• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Slim Ugliest Console Ever or NeoGaf just being NeoGaf?

MisterC20XX

Yep, I wouldn't say it was ugly at all I just think it looks dated. To me The ridges give off a distinctive 70/80s vibe, which in itself isn't a terrible thing, but because the rest of it is shiny and smooth it just doesn't work.

It's not the ugliest console at all, but I think it would look much better with a few changes.

For the PS4 we need whoever designed the Vita or the PSP. Those are gorgeous, especially the Vita.

raven777

Its the ugliest of the PlayStation family. I think it would have looked a lot better without the ridges, maybe even better than current PS3 slim (which is the ugliest PlayStation at the moment)

Jawmuncher

?

ps3-assassin-system-4-large.png
http://us.playstation.com/ps3/systems/assassin-s-creed-bundle.html

Well shit they got me there.
Last I looked it was still the regular slim for that bundle.
So I can say that saves the bundle then.

Still don't know what they were thinking about UC3 as a pack in.
Hell Playstation All Stars would have been better.

Almost all console designs are ugly. why do all the manufacturers decide to use these boxes that can't stack like all my other AV equipment? only the CD-i got it right. barely
4308279996_d71de51204_o.png

Mung

Same comments with the first two ps3s.

It can't be judged now, whilst it is raw. You need time for it to set in, like the other consoles that we are used to, before you can make fair comparisons. If you still think it is the ugliest then... that's fair enough.

Coen

It's not an improvement, that's for sure. It's also not the ugliest console ever. And its size is a nice bonus.

monome

Problem is not it looks ugly.
Problem is it is not sexy.
It's ok.

They even have to say it's lighter, because at first glance the smaller does not pop out that much.

Imagine waking up to a Sony announcement, having an orgasm looking at the beautifull chinese made, japanese designed console selling at a good price...
Yep, instead you have this bastard design (small is not long and flat, small is Apple tv, Ouya etc...hasn't Sony seen people bitching about WiiU too elongated form factor???), the not so great price, the looming of WiiU, and the chinese ripping apart manufactures building japanese stuff.

D.Lo

Reminds me of my Dreamcast stand

dcstandbig.gif

Real answer: US SNES was pretty goddamn ugly. Grey Japanese Saturn, all Xbox and 360 models, Jaguar, PCFX... many uglier consoles.

Black Gamecube is the best looking ever and that's pure fact.

krae_man

Wait they are charging $20 more for a bundle with a pack in game? I don't care if that game sells for more then $20 that's just dumb.

It's the most disgusting-looking console design of the decade.

Anyone who says otherwise should't be allowed to comment on such matters. Y'all are probably posting from nasty-ass PC's wish side windows and bunch of LED's. Ugh.

I'd be embarrassed to have that PS3 in my entertainment center. It looks like a relic of the 80's. Just terrible.

MicH

Those grooves are ruining the design for me. Why the hell did they choose to put grooves all over the top of the system? It looks awful and, as many others hav mentioned, is a dust magnet. If the design didn't have those, but were flat and shiny like the rest of the system, it would have been fine.

Those grooves are ruining the design for me. Why the hell did they choose to put grooves all over the top of the system? It looks awful and, as many others hav mentioned, is a dust magnet. If the design didn't have those, but were flat and shiny like the rest of the system, it would have been fine.

The grooves are horrid. The slim actually has a very nice look to it but this thing looks like a PS3 knock off.

keit4

Banned
GAF is not being GAF, GAF is a lot of people, you know... with different opinions and tastes...

IMHO, this PS3 model is the ugliest console this gen.

Grim1ock

Banned
This is what happens when the brains behind playstation leaves the parent company. No more ken and you get such ugly looking industrial designs. I fear for the playstation 4

Almost all console designs are ugly. why do all the manufacturers decide to use these boxes that can't stack like all my other AV equipment? only the CD-i got it right. barely
I feel your pain man.

Unfortunately, the world isn't ready to see deluxe edition metal case console to go with my marantz equipment.

Easily the best looking PS3 to date. Especially in white. I was not a fan of the glossy phat. It looked tacky. This has a nice little bit of art deco aestetic going, which I am always a sucker for.

krYlon

I don't mind it, it looks like something from a 70s sci-fi film/series.

The white is a lot nicer than the black.

mltplkxr

Def not a fan of the look of the PS3s and this one's no exception. But you know what? I think it would look rather nice hanging horizontally on a wall like the Bang & Olufsen of old. It would kind of hide the jarring square-and-oval-melted-together look and accentuate the round lines, which is the high point of the PS3 line for me.
Also no Spiderman fzont is a big +.

Anybody who thinks this is even close to the ugliest - I'm guessing you didn't know that Atari released a toilet seat controlled by a TV remote from 1978 for a console:

zhS4x.jpg

Top Bottom