably be 25% Wii, 35% 3DS and 40% Cafe.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
GT Vespene said:
Also remember that announcements in these press conferences are pretty fluid. They might add or pull debuts depending on the air surrounding the competition. I don't think Nintendo has many punches to pull though. The conference will probably be 25% Wii, 35% 3DS and 40% Cafe.
Nintendo need to come out swinging. I'm sure they know this.

antonz

I wouldnt say any major announcements are pretty fluid anyways. If Nintendo secures GTAV announcement level things etc these have been secured for awhile now.

dwu8991

Banned
BertramCooper said:
Interesting. Thanks for clearing that up!

If this guy is legit, I'm inclined to believe that Current is indeed the final name and not just another temp name. After all, the promotional vids reviewed by ESRB would obviously contain the console's final name.

I like it much better than Stream.

You must be crazy to think Nintendo would name a console "current".

Vespene

antonz said:
I wouldnt say any major announcements are pretty fluid anyways. If Nintendo secures GTAV announcement level things etc these have been secured for awhile now.

Some of the announcements are decided at the last minute. Of course some things like platform debuts are things the entire event is built around and those are planned well in advance. Whenever you see the wall of logos or certain trailers, all those things are subject to change at any moment.

The Cactus thing becomes unnecessarily vague and ignorant inconsistently.

This guy knows the history of Kirby GC, knows the difference between Persona and Devil Summoner (but can't tell at a glance), knows of both Front Mission and Armored Core, but can't tell the difference between Tekken and Street Fighter x Tekken? They don't look anything alike!

Also, a Ridge Racer game not at launch?

A separate Metal Gear game being developed with a female protagonist seems unlikely. Who would be developing it? KojiPro is basically tied up at the moment between Rising and the next-gen game Kojima is making but is not ready to announce.

I am not sure what the "Sonic for PS3" is supposed to be. Sonic 2006? That just screams fake.

Not sure if the NBA Jam thing is a joke or not.

L00P

The cactus post is amazing. I can't come up with all of that even if I tried!

I don't really care if he's lying or not. What he said was interesting.

J-Rock

Banned
dwu8991 said:

You shouldn't be so quick to call someone crazy around here. You believe that fake ass Cafe college video was real.

Beth Cyra

dwu8991 said:
Most people would have said the exact same thing before Wii was announced.

Not that I believe it, but trying to say Nintendo would or wouldn't use a stupid name is pointless after that nonsense.

antonz

ShockingAlberto said:

This guy knows the history of Kirby GC, knows the difference between Persona and Devil Summoner (but can't tell at a glance), knows of both Front Mission and Armored Core, but can't tell the difference between Tekken and Street Fighter x Tekken? They don't look anything alike!

A separate Metal Gear game being developed with a female protagonist seems unlikely. Who would be developing it? KojiPro is basically tied up at the moment between Rising and the next-gen game Kojima is making but is not ready to announce.

I am not sure what the "Sonic for PS3" is supposed to be. Sonic 2006? That just screams fake.

Raiden can pass for a female pretty easy to alot of people. Could just be a MGS Rising release

Foffy

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:

- Maybe he's not a fan of fighters, so he doesn't know his Kazama's from his Akuma's.

- What about that "edgy" RR game? That's not a launch title.

- There are rumors that KP isn't even involved with Rising anymore, and that it's been moved to Platinum Games.

- Could be Sonic 4: Episode II?

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
antonz said:
Raiden can pass for a female pretty easy to alot of people. Could just be a MGS Rising release
Based on what he knows about game history and his posting on /v/, I think he'd know MGS Rising when he saw it.
Unless Raiden has been Bayonetta'd and the whole thing looks radically different.
But Konami said news won't be coming till the end of the year, so I'd rule that out.

antonz said:
At what point do you know Metal Gear Solid but look at Raiden and go "Oh yeah, just gonna go ahead and say that's a woman."

ShockingAlberto said:

To be fair, the SFxTK game could be Tekken x Street Fighter, since it would have a similar style to Tekken instead of Street Fighter.

The Ridge Racer thing COULD be sarcasm since RR has been a launch game for the last 100 years. Or it could just be another generic racer.

The current rumour is that KojiPro isn't working on Rising anymore, Platinum is, so that could leave them free to work on MGS5/Female Girl lead game. Hell, it could even be Peace Walker be he confused the little girl with the lead character.

"Sonic for PS3" is more than likely going to be Sonic Generations since Sega hasn't announced a Sonic Anniversary game for the Wii, but did so, strangely, for the 3DS.

BertramCooper said:
I disagree. The system isn't coming out until next year, Nintendo has plenty of time to announce the final name later. They've had E3 press conferences before using code names. They didn't announce the name "Wii" at E3 - in fact, they didn't even have an event for that one, they just up and announced it, surprising everyone.

My head believes the ESRB list because of that snatcher episode 2 logo and contra, but my heart doesn't want to be disappointed. That list sounds amazing. I'll be horribly let down if there's no new Suda51 game, though.

miksar

"Current" is probably to show that Nintendo keeps up with the times and it will be the most advanced home console when it is released.

The System:

- Uses a custom IBM triple-core CPU running at 3.6GHz per core

We need to know what architecture this is. Is it like Xbox 360's Xenon PPEs, or is it Power5/6/7 or something else. 'IBM triple-core CPU running at 3.6 GHz per core' means very little.

- The development kit contains 1gb RAM, but Nintendo have hinted that the console will actually have 1.5gb

That really sweet, if true. Now we need to know what type of RAM is being used. GDDR5? XDR2? 1T-SRAM? Embedded RAM? Anyway, 1.5 GigaBytes of RAM would be awesome, that's 3x more than either Xbox 360 or PlayStation3.

- Nintendo will be releasing games that will run 1080p natively. Sources say that with Nintendo’s art style and the poewer the system, the games look ‘stunning’.

That's indeed great news if true.

- The system does run on AMD R700 card, but the architecture is slightly different and the clock speeds are much higher.

We need to know specifically what GPU within the R700 family is being used. The R700 family spans from 80 to 800 (or more) stream processors. We need to know the number of render back-ends (ROPs) the amount of texture units, the bus width/bandwidth. The CPU core clockspeed means next to nothing without knowing the architecture.

- Nintendo will release a Mario platformer as a launch title which hasn’t been done since the N64.

Awesome, if true.

- The Mario platformer looks to be the spiritual successor to Mario 64.

That's really nice, although I prefer Galaxy more.

- Gamefreak and EAD are hard at work developing a Pokemon online RPG.
- The Pokemon RPG is not an MMO, but does have a large online emphasis and will be Nintendo’s flagship title when showing off the online capabilities of the console.

Very, very interesting. I hope the old GameCube tech-demo shown at Spaceworld 2000, Meowth's Party, is not lost on the development team. If it happens, it might be the first Pokemon game I decide to play.

- There will be at least one new IP Nintendo will reveal at E3.

Good. Great. I hope this mystery game becomes a legend.

- Nintendo is working on a new Zelda, but didn’t reveal anything to developers.

I am so much looking forward to an HD Zelda on Cafe, even though it's no doubt YEARS away.
Hopefully we'll get a rolling demo, but I kinda doubt it. Nintendo needs to save something for E3 2012. I hope it's similar in style to Twilight Princess. I would even love a direct sequel. I'm all for something entirely new though.

- Nintendo have sourced an external company to develop their online network, which the developer has commented, surpasses both the PS3 and 360 in terms of speed and functionality.
- Nintendo is pushing for the console to be online 24/7 and have seamless online integration with many of their games

Many people here hope & pray this is all true. I'd be happy too.

- Rockstar are supposedly hard at work in bringing on of their “most popular” titles to the console.

GTAV get!

Instro

ShockingAlberto said:

Thats my problem with the whole thing, I mean assuming they were given a video thats to be used at the E3 conference, wouldn't all the games in said video be labeled?

His mention of Contra and Snatcher gives it some credibility but that could just be blind luck.

Sciz

GT Vespene said:
I'm pretty sure that isn't happening.
Sega confirmed that it was under production not too long ago. No matter what people think of the first episode, it sold well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom