• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Plus needed to play online!!!

The only negative. Compared to the bad news I was anticipating though, it's fine. PS+ has been an awesome service as it is.

I like how the crowd went silent when he snuck that in. fucking sucks...

no console is safe for us. :-( Ill still be ps4 and pc

Terrible. Online multiplayer should be free. And they just slid that in there after all the fanfare. Very cynical.

They were doing so well during their online segment too. :(

Shambles

Xbox One it is then.

image.php

As if your mind wasn't made up already.

SlickVic

The used games announcement was great, but no free online play kinda dampens the mood for me quite a bit. Granted the majority of online MP I do is on PC, but I always like to dabble in some MP (like UC2 and UC3) on the console side.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Next gen summed up:

Whoever wins, we lose. :(

Nobody is reporting this, pretty sure OP misheard. Is everyone else going off of what OP said, or did you actually hear it yourself?

An-Det

I've expected multi to be put behind a paywall for years for PS4, so not surprised at all. They couldn't mid-cycle with the PS3 without a severe backlash, but it's a fresh start here and bundled with current PS+ bonuses.

TraBuch

Banned
I have absolutely zero issues with this. Unlike XBLG, PS+ is actually worth it.

Also, a lot of people's major issue with XBLG is that it's required to watch stuff like Netflix, Tretton specifically said that there's no need for Plus for the apps.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Yeah I caught this as well. By far the worst thing from Sony but still light years ahead of MS. At least media stuff is not behind e pay wall only multiplayer. Plus they are still giving free games, even on PS4!!!

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
It seemed implied, but any real gamer has Plus anyway so it doesn't matter much.

SlickVic

when did he say it? i didn't hear that

He said something along the lines of if you aren't a PS+ member, you'll still be able to play your SP games and access multimedia content (hopefully means Netflix won't go behind a paywall). Not outright confirmation, but seems pretty implied with that statement that you need PS+ for online MP.

Top Bottom