• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Plus needed to play online!!!

Madness

How much is it compared to Xbox Live? I've spent 7+ years paying for XBL, wouldn't be a problem paying for PSN if it means no DRM, or online shit.

bigace33

Yeah, but everything else is free on PSN. Just the multiplayer. No paywall for your already paid apps. Still much better than XBL.

I'm already a PS+ customer so it doesn't affect me.
Also MS has been doing this for years, so I don't see the issue.
PS+ is amazing value as is anyway, plus we got all the other stuff in terms of DRM and Online check in so I really don't care.

Way I see it, you have to pay for multiplayer on both sides.
Only one side you actually have ownership of the stuff you buy, the other side you're renting it until the servers drop.

Draconian

k9y5A6o.jpg

:lol "Immersive multiplayer online" is so freaking spineless.

Anteater

I'm paying for plus currently and I hope they will stick with the ps3 model.

Paying for multiplayer is stupid.

They got everything else right =(

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I'm disappointed that PS+ is required for PS4 multiplayer but at least it will also give you a free PS4 game each month as well as the regular PS3 and Vita stuff.

@PlayStation: PS Plus Instant Game Collection confirmed for PS4! The first game: #DriveClub! Available at PS4 launch. Free PS4 game each month

dosh

I got Plus but some of my friends don't want to pay for it, so it sucks. Big time. I guess it was inevitable :/

Usobuko

Banned
The move is messed up because it isn't optional but PS+ really has value for those in EU and NA. Haha, I'm not from either 2 though.

This is bullshit, and seems unneeded.

PS+ is worth it the price on its own to many, many people. No need to fuck over the few that aren't interested by locking multiplayer behind its paywall.

/is PS+'d up for the next two years already

Wow. Fuck them for being so sneaky, too. "Here's some passive agressive shots at the competition! Playstation Plus will carry over! youllalsohavetopayourtaxtogoonlinenowsuckers And look at all these games over here now!"

Definitely sucks. Plus is still a pretty sweet deal with all the free games and stuff but was really hoping online play would stay free as it is now.

RELIGHT

Banned
I already pay for Plus and didn't plan on getting rid of it so I'm game. Also everything carries over to the PS4 from the PS3 and you get Drive Club for free. It pays for itself.

Velcro Fly

Even paying $5 a month you still get way more than you do with Gold, which has been required forever now. Not too happy with it but hey I'd get free Vita games and free PS4 games with it. Stings a lot less than $60 a year to play Madden online

The only downside to the PS conference. But PS+ is a fucking awesome service worth more than what they charge. But still, BAD Sony.

Zoe

I was hoping that by them saying "immersive" multiplayer that they were referring to the social network and streaming stuff, but guess not :\

I'll have Plus regardless, but now I don't know what to do about the bf's account...

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Sucks that they added a paywall, but it was expected and the truth is Plus is totally awesome anyway, so I can't be too upset about this. Well, that and the fact that I already have Plus. Sneaky by Sony, but if that's the worst of their policies, I can live with it.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
This is fucking me over as a costumer. My country (3rd world) doesn't have a good PSN store, doesn't have PSN cards, and I don't even have a CC.

What the fuck I'm supposed to do?! Are you guys going to bend to this just because they announced no DRM? They have to provide both things. Not one, both.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
We just need to know the price.

Because right now paying for online sounds better than paying for online AND horribly restrictive DRM and online checks.

Top Bottom