• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 passes 60.4 million units sold through to consumers / 487 million software units

Cess007

They are selling faster than any other year

So much for channel stuffing to reach 60m shipment

I was thinking the same. People was so sure that Sony stuffed the channels this quarter. It seems it's just still selling at amazing rate

Gurish

Crazy numbers, seriously insane.

They are lucky to have lots of big third party support for the holidays as the rest of the year is not really impressive in terms of big exclusives that could push consoles.

Anyone got the current best guess/estimate for the XO?

Last I heard they were still a way off 30m, just wondered if we'd hit the point of the PS4 almost certainly having doubled its sales yet.

Sony should enjoy the ride while it lasts. Xbox One X is coming.

giphy.gif

Looks like PR just went out for the new updated numbers

Worth noting this pace is actually the fastest the PS4 has ever sold in the first half of the year.

HOLY FUCK!

What in God's name?!?

Insanity, is it still outselling the ps2? I know the xmas sales thread showed graphs to that extent.

It seems nothing can stop this sony train, not even competitors.

It's going to be a bloodbath, maybe not so much in NA thanks to switch, at holiday sales.

EDIT GoW at early 2018 will shift some serious units as well.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Good for Sony. Plenty of games to play. Better not skimp on TGS and PSX like E3 tho jus sayin, cause that's my bread and butter =X

Crazy numbers, seriously insane.

They are lucky to have lots of big third party support for the holidays as the rest of the year is not really impressive in terms of big exclusives that could push consoles.

GTS can push consoles in EU .
Of course this depends on good it is .

Boke1879

You know what's crazy. Even though there E3 conference wasn't the most hype inducing thing. Everything they showed looked solid.

And from now until the end of this year looks great for them. Battlefront 2, COD, Destiny 2 bundles. GT Sport, Crash, and loads of 3rd party games releasing this year.

And then you go into 2018. GOW, Spiderman, RDR2.

And Monster Hunter could be big with it's online. It's clear Sony will have marketing for that.

Mikey Jr.

Worth noting this pace is actually the fastest the PS4 has ever sold in the first half of the year.

Really?

Damn, this far in?

I think the fucking amazing block of games early in the year just destroyed everything around it.

Get ready for round 2. God of war 4 in March will break new records.

We aren't getting the Pro price drop this year. :(

Yeah price drop seems totally not needed given the current pacing.

I could see a temporary promotion for the Pro being $50 off this Black Friday / Holiday Season but there's no reason for Sony to deliver any permanent price drops on hardware given their current sales trajectory. It would be straight up throwing away money

Boke1879

Yea the Pro is probably why the PS4 is selling faster at this point in the year than it ever has.

No need for them to really worry about dropping the price at this point unless sales do start to decline, but they are still cheaper than the competition.

Top Bottom