• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA: PSN having issues - might coincide with 7.55 rollout

cormack12

Gold Member

Just noticed myself, won't allow me to open any games on secondary account digitally because it cannot verify the licenses. Online future, take me away. Looks like there is a FW update running at the same time, wonder if there's a revocation update or something. I would hold off trying to reapply licenses, usually this works itself out in the end from my experience. Dicking round with restore licenses usually makes things worse unless advised by Sony

Last edited:
hIoHrmL.jpg

Birdo

Banned
Someone should tell these people that you just disconnect your console from the internet and the licence thing will go away.

It's just a network error because your console is not getting the right info back. Just play offline until it's fixed.

Last edited:

JSoup

Banned
Someone should tell these people that you just disconnect your console from the internet and the licence thing will go away.

It's just a network error because your console is not getting the right info back. Just play offline until it's fixed.

They'd need to do that in advance, though. If you're already connected and got the error, disconnecting won't change the error. The system will just demand you reconnect to verify the licence.

Edit: I misunderstood part of this. I thought the patch was incoming soon, not being deployed now. The PSN being twitchy for a few hours following a new system patch is nothing new. It's been a thing since the earliest days of the PS3.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Just noticed myself, won't allow me to open any games on secondary account digitally because it cannot verify the licenses. Online future, take me away.

Very poor judging digital only from the worst digital provider. Why do you even need a second account?

It's like saying" physical games take me away" because gamestop has shut down.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Very poor judging digital only from the worst digital provider. Why do you even need a second account?

It's like saying" physical games take me away" because gamestop has shut down.

C’mon... as if this had been the only issue with digital games happened so far... and as if the problem were somehow better if it is all up to the benevolence and implementation quality of the DRM solution :rolleyes:.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
C’mon... as if this had been the only issue with digital games happened so far... and as if the problem were somehow better if it is all up to the benevolence and implementation quality of the DRM solution :rolleyes:.

Never lost a game on Steam or my Xbox One. I could even play my games even though the servers are off.

cormack12

Gold Member
I have my PS4 on rest mode will it update in the background?

Looks like it's manual at the moment, so you have to go into the menus to check for the update. It looks like the issue is resolved anyway as I just logged in again and it resolved itself.

Top Bottom