• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[PS3] New Kingdom Hearts HD Screenshots

It just looks a bit too clean/sterile to me. I dunno maybe it'll end up being cool, just had a negative first impression.

While not the same thing, mainly due to the original textures, I would recommend you watch some 1080+Widescreen fix emulator footage for KH1/2. The games look very good in motion.

Andrefpvs

SF8fmir.jpg

Were those scores on the right in the original KH?

quickwhips

This is the first ps3 exclusive if it comes out that I'm jealous of. I played both back on the day with my wife and we sold our playstation stuff off. I hope this comes to 360 and they just aren't saying anything yet. Seems silly to leave stuff on the table plus increase your fan base with KH3 coming. Its sounding pretty good.

Squire

Banned
Why no 360 version :(

This is the first ps3 exclusive if it comes out that I'm jealous of. I played both back on the day with my wife and we sold our playstation stuff off. I hope this comes to 360 and they just aren't saying anything yet. Seems silly to leave stuff on the table plus increase your fan base with KH3 coming. Its sounding pretty good.

This collection won't come to 360.

The next collection won't come to 360.

I'm not even sure the next Xbox will release in Japan at all to start. I'd forget about playing any KH console titles on non-Sony platforms.

The Lamp

Considering were lucky it even exists when they only had ~2 people on the team make the port in the first place I doubt they want to spend the money making a 360 port too.

So from what some of you are saying, the games are actually a little more than HD ports ? What have they changed ? Lighting, textures ?

And if true, what are the actual chances of the rumor wanting FFX HD to run on Luminous to be true ? Because I really want it to be.

volpone

Banned
There's just no way the original looked this bad, did it? I mean, can we find screenshots of the games online from 2002/4?

The original was a super-compressed video using the Kingdom Hearts 2 engine on the DS. This is from 358/2 Days.

Squire

Banned
There's just no way the original looked this bad, did it? I mean, can we find screenshots of the games online from 2002/4?

You're confused. The left half of that comparison is from 358/2 Days, which is a DS title. Neither KH1 or 2 looked that bad, no.

Wynnebeck

Banned

You have to remember though the original game was on the Nintendo DS, hence why the upgrade and probably the reason why this is a "movie" and not an actual game to play.

Magnus

Nope it was apart of the Final Mix version.

Days was released in 2007

The game was on the Nintendo DS, what do you expect?

The original was a super-compressed video using the Kingdom Hearts 2 engine on the DS. This is from 358/2 Days.

You're confused. The left half of that comparison is from 358/2 Days, which is a DS title. Neither KH1 or 2 looked that bad, no.

You have to remember though the original game was on the Nintendo DS, hence why the upgrade and probably the reason why this is a "movie" and not an actual game to play.

I am a moron. Was thinking KH1 on the PS2, not the DS title. Thanks guys.

I doubt MS cares about current gen exclusives anymore, MS is all about Xbox 8 after GoW Judgement is released.

I will buy this HD port, never played a kingdom hearts game, I want to see what the hype is about.

Squire

Banned
I doubt MS cares about current gen exclusives anymore, MS is all about Xbox 8 after GoW Judgement is released.

I will buy this HD port, never played a kingdom hearts game, I want to see what the hype is about.

You mean Xbox Infinity.

And yeah, you should get it. KH is fun. The concept makes it worth just checking out.

Narolf

Banned
To back what I said above, Nomura says nowadays that he wants KH to be back on consoles, while he was reluctant to explore modern hardware two years ago and preferred side-line episodes to be on hand-held for them to be as similar as the two PS2's KH; yet he effectively goes back on consoles with a... HD port. It's the same kind of damage-control as when they say they will tackle Versus for good after Type-0 and XIII-2, but end up stuffing you with another appetizer while still talking about it in riddles: after but not immediately after.

Soriku

To back what I said above, Nomura says nowadays that he wants KH to be back on consoles, while he was reluctant to explore modern hardware two years ago and preferred side-line episodes to be on hand-held for them to be as similar as the two PS2's KH; yet he effectively goes back on consoles with a... HD port. It's the same kind of damage-control as when they say they will tackle Versus for good after Type-0 and XIII-2, but end up stuffing you with another appetizer while still talking about it in riddles: after but not immediately after.

I wonder if his aversion is because he doesn't know how to translate the KH style into HD that well? Not talking about resolution bumps with these collections, but a ground-up HD game. I would say "use the same style but make everything in HD" but I assume it isn't that easy.

Another reason might be that he doesn't want to work on two major HD projects at once on top of other stuff he's doing.

Or maybe I'm just totally off base.

Seda

Yes, exactly what Kingdom Hearts needs; more rehashes and ports.

If Square Enix is able to get 1.5 out this year, 2.5 out next year (assuming it somehow incorporates the plots of BBS and DDD), and 3 shortly after that (lolol) that might be what the franchise needed.

Soriku

Yes, exactly what Kingdom Hearts needs; more rehashes and ports.

Excluding this collection there has only been one port.

They're trying to fix the problem of the KH games being on a million and a half platforms. It's not like this collection will cut into developing KH3. The game's 2-3 years away either way.

If Square Enix is able to get 1.5 out this year, 2.5 out next year (assuming it somehow incorporates the plots of BBS and DDD), and 3 shortly after that (lolol) that might be what the franchise needed.

I want KH3 to be made for the Orbis, there iis so much potential there.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

I know for me, I have been waiting for it to return to consoles for 7 years now... so I will happily purchase the HD collections. I wanted to replay KH 1 and 2 anyway.

Top Bottom