• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 firmware 4.50 add Boost Mode for PS4 Pro.

Black Hat

My Pro just arrived 5 minutes ago. So it was cool to come on Gaf and see this thread :)

image.php

Boostioooooo!

alexbull_uk

Tried Resident Evil Revelations 2 but it crashed as soon as the game started up. Not had a chance to try again yet, but could be Boost Mode?

I wonder if we'll get an option to enable/disable it for certain games at some point, instead of it being a global on/off.

People, change your recording settings to 60fps, please.

FFXV Platinum Demo runs very well now, for what it's worth :D

I have an even weirder request - FFXV Duscae 1.0/2.0, for anyone who bothered to migrate it to their Pro. I my curiosity is piqued.

Bloodborne Lecture hall blobs room non boost vs boost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANjn5WzgWl8
Dark Souls 3 running to Dragonslayer room comparison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6Cgbo4yPHU

...Pretty much 'really fucking bad' vs 'really bad', honestly. From needs to get their shit together on consoles.

thatJohann

Wow played some more of Yakuza 0 with boost mode vs no boost mode on ps4 pro and the difference is immediate even in controls. Super impressed with boost mode!

Downgraded back to 4.07 so I can use remote play this weekend but can't wait for remote play to be supported so I can jump back on beast mode!

- pt demo: boost mode does feel a little smoother switching back and forth.
- Limbo: boost mode feels a little smoother to my eyes
- Daylight: boost mode definitely improves the framerate over the original mode (this game's framerate was a mess)
- final fantasy episode duscae: boost mode seems less jittery than the original.

Gonna see about killzone in a little bit.

In the case of Fallout 4, I believe the Pro enhanced version will be the best between the two because the game is capped at 30fps.

I don't think so, unfortunately. If the Pro enhanced edition is similar to the original one in performance (after all the graphical updates won't be free), I'd rather have the Boost one.

Metfanant

How do you know that? Back in November when PRO launched GAF claimed that allowing all games to run in PRO speed would be a disaster and would break nearly all games. Fast forward few months and we have early beta firmware with boost mode and nearly all games run without problems. I would at least wait for this firmware to leave beta before saying game needs patching.

Who said that? I don't think I remember anyone saying that

Maybe it should be added to the OP that games with Pro patches will not benefit from this.
It really shouldn't be necessary

Who said that? I don't think I remember anyone saying that

That poster is exaggerating. Many people said that there might be issues if every game was allowed to run in Pro mode, which does make sense from a technology standpoint. However, it seems Sony did enough testing behind the scenes to realize hey it doesn't really break much

Top Bottom