• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Slim Ugliest Console Ever or NeoGaf just being NeoGaf?

Xboxclassic.jpg

Just as bad, it literally was an X Box.
Bring back the duke, fuck yo small hands

My photoshop capabilities are beyond poor so I can't fabricate the new slim with these colours but I would really like this model in these colours...

Background_dark_red_square3-335x320.jpg

square_yellow.jpg

dark%20green%20wove043.jpg

images

By the way, this is the ugliest console ever...

800px-Mega_Drive_II_(PAL)_+_Mega-CD_II_(PAL)_+_32X_(PAL).jpg

Boss Man

Oh boy, so the five people left with stereo systems from the 90s can be happy!
Or people with audio systems from five years ago lol. It's not that big of a deal, but you're exaggerating a lot. Honestly I usually only use my speakers for movies anyhow, and just use the TV speakers for games. That's like one of my favorite PS3 features, dual audio out.

1-D_FTW

Gaf being gaf. But not in the way you think, OP.

I think it looks great and is a big improvement over the old one.

But like most things style related, people always have mixed reactions. And in this case, plenty of people have voiced support for it. But it's a typical kneejerk reaction in that people only focus on the viewpoints they don't agree with, and then assign that as "gaf's reaction". This isn't gaf being gaf, because gaf doesn't have any consensus on it. It's only gaf being gaf if somebody decides gaf does. Which is what OP is doing.

EDIT: Although this thread has certainly brought out the haters, but it seems to me that's what such a sensationalist title will do. Bring out the haters.

Ezalc

I think it looks awful, especially the dumbass ridges on top. I have the old slim, I like the fact that it was pretty simple, aside from the terrible overall shape which this new model retains only adding to how ugly it is.

No. That honor goes to the SNES.

f5e_2c84fe916d.jpg

This is probably the ugliest console I've ever seen. Clear the nostalgia from your mind. Yes it was a great system. One of the greatest in fact, but the design is plain ugly.

It looks fine to me it's just a console it's the games that count who cares what it looks like probably runs cooler and uses less power which is a plus.

Skyzard

Banned
I don't know about ever but it really is absolutely hideous. Looks like a chic garbage bin from the 90s.

Foreman Grill >>>>>>

Should be able to put controllers on it without sliding off.....looks a little too slim for me though...will wait for over-heating reports..

Tiduz

Eurogaime
i think the white one looks pretty hot, but i already have a white slim which looks hotter.

I AM attracted to it being smaller, which hopefully means less noise/heat but i already have 3 ps3s so yeah...

Jawmuncher

After I saw some of the pics on Playstation Facebook, yeah it's gaf being gaf.
It really isn't all that bad looking.

HOWEVER
The bundle for it is completly whack. Not to mention confusing.

So we have a PS3 Slim with assassins creed 3 and a New Slimmer PS3 with Uncharted 3 and Dust...

Seems like the bundle should have started with Ass Creed 3 so that they can push more of those units off the shelve. but I guess they're just trying to clear house and phase out that slim model.

Not to mention Uncharted 3 and Dust is a weak pack in.
Uncharted was already part of a bundle and can be had for cheap now. No amount of "MP content" is going to change that. Also dust seems like it was thrown in just so that people will try the damn game.

Seems like if anything they should have maybe tried a Black Ops bundle with the new system. At least it would have been something.

ChapaNDJ

Banned
Why the slim models are always uglier and feels cheap.
My PHAT 60GB with 4 USB ports, card reader and full BC is still better than that. <3

bjork

I think it's fine, but the picture of the white one placed vertically in the OP reminds me of a fan or something. Sitting horizontally it looks fine to me. But then, I don't know that I've ever found a console visually off-putting.

ScOULaris

It's not the worst looking console ever, but it's definitely the cheapest, ugliest looking piece of Sony hardware that I've ever seen. For shame. smh

leng jai

First impression is that it's ugly as fuck. White looks to be a lot better than black and it probably looks better in person (the slim looks a letter be in person too).

Cipherr

Its ugly as fuck. But I mean, its not like I'm going to strap it around my waist and wear it around town. It goes under your TV and plays games, so I don't really care.

tsab

No. That honor goes to the SNES.

f5e_2c84fe916d.jpg

This is probably the ugliest console I've ever seen. Clear the nostalgia from your mind. Yes it was a great system. One of the greatest in fact, but the design is plain ugly.

The US version I presume.
We had the japanese design in glorious 50hz.

tumblr_kw2v0aseGO1qa5kxw.jpg

On topic: :pets his 1st gen slim:

Because PS2 BC is never coming back, I never got why Sony never came with a new slim PS3 where you could put the PS2 slim nicely on top, you know, stack it like Rick Wakeman stacked all his keyboards back in the 70s...

rick%20Wakeman%20on%20stage%20with%20cape.jpg

onQ123

After I saw some of the pics on Playstation Facebook, yeah it's gaf being gaf.
It really isn't all that bad looking.

HOWEVER
The bundle for it is completly whack. Not to mention confusing.

So we have a PS3 Slim with assassins creed 3 and a New Slimmer PS3 with Uncharted 3 and Dust...

Seems like the bundle should have started with Ass Creed 3 so that they can push more of those units off the shelve. but I guess they're just trying to clear house and phase out that slim model.

Not to mention Uncharted 3 and Dust is a weak pack in.
Uncharted was already part of a bundle and can be had for cheap now. No amount of "MP content" is going to change that. Also dust seems like it was thrown in just so that people will try the damn game.

Seems like if anything they should have maybe tried a Black Ops bundle with the new system. At least it would have been something.

?

ps3-assassin-system-4-large.png
http://us.playstation.com/ps3/systems/assassin-s-creed-bundle.html

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
The uneven top, the grille, oh god the grille.

Make the top a brushed plastic look and it would look infinitely better.

Top Bottom