• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Cafe Rumor Cafe [Weinerpoop Post 7513]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vespene

If a Nintendo console becomes the PS2 of this generation (winning both hardcore and casual) then we might enjoy another golden era not seen since the SNES.

Vespene

ferr said:
Yes.. first nintendo wii, now nintendo current.. their wii is much stronger now, creates a current.

I think that's the concept behind the brand, as there's a current of media being fed between the network, console and controller. Many quickly assume the name harkens to the current tense meaning of the word.

ferr

GT Vespene said:
I think that's the concept behind the brand, as there's a current of media being fed between the network, console and controller. Many quickly assume the name harkens to the current tense meaning of the word.
Well I just meant it as they have high pressure urination.

Gravijah

GT Vespene said:
If a Nintendo console becomes the PS2 of this generation (winning both hardcore and casual) then we might enjoy another golden era not seen since the SNES.

Another PS2/SNES isn't going to happen.

Vespene

Anticitizen One said:
Nothing is impossible

You know what would troll the other companies really bad?

Most companies now days try to not put numbers on their brands that suggest they are a generation behind the competition. Sony not naming the NGP as PSP2 because its going against the 3DS for example. Well... what if Nintendo says "hey, this is our 6th console, so lets name it the NES-6!" Sony would look at the PS4 blueprints and go "fuck..."

Vespene

Lupin the Wolf said:
I dunno, the Wii sold pretty good, right?

(or did you mean across-the-board quality titles throughout its lifespan?)

A SNES/PS2 era = having a platform establish market dominance where 3rd party games flourish and enjoys legendary status 1st party support.

I want Ridge Racer 8 for Cafe, classic gameplay, incredible highly-detailed HD graphics.
1080p 60FPS like Ridge Racer 7 on PS3, but better. Launch game. Make it so, NAMCO.

The cactus stuff and rumors flying about are going to drive me mad. If things turn out favorably Nintendo may return to it's top dog status.

CANT HANDLE THIS ANYMORE!

Edit: This is really going overboard haha.

swerve

Dreamwriter said:
Well what do ya know, I was wrong!

I'm completely wrong, that last point sounds very much like what Cactus described. Nintendo's games reel supposedly includes Teen and Mature games, so the ESRB would have to review the video to make sure it wasn't trying to sell those specific games to little kids.

You're not wrong at all. They rate the games, and it's up to the publisher to ensure that *after that* the advertising, etc, is appropriately targeted.

They don't have to review every video or preview. Not only that, they are streamlining the process so that things are *self reviewed*. The likelihood of Nintendo sending their preview reel to the ESRB is zero.

ALSO IT'S CALLED STREAM.

seady

I just don't see a lot of 3rd party developers will put resources on a nintendo console. The top ones will rather wait until the PS4 or X720.

The most we would get from 3rd party would be enhanced version of multiplat games. Even so people would still buy the 360 or PS4 version due to friends on Live or achievement or something.

antonz

seady said:
I just don't see a lot of 3rd party developers will put resources on a nintendo console. The top ones will rather wait until the PS4 or X720.

The most we would get from 3rd party would be enhanced version of multiplat games. Even so people would still buy the 360 or PS4 version due to friends on Live or achievement or something.
It all depends on them being in the specs ballpark for PS4/720. Developers are not going to ignore a Hypothetical Cafe system that has a 15-20 million unit install base. If anything that 15-20 million install base will weigh heavily on developers

ShockingAlberto said:
At what point do you know Metal Gear Solid but look at Raiden and go "Oh yeah, just gonna go ahead and say that's a woman."

The point where she does naked cartwheels.

But given the Boss's horse shown off in the Fox engine, it's easy to put 2 and 2 together and say late 50's - early 60's Metal Gear.

The appearance of three different names(which are all probably wrong) says a lot about how good Nintendo is at hiding their secrets and building hype.

Jeeez

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
hipster-ariel-template.jpg

Too CURRENT!

Ake

Neo Member
Doesn't Cactus disprove herself when she states that the prerelease title for the 25th anniversary collection is called Zelda Universe in her last post? Considering we already know that Zelda Universe is website that has been there for years...

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
SolarPowered said:
The appearance of three different names(which are all probably wrong) says a lot about how good Nintendo is at hiding their secrets and building hype.

Jeeez
And I'm pretty sure the final name will be none of them :)

SolarPowered said:

Jeeez

Well, usually. Except in this case we knew a large amount of information about the console before Nintendo even announced they were working on it.

NEO0MJ

jump_button said:
Wii HD sound better, but then if they are trying something new, I think they not want Wii anywhere on it

Especially after the reaction to the 3DS. They have to differentiate them.

So does anyone think they will release detailed tech specs at E3, and i mean detailed as in CPU cores,clock speeds, Gfx card capabilities, RAM size....etc,etc?

Or are we just going to get the usual Nintendo line of keeping this stuff to themselves, because they see releasing such information as a distraction.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
DeFiBkIlLeR said:
So does anyone think they will release detailed tech specs at E3, and i mean detailed as in CPU cores,clock speeds, Gfx card capabilities, RAM size....etc,etc?

Or are we just going to get the usual Nintendo line of keeping this stuff to themselves, because they see releasing such information as a distraction.

We'll get a shot of the console, a code-name, and a video showing the faces of people enjoying it.

comedy bomb said:
I assume that if the secret feature is important we won't see it at E3. Nintendo doesn't like the thought of the competition stealing ideas.
They can't keep important things secret forever. The controller leaks are a prime example of this. Developers will need to be developing for it, and once that's happened the cat's out of the bag. The biggest revelation with Wii was the controller, and they showed that off 14 months prior to launch.

swerve

SolarPowered said:

Well, not really good at hiding secrets.

Cafe *is* the development name, as found on the dev site. So, a leaked secret.

Stream *is* the current (lol) name, so that's not been very well hidden either. If your new machine's name is leaked by IGN, it's not much of a secret.

And Current is some fan idea possibly based on what it might be called if it's not called Stream.

Building hype, though. Sure. Masterful. But all Nintendo have to do is to stay quiet, and we (and 4Chan) do the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom