• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 PRO 4K native games (will update the list everytime there is a new game)

Gitaroo

Check out this GAF thread. Collectively, we've figured out how to add an HDMI switch into the chain. Long story short, the PS VR Processing Unit is fickle, with special care needed for which HDMI cables are used.

They're full of shit, end of discussion. So long as the AVR is doing pass through, then you're golden.

I have a Pioneer Elite SC-95 and a Vizio P65-C1 and can display HDR through the PS4 with nary a thought.

Yeah, I can confirm again. I found out I have i/p conversion on on my avr, which is why it did not work in the first place. Once I turn it off everything works the way it should.

This thread is starting to make me change my mind on the PS4 Pro...

But I'm going to be upgrading two PCs, buying a Switch, and buying a UHD Blu ray player soon...

Dammit Sony... This would be an easier choice if they'd have just included a UHD drive...

Plasma

Banned
I finished Second Son but I still haven't played First Light I'll have to give it a go next week when the Pro comes out.

Planet

I finished Second Son but I still haven't played First Light I'll have to give it a go next week when the Pro comes out.
You are in for a real treat if you liked I:SS. Neon was my favourite power and this pushed it to a whole new level.

Z3M0G

I hope Dragon Quest Builders makes the list. It is basically a ported Vita game anyways. Should be easy.

Shin-Ra

I hope Dragon Quest Builders makes the list. It is basically a ported Vita game anyways. Should be easy.
DQB doesn't even have anti-aliasing, so it'd benefit the game greatly but I don't think image quality is high on that team's list of priorities.

The Witness is kind of a interesting multiplat game.

OG PS4 = 900p @ 60fps
XB1 = 1080p @ 30fps
PS4 Pro = 1440p @ 60fps or 2160p @ 30fps

Thanks for all of your work updating the OP! I'm pretty psyched to see how the lest looks in a week.

You are welcome. I hope most of us will be enjoying it next week.

how can GT Sport be native?

I don't know, the screengrab is showing 4K (even if it is blurry). I wasn't present at the event to know further details. We can wait for the embargo to be lifted to get mroe infos.

That cant be happening until PS5.

We witnessed many surprises no one could have ever expected to happen this gen, so why not?

onQ123

Can anyone shed more lights on GT Sport? http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=222598963&postcount=174
It is not clear whether it is native 4K or not. I will add it to my thread as soon as we got an official confirmation. Added The Witness btw.

Hard to see but it look like it says 1800P Checkerboard

gtsport_4k_60fps.jpg

Fliesen

The Witness.

Just announced:

"If you have a PS4 Pro, and are outputting to a 4k TV, then you get a choice of two modes from the options menu:
(a) 1440p 3D scene, upscaled to 4k, text and UI rendered at 4k, 60fps
(b) 4k rendering for everything, 30fps "

We added option (b) because a lot of people seem to want it, and it does look really good!

http://the-witness.net/news/2016/11/ps4-pro-patch-update/

60fps and native 4k UI + however high of a resolution you can get with the 3D graphics sounds like the best compromise to me.
The witness is such a 'smooth' game, i feel it'd suffer a lot from not being 60fps.

It is expected. I hope for checkerboard 2160p though.

Edit: They used the comparison shots posted in Neogaf. :p

:D. After reading this thread, reddit thread and the news I posted in N4G, many became convinced to get a PS4 PRO after what I posted.

But the real question is... Can I play P.T. in 4k?

If only this could happen. P.T. was noisy and had grain effects and artefacts when played in 4K TV screen since the screen tries to fill the missing pixels from 1080p to 4K. That would be nice to support 4K and get rid of such artefacts but sadly that won't happen. We would be very lucky if we get MGSV PS4 PRO support.

barit

Still wondering why there are no FFXIV or TES:Online Pro patches announced. MMO's are usually one of the first waves implementing new technics because of their ongoing development. Same goes for all the F2P titles like Perfect World's MMOs, World of Tanks, Warframe and so on. Only Paragon and SMITE have concrete plans it seems.

Still wondering why there is no FFXIV or TES:Online Pro patches announced. MMO's are usually one of the first waves implementing new technics because of their ongoing development. Same goes for all the F2P titles like Perfect World's MMOs, World of Tanks, Warframe and so on. Only Paragon and SMITE have concrete plans it seems.

That is what I was wondering too in my previous post.

Wallach

Still wondering why there are no FFXIV or TES:Online Pro patches announced. MMO's are usually one of the first waves implementing new technics because of their ongoing development. Same goes for all the F2P titles like Perfect World's MMOs, World of Tanks, Warframe and so on. Only Paragon and SMITE have concrete plans it seems.

Elder Scrolls Online already has patched Pro support in. It does not appear to support HDR, but does native 4k, or enabled additional graphical features for 1080p.

barit

That is what I was wondering too in my previous post.

Yes read it too late or else I'd have quoted you ;)

Elder Scrolls Online already has patched Pro support in. It does not appear to support HDR, but does native 4k, or enabled additional graphical features for 1080p.

Oh cool okay. Hope for some FFXIV Pro love in the future because that is my game of choice and I'd jump back in immediately :D

Jatrid

Neo Member
I'm curious about something not sure if I didn't understand but please humor me.

Put in a PS4 game that's not Pro patched, will the Pro upscale the res to the 4K display or just put out the signal as 1080p forcing the 4K TV to downscale the resolution to 1080p.

I ask because since my 4K Samsung KS8000 has good upscaler but I'm not sure if it only upscale movie medias like Blu-rays and DVDs and not games. And if the Pro would only passively output whatever the game is set as or actively upscale the signal to 4K for possibly better visuals since we're not sure how good the upscaler is in the Pro unless it's patched?

I'm curious about something not sure if I didn't understand but please humor me.

Put in a PS4 game that's not Pro patched, will the Pro upscale the res to the 4K display or just put out the signal as 1080p forcing the 4K TV to downscale the resolution to 1080p.

I ask because since my 4K Samsung KS8000 has good upscaler but I'm not sure if it only upscale movie medias like Blu-rays and DVDs and not games. And if the Pro would only passively output whatever the game is set as or actively upscale the signal to 4K for possibly better visuals since we're not sure how good the upscaler is in the Pro unless it's patched?

I don't know but if I had to guess, I reckon the Pro will always output at whatever resolution you select in settings. So it will upscale or downsample depending on your selection.

(your second paragraph makes no sense to me)

Top Bottom