• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Eve - PlayStation Showcase 2021 | PS5

Rikku-X

tumblr_pphyw2im5s1xip8vbo1_540.gifv

Bkdk

FInally a step in the right direction for Sony. Glad they hear strong outrage towards serial ugly female chars, such a big killer to hype, returnal is so extreme that even die hard Sony fanboys can't stand it anymore longer playing as ugly grandma. This being included is by far the biggest surprise for me. Sony started their turnaround after crunchyroll it seems.

Didn't even saw the jiggle with all that horrible hair clipping
This may sound funny, but I actually commend them for giving her a unique hairstyle even with the clipping. Hairstyles is normally one of the most boring or safe things for most female protagonists these days imho.

Reactions: Isa

Keihart

This may sound funny, but I actually commend them for giving her a unique hairstyle even with the clipping. Hairstyles is normally one of the most boring or safe things for most female protagonists these days imho.
Doesn't seem unique to me, looks like a jankier version of Bayo's hair in the first game, but aesthetics are subjective i guess.
I think the game looks aesthetically bad, in a lack of creativity and derivative way.

iHaunter

Didn't even saw the jiggle with all that horrible hair clipping
This is when the game was early in development I think. Hopefully that's fixed.

AdvancedMassiveAmericancicada.webp

dnVE5DO.jpg
5xoFlTw.jpg
O72is7m.jpg
nYfCHlH.jpg

RIP Tomb Raider, Bayonetta, Samus Metroid, Heavenly Sword, Chun Li, Nier 2B etc they wouldnt exist if people like Era took charge /have control
This is what virginity looks like. My ex loved KMMOs because the girls looked hot. She liked their booba jiggle more than I did. Do they believe if they say these things girls will flock to them and jump them? lol

Last edited:
Actually my issue with Forspoken is that it’s less of a Japanese game and it’s more of a Western one because:

Capcom learned the hard way to never entrust an entire IP to the hands of western developers during their dark age in the 7th console gen. They had a lot of hit and miss with DMC Devil May Cry by Ninja Theory, Lost Planet 3, Enslaved: Journey to the West (it wasn't that bad but nothing special), Bionic Commando reboot (burn it!), Umbrella Corps, Dark Void, Dead Rising 2, Resident Evil 6, Remember Me. All those were mid or trash-level games that in 2013 Capcom had to change their marketing strategy and stated Japan as its future in taking into consideration their development process, cutting all ties to their overseas contractors.

Said that I expect Square doesn't regret their decisions if this project fails miserably because "it was too different from their expectations".

Last edited:

kevm3

Those guys complaining about 'male gaze' are the same ones that were screaming 'ryuu dadddy' and all other sorts of nonsense when ryu was shown in sf 5 with the beard and shirtless. There's no complaint about all the muscular characters in videogames or the countless prettyboys. They just want to have an industry where everything is catered to homosexual males. If you watch reactions to Project Eve, you 'll see a lot of women actually LIKE the design because they actually like the fact she's a pretty woman.

treemk

Banned
Only game that was shown yesterday that I am looking forward too, this combat + Lovecraftian monsters is something I would play with any protagonist, but some sexiness is definitely a bonus.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
This has strong automata vibes... mankind gone, alien invasion, hot fighter descends from orbit to fight the aliens, has a robot companion...

Fbh

Is this a proper single player Korean game? Or will it somehow turn out to be a grindy MMO?

Am I the only one who thought this looked generic?

The setting and environments looks very generic. But these days we get so few good games in this style (Bayonetta/DMC style character action games) that I can easily look past that.

Last edited:

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
dnVE5DO.jpg
5xoFlTw.jpg
O72is7m.jpg
nYfCHlH.jpg

RIP Tomb Raider, Bayonetta, Samus Metroid, Heavenly Sword, Chun Li, Nier 2B etc they wouldnt exist if people like Era took charge /have control
WTF? This game is tame as fuck.
I would have given them a pass and maybe even some thumbs-ups if this was something like Dead or Alive Xtreme, but this game absolutely has nothing worth all this triggering.

I used to fucking post in that forum ffs. Don't know why I'm shocked.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Music sounds promising and I'm sure it will play well. It makes me wonder what the Nier: Automata developer is up to. That game grows on me more and more over time, mostly because of the atmosphere and soundtrack. Couldn't get into Replicant for the life of me though.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Korean game. Japan game is Forspoken which has gone completely woke route

Koreans and Chinese are here to save the day for gamers who like thick sexy chicks in games :p

What do you guys mean by the bolded? I have no clue how Forspoken went the "Woke" route.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Am I the only one who thought this looked generic?

Really? Hot girl, sweet action, monsters... Pretty formulaic right? Guess what, a good formula is a good formula and when said for formula is cloned it's inherently generic. It's about it's execution. You know this.

Hey bro about this CoD Vanguard
.. it's pretty generic or is it only me?

Longcat

Is this a proper single player Korean game? Or will it somehow turn out to be a grindy MMO?

The setting and environments looks very generic. But these days we get so few good games in this style (Bayonetta/DMC style character action games) that I can easily look past that.
I definitely got Bayo vibes from the trailer as well. But the gameplay looks more like a flashy souls-like to me, at least that's the impression I got from the boss battle video in post 112.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Is this how people feel when they don't get my jokes?!

So Reeeeeeee is having a fit over this? I almost want to take a peek but it's like watching Bill O'Reilly responding to a good argument; cringey, frustrating and leaving the scene sad and depressed.

I just can't handle such a worrisome display atm =/

I get REALLY angry reading such shit

I'll pass

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
So Reeeeeeee is having a fit over this? I almost want to take a peek but it's like watching Bill O'Reilly responding to a good argument; cringey, frustrating and leaving the scene sad and depressed.

I just can't handle such a worrisome display atm =/
I didn't checked but they are probably trying to cancel the dev as we speak.

Airbus Jr

Banned
WTF? This game is tame as fuck.
I would have given them a pass and maybe even some thumbs-ups if this was something like Dead or Alive Xtreme, but this game absolutely has nothing worth all this triggering.

I used to fucking post in that forum ffs. Don't know why I'm shocked.
It is the growing new age movement in north america/west europe

Where beautiful women condemned as sexist/slut and good looking strong male viewed as toxic masculinity

Be warry of these people

Asia are still safe ( so far )

Last edited:
Top Bottom