• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 only gamers, assume all Bethesda games go exclusive. What now?

Still buy a PS5 🤷‍♂️ If anything the games will only be console exclusive after all, you can always still get them on PC and at least have a Series S level of experience from a modest build

NickFire

It will depend, 100%, on just how great their next gen games turn out. I've had some fun with a few of them over the years, but there's nothing I am personally annoyed by the prospect of, or worried about missing out on, yet. I do hope that changes because great games is what this is all about.

On Demand

Banned
Nothing changes. Sony makes the games i want. Everyone else too judging by their sales. Once the hype dies down people will realize this.

The only real major developer out of all those Zenimax studios is Bethesda. The rest are pretty ok studios. The likes of Spiderman or God of War have sold more games than all of those studios combined.

Kokoloko85

I mean Im PS5 and Switch.

But.... Ill miss Doom I guess.

Elders Scroll, Fallout, Evil wiThin make me feel I wont miss Bethesda much lol
Plus I have a feeling MS is gonna treat Bethesda like Minecraft. Not keep it exclusive

Dramos

I highly doubt that Xbox's plan for these studios is to produce console exclusive games. Microsoft will push the games as a service narrative.

Instead, I think we'll start seeing future Zenimax games available day on on Game Pass. They will still be available on other platforms.

Last edited:
I usually buy fallout and tes games, but if I’m being honest they aren’t really great games. I won’t miss them that much. They are glitchy, repetitive, and I prefer the jrpg style of progression, development, and exploration over the Western RPG scaling method.

If the games come to ps5 great, if not so be it. A Nintendo and ps5 is enough I’m not buying an Xbox.

Zoro7

Banned
Wait, so now PS games gonna build a PC? I thought it was way too expensive compared to consoles?? Haha.
What are you talking about? I’m a massive fan of Sony. If and when Xbox has games I want I will buy a series X.

Don’t read one post and talk as if it’s gospel.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
PC? XSX?

I think if this exclusive scenario eventually plays out, that the Xbox series S is a decent option. It'll likely be dirt cheap by the time anything remotely good comes from Bethesda next gen. Its $300 now, and with discounts you're looking at 250 next year easy, maybe 200 over the next year or two.
Lol

4QcvzQU.gif

Damigos

I have to say that despite the fact that i enjoy some of bethesda’s games, i dont LOVE them. Maybe only DOOM. Most of them are buggy and all of the are fps shooters.
Yes, i d like them to be on PS5 but i strongly prefer FF, Dark Souls, Uncharted, God of War, Tsushima etc.
I also tend to like more games created by japanese developers in relation to american ones, so while it annoys me it wont change my decision to buy a PS5.
For what its worth, i think MS made a wrong move buying a developer which created almost exclusively FPS games. MS already had Halo and Gears of Wars. Even Fable will be first person. In my humble opinion they had to buy studios that create more artistic games (LBP, Sackboy etc) or a Wipeout contender or 3rd person game contender (for Uncharted, God of War etc) or even a studio that makes Jrpgs.

I understand they need to increase their market share but to me it feels cheap, buying an established 30 year old studio, essentially buying their way in.

I hope next gen will not be an e-penis demonstration for who has the most billions

Nico_D

They don't have anything that interests me. And even if they did, I think I''d survive because they are just games and I don't care enough to get upsey over them.

turtlepowa

Banned
Thought all of them already have high end gaming PC already? That's what they say about Xbox games being playable on pc....
They do, with a 3090 and everything. At least until Sony announces their games for Pc. In that case suddenly nobody has a potent gaming Pc anymore, not to mention the important console feeling.

Bryank75

Banned
Was building a PC anyway.
But they might be on PS5 anyway.

TBH the only game by them I played recently is Doom 2016. Not much of their content interests me.

Dolomite

I dont care most Bethesda enough to be sad about it.

I just dont buy them if they come to game pass + PS5. Fuck the devs if they think that I would pay more than 1-5€ if they think it is almost free to play on pc/xbox.

And if they are not coming to PS5 = not a huge loss

No sane person pays for 2 subscriptions of same type (music/movies/gameservices). Ps+ is enough, gamepass would 3-5* monthly cost from 3-5€ to 17-20€ because game pass costs 13€. Too much for 2nd system.

If digitals are super cheap, then maybe

So xss is useless as second system, unless digital games are really cheap.

Physical xbox games are half free because it is so unpopular, but csnt have discs with xss
???? Bad news chief this may be the last Gen to launch with optical drives. Digital is the future (even Sony jumped on board to save a few $$) to

web3x

Just signed up for 3 years of game pass ultimate...

So I guess I'll be spending $299 for an S...

Already have my PS5 on preorder from Walmart

They do, with a 3090 and everything. At least until Sony announces their games for Pc. In that case suddenly nobody has a potent gaming Pc anymore, not to mention the important console feeling.
Spot on lol. Then the ps5 will be stronger than 3090 when that happens, and the cycle continues.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Would be a shame to miss out on a new Doom, Wolfenstein or the next Arkane game.

But i can live with that.

And I will.

Everyone's a PC gamer now :messenger_grinning_smiling:

OP said PS5 only owners...

For those folks it will depend on the franchises they like and if they're really worth the investment on the Xbox platform. Same calculus as someone from the other side when looking at Sony's PS5.

I'm largely unaffected. I haven't played anything from Bethesda in years. They really turned me off after Skyrim on PS3 was a cluster.

I tried Dishonored and Wolfenstein, but hated them both. I can live without janky first person games.

Last edited:
If games like ES6 turn out to be critically acclaimed must-haves then I'll probably end up buying a Series X when it's cheap. It's no biggie really.

dwish

PC. Most of their games are first person. I refuse to play first person games without kb/mouse.

Still waiting on Prey,Doom,Wolfenstein,Dishonored until I've upgraded my PC 😥😢😭😭😭

Edit: Unless VR. I loved Skyrim VR on ps4

Last edited:

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Microsoft has poorly handled acquisitions in the past. Who says these new studios won't deteriorate?

Speaking of which, didn’t they acquire Compulsion Games aka the creators of We Happy Few? Whatever happened to that one.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Honestly, I don't know.

If push comes to shove when TES6 releases I'll buy a second hand S, subscribe for one month of gamepass and turn around the S.

Last edited:

sobaka770

Banned
I'll wait for reviews and maybe get on Steam for PC. Last time I bought a Bethesda game was Dishonored 2 so not much has changed for me tbh.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
It's sad that Elder Scrolls and whatever Tangos working on go exclusive, but the rest I don't care about one bit. In general I'm not bothered about it, it's just the way the cookie crumbles. Business is business and all that. There are plenty of other good games to play.

HTK

Banned
Personally I haven't played a Bathesda game in 10 years so I'm still content with Sony.

However this is a big move by MS and I'm sure it'll impact certain group of gamers, how many I'm not sure.

oagboghi2

Nothing. The Xbox is still useless because I have a PC

I don't understand why xbox fanboys can't get this through their skull.

Time to pretend we never cared about Bethesda.

Like xbox fans pretend they don't care about console wars 🙄

Last edited:

Stuart360

If what Phil said in the interview with CNBC is true, there is nothing to assume. They will honour the deals in place with PS5, but the future stuff will be Xbox conole exclusive.

Elder Scrolls is the only thing they have that I'm interested in and that's years away so I'm not really worried about it right now, hell I already said if Fable looked good enough I'd pick up a Series X for that when the time came and not before, this changes nothing really as I'm guessing fable will be out before TES6

Stuart360

tripping if u think they don't sell the next Fallout or DOOM on every game box available.
'the deals we have in place will be honoured. The thing this is about is a huge commitment in our Xbox community, we now have 23 studios and those games will come to Xbox and Gamepass'

Phils comments in the interview with CNBC.

Yeah , tbh, who buys Bethesda games on consoles anyway ? Paid mods, microtransactions, unable to get the a gazillion cool free mods that make the games actually playable , unable to use console commands to unscrew yourself when one of your quests mysteriously stops working after investing 500+ hours into a savegame ?

I mean, I always will have a proper gaming PC to play all the PC exclusives anyway, so I coudn't care less about this... And it sure as hell won't make me buy an Xbox...

Top Bottom