• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 is pretty loud when disc is in.

stormplyr

Just to clarify on this issue, I installed nba 2k14 last night and it got loud while it was installing. My brother is playing it now and I can't even hear the system running

Yeah I noticed this too. It's mostly because of the disc drive ramping up during the install process. Once it gets the bulk of the data installed it chills out.

Yeah I noticed it. When you put in a game the disc spins kinda quickly while installing, then you don't hear it anymore. Just sounds like a computer or anything else .....

I wouldn't call it a vacuum like the OP however....

ElRenoRaven

You know. I've never understood the complaints about the volume of someone's console. I've owned them all and never once has the loudness of them bothered me. When you have the game going I don't notice it at all. Hell same for a movie. I wonder if some people don't play with their face right next to the console the way some complain about how ungodly loud they are.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
You know. I've never understood the complaints about the volume of someone's console. I've owned them all and never once has the loudness of them bothered me. When you have the game going I don't notice it at all. Hell same for a movie. I wonder if some people don't play with their face right next to the console the way some complain about how ungodly loud they are.
i'm gonna run a vacuum while you play video games and lemme know how it affects your immersion.

Jay Sosa

When you play fully installed games this shouldn't be an issue, right?

Good for you.

I'm sure the disk is super loud during installation. Think about how loud the 360 is when it's spinning the disk at top speed. Isn't this the case with pretty much everything when it is installing?

Just to clarify on this issue, I installed nba 2k14 last night and it got loud while it was installing. My brother is playing it now and I can't even hear the system running

Yeah mines loud with Killzone. But I am hoping after awhile it just chills out. I am thinking its installing the game but not sure how much is installing.

fallingdove

fudGAF is the worst GAF. I get that people are super worried about their systems as early adopters but geez.

"I think that there might be a cat trapped inside my PS4 and it scares me."

"It takes 2 seconds to turn on the controller instead of 1 and I think it is because it is trying to steal my soul through the touchpad"

"The PS4 looks really awful when rested on a straw basket."

"After playing for extended periods of time, my PS4 smells like my Grandma's socks, is that covered by the warranty."

And lets make sure, every one of us, to create multiple threads to keep everyone updated:

"Turns out that it wasn't the PS4 that smelled like my Grandma's socks, I forgot that to stop the wobble, I used Grandma's pantyhose.

Everyone has a year warranty by default if there are any hw issues and all of the little quirks will be confirmed within a week. At this point, we can't confirm anything and these FUD threads are just worrisome to individuals that likely won't have a problem at all.

I think I am going to avoid GAF next week. I don't want to go through this with the Xbone too.

StaSeb

I wish I would have the balls to take my launch-PS4 apart and apply some premium thermal-paste. Maybe It will help keeping the fan down.

XBone is considerably more quiet, by the way. But with an external power brick and that huge case it does not surprise me, really.

Jay Sosa

So just like with the 360.

If this were to happen with the xbox one, you think you could tell kinect "Xbox STFU"and lower rpm?

lol

hurzelein

Thanks for the clarification. Finally someone who contributed to the topic unlike 95% of the rest of people in this thread.

Can you hear if the disc is still spinning? Not worried about the noise if you say it's quiet, but I'd be interesting to know.

Jburton

Banned
I wish I would have the balls to take my launch-PS4 apart and apply some premium thermal-paste. Maybe It will help keeping the fan down.

XBone is considerably more quiet, by the way. But with an external power brick and that huge case it does not surprise me, really.

You have an Xbox One? ........ How?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Jet_Engine_SR-71.jpg

Top Bottom