• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Plus needed to play online!!!

bill0527

They set us up for that.

Sony giveth and Sony taketh away.

Seriously though, PS+ is worth it. Already been subscribing for a year and plan to renew.

Wes

venison crêpe
I think I speak for us all when I say

tumblr_m7uxjoynS31rzrbozo1_500.gif

clemenx

Banned
Pretty awesome job by Sony to announce this right after the DRM thing, backlash will be far less.

It still sucks that this is going to be accepted as a standard :/

"PS4 gamers who aren’t Plus members can still enjoy single-player games for free…and access to media services won’t require Plus"
Don't even play online but lol idc kh 3

synce

I didn't hear this, but even if true it doesn't make a difference. You can't possibly compare XBL with PS+, nevermind DRM factor

Cipherr

Noooooooooo.

They are still ahead because of the lack of DRM, but this is super disappointing.

Viewtify said:
Microsoft wins. Game over Sony.

MS does the same shitty thing, + bullshit DRM.

MS still loses.

PaulLFC

Don't forget that $5 gets you a free PS4 game per month (DriveClub at launch) amongst all the other benefits.

This does suck, but we got no DRM etc. Something had to give.

iBuzz7S

Banned
I am a paying member of Xbox LIVE and I am disappointed to see Sony fans upset about this news. We get jack shit, whereas you guys get hundreds of dollars of awesome video games, absolutely free.

If anything, paying a subscription for online access to MP portions of games should be no worry whatsoever. You still get the better end of the stick.

Did you see what was confirmed for Xbox LIVE Gold members? Assassin's Creed II and Halo 3. YAY! /sarcasm

You guys are getting games which are ~12 months old, still enjoyed by thousands of people online.

That was really backhanded. They went through all the MS draconian bullshit bullet points and then snuck no free multiplayer in without properly saying so. Really shitty.

_Ryo_

But do you need it to watch streaming media and use apps such as Hulu? Online play is almost understandable but having apps behind a paywall is bullshit.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Wait, is this real ? I saw the multiplayer line on the PS Plus list, but didn't register immediately.

What the hell!

Also what about region free!

DR2K

Banned
Was going to get it for a free drive club, but it sucks that they're doing this. Getting to own my games makes it a lot easier to swallow.

Ughhh, not happy at all about that.

Need more details though, if it's strictly online play thats restricted I will just skip the online in that case, don't play enough online console games to warrant it.

If they gimp it in other ways to push you into paying... Then I will likely reconsider getting the console at all honestly. So many games seem to come to PC anyway, would need to think about it.

Amir0x

Banned
Sucks. However, I was willing to pay for XBL, I'd be willing to pay for PS+ (especially considering how crazy it is as a deal), but it still sucks. That said, as long as everything else is in order, not the dealbreaker.

Andrefpvs

A small minus in a fantastic press conference segment. But yes, would have been perfect without this small paywall (the service is amazing, mind).

Top Bottom