• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN still down, internal testers online in various games though

Status
Not open for further replies.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'm annoyed at Sony too though but I'm not like "OMG FUCK SONY AMA SELLING MAH PS3 TO PROVE MY POINT" or "OMG FUCK SONY AMA NEVER GOING TO TOUCH PSN EVER AND NEVER BUYING YOUR PSNSHIT EVER".

mr.hands

Banned
bandresen said:
GAF's law is a variant of Poe's law and it states this:
“Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of platform-fanboyism that someone won't mistake for the real thing.”

Edit: The "I will not buy any product ever that is affiliated with Sony" thing isn't even a joke on his part. That's straight up from some dude that has that as his tag on here.

I didn't know somebody actually would have that as a tag :-D
If serious, that would be really difficult: he can't own any console which has a cd or dvd drive/ optical out and whatnot (sony (and philips) designed those). Even the SNES would be forbidden as the audio-chip was made by sony/katuragi if I'm not mistaken.
and major lols at the "Poe's law".

Sorry if anyone was offended, I just wanted to help lighten up the mood a little bit :)

Amir0x

Banned
ithorien said:
Suppose that is more on point, I agree. My in-laws don't have a good computer, and my wife was able to video chat with her mom through PSN. Today's mother's day, and guess what. Yep.

It's a shame we got people like this in the world. If it was for anything other than games i'd be really pissed, but fortunately taking down PSN isn't the end of the world for me. It's just annoying because I can't register my copy of Portal 2, but I'm managing :p

jcm

Raoh said:
odd then. i'm getting nothing. I just restarted my playon and ps3mediaserver as well as my ps3 and did a media server search. came up with nothing.

I checked the ps3 network settings test, it finds an ip address, gets an internet connection, stops at psn (obviously).

Any one have any suggestions?

Maybe Windows firewall is blocking the traffic? Or you're filtering it in your router?

btkadams

GrayFoxPL said:
The real question is:

What will be first:

PSN back or Duke Nukem Forever?

Duke must save PSN!
the reason it's taking so long is because they hired a company to make a 5 minute cgi short-film where nathan drake saves psn from hackers. it'll boot up when the system update finishes.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
PSFan said:
It boggles my mind how people are selling their PS3s purely because of PSN being down. It's gonna be back up within this week or next.

If your into playing online it really doesn't surprise me one bit tbh, if I only owned a PS3 I'd be sorely temped myself, if it isn't up by the end of this week it'll be practically a month that PSN is down, that's madness seriously, a month, sigh.

I wish I could reach the acceptance stage.

Amir0x said:
It's a shame we got people like this in the world. If it was for anything other than games i'd be really pissed, but fortunately taking down PSN isn't the end of the world for me. It's just annoying because I can't register my copy of Portal 2, but I'm managing :p

samsies.

aaaaaaaaaaaand i GUESS i also want to buy a few games... but that's my primary concern. me and my 6850 are dying to try it out. it already looks fantastic on PS3, IMO.

my girlfriend just wants to sync her trophies.

btkadams said:
the reason it's taking so long is because they hired a company to make a 5 minute cgi short-film where nathan drake saves psn from hackers. it'll boot up when the system update finishes.

Drake vs cyber criminals? There you go ND. There's Uncharted 4.

RPGamer92

Banned
lowrider007 said:
If your into playing online it really doesn't surprise me one bit tbh, if I only owned a PS3 I'd be sorely temped myself, if it isn't up by the end of this week it'll be practically a month that PSN is down, that's madness seriously, a month, sigh.

I wish I could reach the acceptance stage.
Even if online is a big factor, I'd much rather wait it out another week or two for free online than paying for a whole new system.

AndyD

aka andydumi
jcm said:
Maybe Windows firewall is blocking the traffic? Or you're filtering it in your router?
This.

Look in the ps3m log and see. When a PS3 is on the network and detected by ps3m it shows it in the main page log. Even if the ps3 won't detect the ps3m server. If that works, then toggle the media servers setting in the ps3.

Also make sure your router allows the connection and your pc's firewall is not blocking it. I use assigned internal ip addresses for each of my devices so they don't dynamically change when i reboot something. Before, it would not always work, as ps3m or the ps3 had originally found the other at a different address and gets confused.

Steroyd said:
It's the equivalent of not being able to back up my saves. :(

damn i didn't think of that either. we have a PS3 in the bedroom and one in the living room, so i use the online backup to move back and forth if i have to.

in her case, she just wants to rub it in my face that she beat portal 2 first. O__O

ElRenoRaven

PSFan said:
It boggles my mind how people are selling their PS3s purely because of PSN being down. It's gonna be back up within this week or next.

Sadly man some people are so impatient and at the same time don't understand that people fuck up and are human and that's why they do it. While I believe they have every right to do it, I also have every right to say that they are being very very childish.

Amir0x said:

Enrage yourself over the Potato scam, that helps me buy time.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
PSFan said:
Even if online is a big factor, I'd much rather wait it out another week or two for free online than paying for a whole new system.

Not everyone is as patient, my two younger brothers that are 360 owners and COD fanatics would go insane with more than a week off line, first thing they do when they get in from school is scamper upstairs like lunatics and boot up COD.

Hazanko

Banned
PSN being down has me so bored. I'm going to tape muffins to my hands. I'll be known as a muffin man and when I go to gamestation or some other shop. I'll say "Give me a copy of portal 2 for ps3 my good sir!". Obviously I won't be able to play online but by then the madness would of started to get worse. I'll then proceed to wave my muffin hands around in a sort of dance until I'm kicked out the store and I'll be crying outside the shop with my muffins all mushed up in my hands. I'll become the muffin man. Yup, that's how bored I am.

ithorien

lowrider007 said:
Not everyone is as patient, my two younger brothers that are 360 owners and COD fanatics would go insane with more than a week off line, first thing they do when they get in from school is scamper upstairs like lunatics and boot up COD.

Not the parent here, but that right there is a whole different issue.

bandresen said:
“Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of platform-fanboyism that someone won't mistake for the real thing.”
The ironic thing is that ppl know it's sarcasm but want someone to shout down / laugh at / call idiots. It's all-win no-loss situation since you're not called up on your broken sarcasm detector.

Steroyd

lowrider007 said:

Be greatful it isn't World of Warcraft.

mintylurb

bandresen said:

Edit: The "I will not buy any product ever that is affiliated with Sony" thing isn't even a joke on his part. That's straight up from some dude that has that as his tag on here.
That would be Sir Fragula. And that thread where he earned his tag is golden.

IronFistedChampion said:
If this shit isn't up by Tuesday when Brink comes out, I'm gonna be real fucking pissed.
Everyone seems to be forgetting that the Store won't be back up right away, even when PSN does return.

Edit: Never mind. I thought Brink was a downloadable game. My bad. Still, my post is a good reminder anyway.

BobTheFork said:
Any time I ever hear a gamer get mad and swear off a company, I just think of that 'boycott COD for no dedicated servers' pic.

We gamers are such a fickle and weak bunch, never stick to our guns

lowrider007 said:

I don't want to be all up in your business but you (and your parents) should seriously consider taking away that 360 from them. I have a niece who loves to play games but i make sure she is done with her studies and homework before she ever touches any gaming system in the house.

PJV3

I'm keeping my PS3 because i like it, i refuse to sell it because of a bunch of criminals, if people at sony are found negligent then fire the directors responsible and if applicable take 'em to court with the people who stole the data. What if hackers target and steal from all 3 systems, do we go back to playing Sinclair Spectrums?

Corto

If PSN is not up by the end of this week I will do... stuff.. to things... One more week, you hear me Sony? Consider this my fair warning to you.

IronFistedChampion said:
I'm getting it to play with my clan, no online = no playing with clan.
Oh, I was joking anyways. It's MP only so without PSN that game is just fucked in the water on the ps3 side.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I think I have eviscerated all the Premium channels VOD (HBO, Showtime Cinemax, Starz On Demand)

Watched at least 100+ movies

From Salt, Easy A, Megamind, Tangled etc.
I even revisited Oz (Man Rape more like it), I watched it as a teenager and now those Holy Shit! I forgot that happened moments are roaring back

Sunday is best day for my DVR
60 Minutes + America's Funniest Videos 7pm (Both) > Amazing Race 8pm + Fox Animation Domination 8pm-10pm > Treme 10pm > The Borgias 10pm > Game of Thrones 11pm
That covers a nice 5 hour chunk to keep me busy

Playing games here and there, missing MP a little, a couple of sessions here and there realky get your gaming mojo going

Well I'm waiting for the inevitable return of fanfic erotica, so I can light my beacon, cause this PSN down time thread is getting into Sonic Cycle stages

No new News > complaints > funny .gif > repost false or older than jesus playing Uno with Moses posts > 1 poster trolls > 10 posters come to Orc SMASH! troll > Wario has insightful/funny remark > TheSeks still drudging through GOW Collection (keep at it, I believe in yo<3) > GraveRobberX posts he's ready to suck dick for trophy synch > more banter > 1-2 bans > Mods start losing it > FanFic (Erotica) > Mods get their sanity back > lock thread threat > everone calms down/relaxes > No new News > Repeat cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom