• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 1.70 goes live on April 30th

Theman2k

Instead of deleting trophies, how about a "Hide" switch?

Set a trophy to "hidden" and it won't show up in your trophies list. Then have a "Hidden Trophies List" where you can see all those hidden trophies and "Un-Hide" them if/when you want.
The hidden list should be for games that are work in progress to 100%.
There should be an option to remove games, which will cost you losing the lists trophies. Just make an option to delete multiple lists, and before you can delete them you have to show a warning message that its a one way ticket + it asks your account password before deletion.

Best solution for OCD trophy hunters like me.

Knoxcore

There has been no talk of an optical 5.1 fix. I'm crossing my fingers this is hidden somewhere in the chagelog come Wednesday. This is my biggest issue with the PS4 right now. Plus, Sony has been quiet on DLNA/MP3/media support. Something like that would have surely been announced. I'm worried these features won't appear until much much later.

mattp

Instead of deleting trophies, how about a "Hide" switch?

Set a trophy to "hidden" and it won't show up in your trophies list. Then have a "Hidden Trophies List" where you can see all those hidden trophies and "Un-Hide" them if/when you want.

wait what? i thought they already have this
i'm almost 100% sure you can hide trophies already

Theman2k

wait what? i thought they already have this
i'm almost 100% sure you can hide trophies already
You only can hide trophies from friends.
He suggests that trophies on your side will be shown on a hiden list section which is seprate from the regular trophy list.

RedAssedApe

Banned
There has been no talk of an optical 5.1 fix. I'm crossing my fingers this is hidden somewhere in the chagelog come Wednesday. This is my biggest issue with the PS4 right now. Plus, Sony has been quiet on DLNA/MP3/media support. Something like that would have surely been announced. I'm worried these features won't appear until much much later.

netflix claimed that they were aware of the issue when i tweeted them....but this was some time ago :\

So dimming DS4'light should improve battery life right?
I hope it improves it a lot.

i don't think so. this was probably included because of the complaints about the reflection off glossy tvs. the best way to noticeably improve the battery life of the ds4 is to open it up and replace the "puny" 1000mAh battery with a larger one :\

Melchiah

Sony is reading.

In that case, here's my small problem, which makes me use Netflix rather on the PS3. Every time I start up a film/series, it starts to play it in SD first. It goes HD on the second time though. That, and support for HDMI-CEC remote control on Netflix.

An option to block friend requests, that are sent without an accompanying message. I get those far too often.

Also options to group content. The bar is becoming cluttered with over a dozen games.
EDIT: Why not offer an option to set how many game icons are visible on the bar?

Schrade

In that case, here's my small problem, which makes me use Netflix rather on the PS3. Every time I start up a film/series, it starts to play it in SD first. It goes HD on the second time though.

Going to assume the app does bandwidth testing each time you start something up and it will eventually switch to HD. If you stop the SD stream (while it's doing/done with the bandwidth testing) and start it again you will most likely have the server/client already knowing you can stream in HD so just sends you the HD stream without the test.

Melchiah

Going to assume the app does bandwidth testing each time you start something up and it will eventually switch to HD. If you stop the SD stream (while it's doing/done with the bandwidth testing) and start it again you will most likely have the server/client already knowing you can stream in HD so just sends you the HD stream without the test.

No such problem on the PS3 side though, and I have 100MB wired connection.

EDIT: On the PS3 my max DL speed is 35-40MB, and on the PS4 it's 60-65MB. The upload speed is the same on both, +7MB.
And I have set the playback on High (HD video quality, 3GB per hour for HD) on Netflix settings.

salromano

So it's probably going to be in the wee hours EST then.

In Asia is already the 30th.

But alas, it is not.

In Japan it's 10:52 a.m. on April 29. The rest of Asia is to the left of Japan, meaning it's even earlier outside the country.

We'll likely get the update in the late hours tomorrow.

BigJoeGrizzly

Neo Member
You know what I'd like to see? Less button presses to turn off the controller! On the PS3, you held the PS button, and "turn off controller" was immediately one of the options to choose. On the 4, you have to hold the PS button, choose Adjust Devices, Turn Off Device, select the Dualshock controller. I even dislike the console requiring me to choose the profile I want to log into every time I turn back on the controller! Am I missing something in the Settings menu, or are those instances really that rigorous?

Melchiah

You know what I'd like to see? Less button presses to turn off the controller! On the PS3, you held the PS button, and "turn off controller" was immediately one of the options to choose. On the 4, you have to hold the PS button, choose Adjust Devices, Turn Off Device, select the Dualshock controller. I even dislike the console requiring me to choose the profile I want to log into every time I turn back on the controller! Am I missing something in the Settings menu, or are those instances really that rigorous?

That's one of my pet peeves, especially as there's only one user and account on my system.

The other pet peeve is the epilepsy warning on startup, which delays the launch of the UI.

dugdug

Banned
So has SCEA ever announced the 30th on PS Blog? I might have missed it but I've only seen the JP and SCEE announcements.

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
netflix claimed that they were aware of the issue when i tweeted them....but this was some time ago :\

i don't think so. this was probably included because of the complaints about the reflection off glossy tvs. the best way to noticeably improve the battery life of the ds4 is to open it up and replace the "puny" 1000mAh battery with a larger one :\

ya I changed mine to one of those 1800mAh batteries for the PS3, haven't really played long enough to see if its worked but after 4/5hrs the PS4 said it still had 2 bars so I think its working

You can auto-login, but yeah, turning off the controller is a pain unless I'm missing something too. I just set it to turn off after 10 minutes and that mostly fixes the issue, apart from those odd times where it never seems to switch off on its own.

One kinda cool thing I noticed with Netflix was if you need to pause and you wake the controller, it automatically pauses when the system asks who you are. If you then hit Circle instead of choosing a user, the DS4 immediately switches back off and the video stays paused. Really only seems to work with Netflix though IME.

Cess007

What issue are you having?

I don't know what he means exactly, but in my case, i got an issue when moving through the screenshots in preview mode (Triangle and then L1/R1) suddenly the next screenshot will be shown all black and i need to exit and re-enter the preview mode to see the shot.

TalonJH

I don't know what he means exactly, but in my case, i got an issue when moving through the screenshots in preview mode (Triangle and then L1/R1) suddenly the next screenshot will be shown all black and i need to exit and re-enter the preview mode to see the shot.

Hmm, I can't get it to do it for me. I'm sure it will be cleared up by some nameless stability change in an update. I only ask because I like to take bugs mentioned at Gaf and bring them up at the PS Blog private board's technical issue tracker in hopes that people at Sony may read some of this stuff.

Hmm, I can't get it to do it for me. I'm sure it will be cleared up by some nameless stability change in an update. I only ask because I like to take bugs mentioned at Gaf and bring them up at the PS Blog private board's technical issue tracker in hopes that people at Sony may read some of this stuff.

None of my captures, be them screens or video can be previewed. Just a black/ grey screen.

Sending through messages and doing the dummy thing or sharing to Twitter etc works fine, so they aren't corrupted or anything.

Really annoying. Just started since Februaryish, I have 22GB of captures.

None of my captures, be them screens or video can be previewed. Just a black/ grey screen.

Sending through messages and doing the dummy thing or sharing to Twitter etc works fine, so they aren't corrupted or anything.

Exactly the same. Can't view any screen shots what so ever. Every one is a black screen. Can see the tiny preview window but that's it

TalonJH

Stock hard drive?

Exactly the same. Can't view any screen shots what so ever. Every one is a black screen. Can see the tiny preview window but that's it

Now I feel lucky for actually having mine working.

I really hope they fix the glitch with the automatically 15 min record.

After the last firmware update, the console stoped to automatically record the last 15 minutes of gameplay. When accessing the video in Share Menu, it's generally the first 15min since the game started, or a random clip, never the last 15min.

The thing is that the screenshot of the video is correct, is the last frame of the last 15min, BUT the video has nothing to do with the thumbnail, is a random video.

Philippo

So unless i upgrade it myself, i'm stuck with this ridicolous battery life for all the generation? Well this sucks :/

At least i can dim it, because damn sometimes it's a very strong light.

Jonnax

Since HDCP is gone from PS4, will there be one gone from PS3 also?

PS3 doesn't even show vita and ps4 users online.

Notifies you about messages you've read on ps4 as unread and you have to manually delete or open each individually.

Can't receive picture attachments from ps4 not sure about vita.

And quite a few other things aswell. It sorta seems Sony has abandoned it :/

Top Bottom