• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Cafe Rumor Cafe [Weinerpoop Post 7513]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope people going hands on with this thing keep their impressions in check. Hate to have Nintendo think they can over charge for it like the 3DS.

comedy bomb said:
I hope people going hands on with this thing keep their impressions in check. Hate to have Nintendo think they can over charge for it like the 3DS.

I think 3DS not meeting expectations so far already send that message.

AceBandage said:
I think 3DS not meeting expectations so far already send that message.

I expect a slight uptick in sales during June with the e shop, Zelda and Resident Evil coming out.

I hope Nintedo and third parties have some good stuff lined up for the 3DS this year though, it needs a shot in the arm already.

comedy bomb said:
I expect a slight uptick in sales during June with the e shop, Zelda and Resident Evil coming out.

I hope Nintedo and third parties have some good stuff lined up for the 3DS this year though, it needs a shot in the arm already.

Level 5 better announce some of their games for NA release.

comedy bomb said:
I assume that if the secret feature is important we won't see it at E3. Nintendo doesn't like the thought of the competition stealing ideas.
Hasn't it been known for a while that Cafe will be fully playable at E3?

Meaning we'll already be seeing demos of games that are deep into development?

BY2K

Membero Americo
BertramCooper said:
Hasn't it been known for a while that Cafe will be fully playable at E3?

Meaning we'll already be seeing demos of games that are deep into development?

This fact seems to be overlooked/forgotten a lot.

Just because the system is playable doesn't mean we'll see all of the features. If Nintendo wanted to the secret feature could be something that only they have access to for the near future.

supabrett said:
DEAD-DEE-KAY-SHUN

I hope this E3 is awesome for your sake.

I hope their entire E3 presentation goes like this:

Reggie walks out on stage, farts into a microphone, then confetti falls from the ceiling and the curtains come down while Yakety Sax plays on for twenty minutes.

antonz

comedy bomb said:
Just because the system is playable doesn't mean we'll see all of the features. If Nintendo wanted to the secret feature could be something that only they have access to for the near future.

Well the Secret Feature is known by people. I think the issue is the secret feature is something that the leak sources just arent putting out to spoil it all.

01net indicated they knew the secret but it was something they werent willing to reveal. A few others have teased there is a secret feature fans will love

BY2K

Membero Americo
antonz said:
Well the Secret Feature is known by people. I think the issue is the secret feature is something that the leak sources just arent putting out to spoil it all.

01net indicated they knew the secret but it was something they werent willing to reveal. A few others have teased there is a secret feature fans will love

I keep having the feeling it's gonna be HD Upscale for NGC and Wii games. No HD Collections required.

Linkup

comedy bomb said:
Wonder if we'll see any of the HD collections show up on Cafe? Maybe the MGS one including Twin Snakes?

Demographic won't be there, so after the early tests fail we won't see jack. If the 3DS is any indication then third parties are going to make the nintendo console a place for them to toss their crap/ports and hope for the best while they spam copycats of whatever nintendo makes popular on the system just so they can eat up whatever scraps nintendo leaves behind.

A bunch of old 360/PS3 port is not what the Cafe is going to need. It's just repeating the last generation just as PSV is doing.

I'm thinking the touchscreen controller with ability to play without TV is the only secret, some site is just being hopeful that there's more/disappointed that that's all it was.

That or autostereoscopic 3D on the controller.

comedy bomb said:
I don't see any reason for Nintendo to hold anything back.

Microsoft and Sony are still a long way off from releasing their consoles. If they want to copy Nintendo, they're going to copy Nintendo. Nintendo doesn't gain anything by withholding features for a few extra months.

Ydahs

So glad tomorrow and Tuesday I have exams (well, not really, can't study).

Wednesday morning (Aus) will be here in no time.

BY2K said:
No HD Collections required.

Except for stuff that never released on a Nintendo console.

Demographic won't be there, so after the early tests fail we won't see jack. If the 3DS is any indication then third parties are going to make the nintendo console a place for them to toss their crap/ports and hope for the best while they spam copycats of whatever nintendo makes popular on the system just so they can eat up whatever scraps nintendo leaves behind.

A bunch of old 360/PS3 port is not what the Cafe is going to need. It's just repeating the last generation just as PSV is doing.

I dunno, I think if you want to build a fan base for say Zone of the Enders 3, shipping the first two out wouldn't be the worst idea. Then again all logic tends to go out the window when 3rd parties make decisions regarding Nintendo.

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
IIRC the speaker on the Wiimote was also teased as a secret feature. I wouldn't get your hopes up, if there was anything else particularly amazing it would already have been leaked.

mj1108

Error Macro said:
I hope their entire E3 presentation goes like this:

Reggie walks out on stage, farts into a microphone, then confetti falls from the ceiling and the curtains come down while Yakety Sax plays on for twenty minutes.

....and it will still probably be better than Sony and Microsoft's conferences.

mj1108

User33 said:
So...anybody want to take guesses on how expensive the controllers will be?

Considering Nintendo will be buying components in the millions and the system is still a good year away from launch, I'd like to think they'd be able to get the price of the controllers down to $50-$60.

BY2K said:
I keep having the feeling it's gonna be HD Upscale for NGC and Wii games. No HD Collections required.

I have the VDIGI Wii 1080p Upscaler. It's not what you think it is, it just basically tries to reproduce the original signal as good as possible on your TV compared to if it was on a native 640x480 display. On my TV it definitely makes the picture clearer, but has no effect on jaggies.

HD collections obviously would make the games true HD.

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
Nintendo is going to have to be willing to not make much if any profit on selling these controllers. It's just a question of how low they're willing to go.

Linkup

big_z said:
Whatever the combined price of a wii nunchuck and wiimote is plus ten dollars.

Which is actually only $60 with the added ten, same price of a wiimote and nunchuck 5 years ago.

comedy bomb said:
I don't know about other places like Europe, but the US price is perfect, and much less than people expected when they announced the Japanese price, taking the exchange rate into consideration. People just aren't interested due to lack of games and exposure. Most people I've actually shown it to think it's awesome. It hasn't failed yet: it still has years to go.

I also think the controller will be $50 or $60.

BertramCooper said:
[BEEP BEEP BEEP]

Sorry, you've all overbid.

I lol'd waaaayy too hard at this and "such a dick move."

Related TPIR moment:
Someone bid like, $500, then the next bidder did $501, and the next did $502. Drew called the middle one out: "Wow, live by the sword, die by the sword, huh?"

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Fakest thing ever. But theoretically. I am sure Nintendo's marketing people would love to release a game called Super Mario World 3. It just makes soo much sense to the average consumer.
sarcasm

KScorp

User33 said:
Alright, so I know this came from 4chan. I know there's a 99.99% chance this is fake. I just want to know what people think about the idea of an open world Mario

http://i.imgur.com/MJmjk.png/img]

Again, this is most likely [b]fake[/b]. I just want to know if people would be open to the idea should Nintendo decide to take the Mario series in that direction. The link was only posted in order to provide a basis for what the game might be like.[/QUOTE]

I like the sound of it personally, but that sounds more like something I'd expect from Zelda. Also, direct sequel to Mario 64? Without a hub world?

Although I do wonder where those images are from.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Night of the First Day
moon+majora.jpg

- 60 Hours Remain -

Penguin

KScorp said:
I like the sound of it personally, but that sounds more like something I'd expect from Zelda. Also, direct sequel to Mario 64? Without a hub world?

Although I do wonder where those images are from.

Two of them are from Deviant Art, the second one was my wallpaper like 2 years ago.

The idea of the game sounds cool, not sure if it needs Mario though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom