• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 1.70 goes live on April 30th

My most requested "fix" is to be able to remove/hide games from my trophy list. Not just hiding them from my friends.

Yes, my OCD is killing me.

yup i want this too. either let us remove the games we have no trophy progress in like the 360/achievements or just let us remove games outright.

Xbox+360+achievements+menu+screen+0+gamerscore+delete+game+history.png

ethomaz

Banned
Guys I'm having a issue after Update 1.14 in Killzone... it stay in loop showing 'installing application' and didn't start Killzone.

I already deleted all data and installed again and the issue continue... the only way to play is if I don't install the update but the NP is blocked... only SP.

Anymore have the same issue? How to fix?

Thanks and sorry by the off topic... it is killing me.

Hope they update the communication between platforms.
When i'm online with PS4 i can't see my PS3 friends and vice versa.
This should be fixed, it's rather annoying =(

level44

So does anyone want to speculate on the hidden features since this firmware as been hyped like crazy from Tidux. I'm hoping for big things!

So does anyone want to speculate on the hidden features since this firmware as been hyped like crazy from Tidux. I'm hoping for big things!

I'm not expecting much other than the stuff we have heard about.

Export video and screens to usb
ShareFactory
HD streaming and archive
Pre-loading

I highly doubt there will be anything signaficant as a hidden feature. It makes no sense for Sony not to promote them before the update. I'm guessing it's just going to be what they didn't mention in their blog post. (Dimming light, HD streaming, archiving)

hawk2025

Huh?

The announced features are HDCP off and ShareFactory.

The laundry list of other stuff we already know are the "hidden features". Not sure what you expect.

S¡mon

Banned
Huh?

The laundry list of other stuff we already know are the "hidden features". Not sure what you expect.
There are features that we don't know of yet. Or at least, that's what PlayStation Blog said. And that Tidux guy said it as well, but he may have gotten it of PS Blog.

Tidux recently suggested friend notifications were coming. Would be cool if that made it into 1.70

When is ps4 getting ESPN app, come on Sony.

Yeah, it's strange how long the Xbox has had this and the PS consoles haven't. Kind of makes me wonder if Microsoft is paying for it

level44

Huh?

Well from the sound of this it seems like Tidux is saying it's more:

link

He also says it's bigger than FW 1.5

Liamario

Banned
Well, what if you want to just go to the Dynamic Menu? Automatic acceptance isn't an option.

Currently, if the icon comes up and you press the PS button you go to the chat acceptance menu. So, you can't go to home menu as it stands already; so your point is moot.

Lemondish

Tidux recently suggested friend notifications were coming. Would be cool if that made it into 1.70

Yeah, it's strange how long the Xbox has had this and the PS consoles haven't. Kind of makes me wonder if Microsoft is paying for it

I remember MS made a massive deal with ESPN in 2010 or something. I'm guessing exclusivity was part of it.

Theman2k

My most requested "fix" is to be able to remove/hide games from my trophy list. Not just hiding them from my friends.

Yes, my OCD is killing me.

Same here!!

I need to delete games from my list, even if i lose their trophies.
I need it NOW.

hawk2025

Well from the sound of this it seems like Tidux is saying it's more:

link

He also says it's bigger than FW 1.5

Nothing there suggests there's more than what we already know about, though.

Y'all are setting yourselves up for disappointment. There's already a TON of stuff we know about on 1.7

Metfanant

This is nothing personal to anyone, but I've always found the requests to remove games from trophy/achievement lists to just be hilarious...

I just don't get it..

RedAssedApe

Banned
someone else brought it up in another thread but they are going to need to figure out how to not make friend notifications annoying for those with large friends lists. it has to be something more than just on/off. although i guess that would be ok to start as most people aren't going to have huge friends lists like jeff gertsmann :p

xbox doesnt have the same issue because of the following system. I think PS4 needs to adopt something similar or at the very least create some favorites system where you can toggle on/off for individual friends.

would also be nice to have full-featured notifications (i.e. notification when someone signs on, notification when someone signs off, when someone starts streaming, when someone starts playing the same game as you, etc.)

This is nothing personal to anyone, but I've always found the requests to remove games from trophy/achievement lists to just be hilarious...

I just don't get it..

the only things i think they need to do with trophies is make them auto-syncso you dont have that delay when you first view trophies. and the ability to sort so its easier to look at them. but yeah the hiding thing is some weird ocd thing. time better spent on other features at the moment

level44

How would you know what's all in it if Sony hasn't announced the other features? Lol

Exactly.

Nothing there suggests there's more than what we already know about, though.

Y'all are setting yourselves up for disappointment. There's already a TON of stuff we know about on 1.7

Well since he said it is bigger than 1.5 and is mega-hyping it surely there's more that hasn't been announced. FW 1.5 was absolutely amazing if you look at the feature list. What we know of FW 1.7 is only just about half as good.

Tsundere

Banned
Currently, if the icon comes up and you press the PS button you go to the chat acceptance menu. So, you can't go to home menu as it stands already; so your point is moot.

Actually double press takes you to your last location on the menu. One press to the chat acceptance menu makes the most sense as you may not want to join a chat if a certain person is part of it right?

Liamario

Banned
Actually double press takes you to your last location on the menu. One press to the chat acceptance menu makes the most sense as you may not want to join a chat if a certain person is part of it right?
That's why I said holding the button down would make you join instantly.

So who is Tidux and why would he know what's in the update ?

It's not entirely clear what his story is. I know he originally suggested he was working on The Division. I believe his Twitter account says he works on the engine that runs that game. Either way, he's been mod approved, and he's provided info that was accurate before.

RulkezX

It's not entirely clear what his story is. I know he originally suggested he was working on The Division. I believe his Twitter account says he works on the engine that runs that game. Either way, he's been mod approved, and he's provided info that was accurate before.

Cool , thanks.

Well I guess I await Wednesday with baited breath.

Theman2k

I just don't get it..
Nothing takes priority over OCD shit.
I need dat trophy managment system :/

The future with 100% completed games list looks far.
Those annoying unplatinumable games with online trophies that got their servers down, must get deleted!

Returners

So it's April 30th in Japan right?

This means we're looking at the latest April 30th morning EST (since it'll be 30th night in Japan)

I hope we do get it night of 29th in NA.

Same here!!

I need to delete games from my list, even if i lose their trophies.
I need it NOW.

I don't think they'll allow that. Imagine some little brother or sister getting on your PS4 account and deleting games you have platinums in. *Nightmare fuel*

They can do it like Xbox has done for ages; let you delete games there are no achievements/trophies in.

Vashetti

Banned
I hope they can implement the ability for Blu-ray discs to display the image of what the disc actually is instead of a generic disc icon. Very much behind the PS3 in that regard.

Top Bottom