• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Versus J (JUMP crossover game) announced, for PS3/Vita

Hm, surprising; at least it'll be region-free. Now to wait for them to reveal the developer/footage/roster to see if it's worth more than a glance.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
It doesn't have to be like jump at all, just be a fighter doesn't matter if its 2 players like a traditional fighter or 4 players like ash,naruto,powerstone.

4-player 2d-plane fighter with 3d backgrounds. Goku, Vegeta, Luffy, Zoro, Toriko, and that cook boy on-disc/cart, everyone else is either DLC or appears as a cameo.

tiku

His crusade is epic xD

All it's a bad move, all it's shitty and all it's nonsense if it's not on a Nintendo platform xD

BTW, what are usual numbers for these crossovers in Japan in term of sales?

Region locked loser!!
Shame that it'll be a shitty game no one really wants.

OhPZd.gif

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I don't know what magic did Sony use on Namco but it sure is working.

And there are still people out there doubting Sony has any long-time plans for Vita or even considered they would cancel the system in 2013. Lets see how things look in Japan after they drop the price in spring and games like Soul Sacrifice are released.

Sid

And there are still people out there doubting Sony has any long-time plans for Vita or even considered they would cancel the system in 2013. Lets see how things look in Japan after they drop the price in spring and games like Soul Sacrifice are released.
So when do you think the price drop (i'm guessing to $199) announcement will come? at a playstation meeting for PS4's reveal in early 2013?i think they'll cut the price before soul sacrifice is released.

Takao

Banned
Oh man, if they do a limited edition Vita it's going to look awesome. They'll probably do a Limited Edition PS3 Super Slim, but those always look ugly. : /

PS3 is a clever move on Namco's part. JUMP sells, and I wouldn't be surprised if this is them trying to capitalize on those One Piece Musou numbers not too long ago. PS3 would also make it easier to port to the Vita without having to do as much work too, so it's bonus sales.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Able to fight as Toriko and possibly Zebra on my PS3?
Thank you. Thank you.

If it's for PS3 I'll be importing day 1

Sony really should have pushed to make this a Vita exclusive, even if just a timed one. Would have really helped sales in Japan.

Varth

4-player 2d-plane fighter with 3d backgrounds. Goku, Vegeta, Luffy, Zoro, Toriko, and that cook boy on-disc/cart, everyone else is either DLC or appears as a cameo.

aaaand this is what PS All Stars should have been. Recognisable characters, huge lineup.

Hope it's more like PowerStone, though.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Cool, it's on a system where I can actually import it if it's any good.

Azure J

*Eying up brother's Vita that is just a day's mood away from being given away to me*

You shall see much use in your future.

Spiegel

Even those small screenshots are enough to assume it is only possible by PS3/Vtia, if not console exclusive.

Man, Sony did REALLY good job securing this franchise.

They probably didn't really need to secure anything (well, except the Vita version maybe).
PS3 has been getting plenty of anime games lately and they have been doing quite great numbers. And PS3 is Namco Bandai's nº1 platform for some years now.

crinale

They probably didn't really need to secure anything (well, except the Vita version maybe).
PS3 has been getting plenty of anime games lately and they have been doing quite great numbers. And PS3 is Namco Bandai's nº1 platform for some years now.

I know, but the prequel (well, not exactly "prequel" but close) to this was actually published by Nintendo. That's why so many ppl were assuming this would be either 3DS, or 3DS/WiiU.
It's like Dark Souls gets released to 3DS/WiiU multiplat after Demon's Souls.

Spiegel

I know, but the prequel (well, not exactly "prequel" but close) to this was actually published by Nintendo. That's why so many ppl were assuming this would be either 3DS, or 3DS/WiiU.
It's like Dark Souls gets released to 3DS/WiiU multiplat after Demon's Souls.

Well, that's true, I expected 3DS too.

Top Bottom