• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Firmware 2.80 Release Tomorrow

Oni Jazar said:
I hope they completely revamp the trophy sync process. It can take 5 minutes to compare trophies with people and sometimes it just quits and gives an error.

Joke post? Never takes longer than 30 seconds for me.

Dragon

Banned
Bearillusion said:
Joke post? Never takes longer than 30 seconds for me.

I've had it take 40 minutes on my connection, but that was one time. Usually it takes around 10 minutes for the whole process.

consoul

TheBranca18 said:
I've had it take 40 minutes on my connection, but that was one time. Usually it takes around 10 minutes for the whole process.
Oh come on. It takes under 30 seconds for me, and I'm in Australia. Australia. The official land of shithouse internet speed.

If what you're saying is true, then I'd suggest you may want to look at network factors beyond PSN performance.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
I’m updating my PS3 in the middle of a thunder storm. For an encore I think I’ll give my electronics a bath.

Shins

Banned
Oh look, the update took all of three-and-a-half minutes to download and install.

I'd sure be pissed to turn on my PS3 every six months and be met with this kind of hindrance.

Stupid fucking morons.

FoxSpirit

Well, ingame XMB is definitely faster now... or at least the delays feels slower than the last time I wanted to view the "player's met" list.

VegaShinra

FoxSpirit said:
Well, ingame XMB is definitely faster now... or at least the delays feels slower than the last time I wanted to view the "player's met" list.
It's seems much quicker to me. Now we need to find the new stuff. Of course, if it can't be used yet, then maybe we won't be able to find it....

commissar

koam said:
Ugh another 20 minute wait before i can download some songs and play rockband. I hate these forced updates they suck shit (yes they are forced, i can never enter the store without updating).
2.80 isn't forcd, I could still access the PSN store, and my friends list after checking for an update, while on 2.76.

Updating to 2.80 now.

DuckRacer

They still haven't fixed the clock.

When are they going to add any new features people actually care about? Or at least fix things that everyone wants fixed? Did Sony fire the firmware development team and replaced them with the PSN monkey? Christ.

Ranger X

DuckRacer said:
They still haven't fixed the clock.

When are they going to add any new features people actually care about? Or at least fix things that everyone wants fixed? Did Sony fire the firmware development team and replaced them with the PSN monkey? Christ.

..because we don't want our console to go faster and less buggy amirite? :lol

Dante

FWIW, Jeff Rubenstein told me at the R2 launch that there's certain aspects of the firmware that they aren't able to touch on the US side, and the clock was one of those.

Please don't shoot the messenger :p

witness said:
This 1000x. I'm sending my system to sony in couple of weeks because of a dead ethernet adapter and the idea of losing my saves sucks.

beg/borrow/steal/buy a usb drive and do a full backup before you send it off. all your saves are copied and can be restored to any ps3.

if you even suspect your ps3 is dying, or if you have to send it for service, ffs do the full backup. full backup does all your music and movies etc too so if you already have them on another device, deleting them from the ps3 will make the backup faster and smaller.

but yes, it copies protected saves.

Psy-Phi

The only thing I care about right now is getting the 1 Blu-Ray movie I have that doesn't work properly to work properly. When watching The Chronciles of Riddick in "Uncut" mode it will pause, and skip ahead a random number of minutes (but always at the same section it will pause). Annoying.

Works fine in Theatrical cut.

I've enjoyed taunting my father for not buying a PS3 as his main blu-ray player everytime I go home and watch yet another movie on his Samsung player that says it's incompatible or does exactly waht this movie does (the movies we share in common work 100% fine on the PS3). Now I've run into one and I can't lord the PS3's fantastic playback ability of Blu-Ray over him any longer.

I'll find out in a few minutes when it finishes downloading/installing I guess...Do they ever update the Blu-Ray playback in these FW updates?

Dante said:
FWIW, Jeff Rubenstein told me at the R2 launch that there's certain aspects of the firmware that they aren't able to touch on the US side, and the clock was one of those.

Please don't shoot the messenger :p
Does anyone know who develops the firmware for PS3? I read somewhere that Q-Games designed the original XMB for Sony, but who updates it now? Is it still Q-Games? Or is it an internal team within Sony in Japan?

XonoX

AndyD said:
Dling here too. had to go to update manually, it did not auto prompt.

Yeah, strange.....

# AU/NZ
Dest=89;CompatibleSystemSoftwareVersion=2.7600-;
Dest=89;ImageVersion=00007f46;SystemSoftwareVersion=2.8000;CDN=http://dau01.ps3.update.playstation.net/update/ps3/image/au/20090624_d69362743142953be7cb44a5fd5cc888/PS3UPDAT.PUP;CDN_Timeout=30;

Top Bottom