• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Tard pack = No wifi + No HDMI + No MemoryStick /SD/CompactFlash

hadareud said:
PS3: 325mm x 98mm x 274mm / 5kg
Xbox: 320mm x 101mm x 260mm / 3.84kg
Xbox 360: 309mm x 83mm x 258mm /3.49kg

edit: words fail me for todays events

best post of ever at GAF NOW WHAT IS XBOX HUGE

Ranger X

bachikarn said:
Man, I can't believe we have gotten to the point that 400 bucks is considered 'cheap'.

So true. Fucking 200$ cellphones, 400$ ipods, 600$ consoles. Oh well whatever, we all live ahead of our money nowadays, who gives heh? ;)

OKAY WHERE IS LITTLE AMIRX? DIDN'T I TELL YA A FEW MONTHS AGO SONY WAS IN FOR A RUDE AWAKENING? THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING SON.

OH the little child in solidsnakeX just died:lol :lol :lol :lol

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Ninja Scooter said:
wow you guys are getting a little overly dramatic here. Yes, the pricing sucks, but make no mistake, every single goddamn unit Sony ships, tard or no tard, will be gone by day 1 and the PS3 will be "THE" hot gift to get this holiday season, just like (if not moreso) the Xbox360 was last year. People pay $200 for cellphones and $400 for ipods by the millions these days. They might lose marketshare but that probably would have happened anyway as MS learned from the mistakes of their first go-round. People acting like this is the nail in Sony's coffin and Nintendo will make some kind of triumphant return to the throne of videogaming need a reality check.

I don't know if you're making sense, or maybe this pint I just pounded is making the bitterness go away...

wait wait, I'm still out 600.

woah.. now that is insane. way to screw your customers Sony.

"PS3: 325mm x 98mm x 274mm / 5kg
Xbox: 320mm x 101mm x 260mm / 3.84kg
Xbox 360: 309mm x 83mm x 258mm /3.49kg"

woah again..

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Yikes. At first I figured the tard pack would do me well, thinking I'd never need more than a 20GB HDD. But upon hearing this news, obviously I'm going to need HDMI, and likely wireless, too. So, $600 it is. Fuck.

Auron

This pricing is retarded; there's no way people are going to buy this stuff. You would think they would have realized that with that PSX machine in Japan.

Deg

Banned
PS3 is definately the heaviest console. I will probably order it online :p

They did get the three things most people wanted right however. Free online as standard. A HDD as standard. DS is back. Nice moves.

Having options arent popular as expected.

Feature wise it has everything. What are they missing? :lol

I thnk Blu Ray alone should help justify the price(its the best by far for its price). The videophiles will no doubt go for this. You get the most popular and advanced next gen console with a quality next gen Blu Ray player(unlike PS2 crappy dvd). Prices for seperates would have been much worse.

MetalAlien said:
I said that, only I was saying what it means insteads of what causes it. :D

Don't foget 1080p no matter the source will not pass through component, no 1080p games either.

You can get 1080p through component. So if a game supports 1080p it will run the same on component or HDMI.

xsarien said:
And keep in mind that these prices are BEFORE the retail chains start in with their bundle bullshit.

Dang. You sure are right about that one. IF it's anything like the 360 launch party last Winter, be prepared to spend 2 months of rent on the PS3

Tumalu said:
Speaking of no rumble, didn't Nintendo already confirm that the Wii controller has rumble functionality? How is Sony claiming, then, that rumble & motion-sensing can't work together?

isn't it because while wii's remote is using the external motion detector, the ps3 controller is using an internal one, which is probably something like a little ball inside which moves toward whatever direction the controller is tilted. with rumble, the little ball would be rocking and rolling like it ain't no thang, thus shaking your on-screen guy to hell.

truffleshuffle83 said:
they havnt shown the power suooly yet either......i predict a funny photoshop thread

You'd think that there would be more Photoshops but that price point really seems to have been a shocker now. The traffic has cooled considerably.

Shabaz

Neo Member
Ninja Scooter said:
wow you guys are getting a little overly dramatic here. Yes, the pricing sucks, but make no mistake, every single goddamn unit Sony ships, tard or no tard, will be gone by day 1 and the PS3 will be "THE" hot gift to get this holiday season, just like (if not moreso) the Xbox360 was last year. People pay $200 for cellphones and $400 for ipods by the millions these days. They might lose marketshare but that probably would have happened anyway as MS learned from the mistakes of their first go-round. People acting like this is the nail in Sony's coffin and Nintendo will make some kind of triumphant return to the throne of videogaming need a reality check.

Let the Nintendogs have atleast one night of hope, god knows they need it. Deep down everyone here knows Sony will win again.

MetalAlien

Banned
Deg said:
You can get 1080p through component. So if a game supports 1080p it will run the same on component or HDMI.

It's not the cable (my post was misleading, sorry), computers use analog cables that need much more bandwidth than 1080p. It's the TVs and display devices.... If you know of a 1080p TV that will accept it over component please post it as some people will need that info apparently.

skybaby said:
Hay guys, PS3 will fail because it wont fit the Japanese homes am I rite? :lol

You know what? I think Nintendo may actually have a fairly decent shot in Japan, especailly if the price difference is huge.

The form factor of the PS3 is definitely not going to be popular. It's bigger/heavier than XBox 1.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Sony now is like a cracked out version of 1995 Nintendo.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
it's like that story that Chunk told in The Goonies, with everyone puking on each other.

I've never felt this much camaraderie at either GAF or NEOgaf.

Nick

Checking out the dimensions of the PS3 really puts things into prospective for me. The console is frickin' MASSIVE. Biggest console ever?

I was worried for a second, there was hardly any damace control.

I can see PS3 selling pretty well in Japan, where people are used to pay a lot for their consoles. But in the US, where GBA SP outsold both DS and PSP for a long time because of price? Not likely.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
rc213 said:
$399 PS3 w/20GB + HDMI + MS/SD/CF = SOLD!

$499 PS3 w/60GB + HDMI + MS/SD/CF + Wi-Fi = SOLD!

Yep, that would work. Toss the memory card reader outta the 399 even.
Or the HDMI if it won't be required for Blu-Ray movies.

But breaking 499 is too much

taard6ty.jpg

Downgrade confirm

2 hdmi
2 usb
1 ethernet out
1 ethernet in
1 wifi
1 cf/sd/mspd

JayDubya

Banned
Nick said:
The Ps3 that's expensive. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

That's not specific enough, you'll have to try again. So again, with a base system price of $499 and the one that actually delivers on Sony's promises somewhat for the low low price of $599, I'm sorry, I can't tell which one the 'tard pack is this time. :lol

littlewig

Banned
Did someone curse the Gaming industry, is it really impossible for a company to hold the market lead for more than 2 generations????

Does the tard pack even have HD video output? "Multi-out" could just refer to composite, and I think that "Digital-out (optical)" is sound.

GhaleonEB

JayDubya said:
That's not specific enough, you'll have to try again. So again, with a base system price of $499 and the one that actually delivers on Sony's promises somewhat for the low low price of $599, I'm sorry, I can't tell which one the 'tard pack is this time. :lol
How does the $600 deliver on Sony's promise? Only one ethernet and one HDMI (goodbye dual screen 1080p). Even that one got gimped a bit.

Halcyon said:
Does the tard pack even have HD video output? "Multi-out" could just refer to composite, and I think that "Digital-out (optical)" is sound.

Apparently PS3 Tard pack = No wifi + No HDMI + No MemoryStick /SD/CompactFlash.

MetalAlien

Banned
Halcyon said:

PS2 only has multi out, and it supports 1080i (GT4) the optical is indeed the sound.

cvxfreak

*shakes head*

I really don't believe it. I can't believe Sony just fucked themselves over this next gen. If they can win again, good for them, but no way are they going to reach PS2 numbers. If they do, then well, DAMN.

Scytale

Banned
Holy crap....

I'm going to have to go out and sound like an xbot.

PS3 = Sucks

Right now, it's the truth!!!

God damn, MS... those smart white bastards.... :lol

Pimpbaa

Is everyone sure the "tard pack" version lacks the HDMI port? Maybe they just include the cable the 600 buck version. Doesn't make sense to not include the port on one as it would just increase manufacturing costs having to make 2 versions. 499 for bare bones version and 599 for all the accessories (including HDMI cable). Not like I care either way, at those prices sony can kiss my ass.

JayDubya

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
How does the $600 deliver on Sony's promise? Only one ethernet and one HDMI (goodbye dual screen 1080p). Even that one got gimped a bit.

Hehe, I *did* say *somewhat.*

Seriously though, I'm sad. I'm a big Nintendo fan but that doesn't mean I didn't / can't enjoy the nice volume of games on the PSX and PS2. This pricing scheme seems insane to me... I bought my PSX for $150 back in high school because of all those fresh new innovative 3D titles coming out of Japan... and because I'm a Final Fantasy whore (and FFVII really did rock the boat a LOT, come to mention it).

$600 for lackluster titles and the occasional title from aging but wonderful franchises like FF and MGS... I just can't see it as worthwhile, and I'm thinking Sony really screwed themselves, unless gamers as a whole actually go out and buy it in droves, in which case my peers will have made it okay to totally rape the consumer.

Pimpbaa said:
Is everyone sure the "tard pack" version lacks the HDMI port? Maybe they just include the cable the 600 buck version. Doesn't make sense to not include the port on one as it would just increase manufacturing costs having to make 2 versions. 499 for bare bones version and 599 for all the accessories (including HDMI cable). Not like I care either way, at those prices sony can kiss my ass.

HDMI is missing in the specification guide

Vormund

SHIT! :O

edit: Just comparing the with the AC plug (Common to both obviously)....has the machine actually gotten slightly larger?

Top Bottom