• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP Go Launch Hype Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain N

goblackbox.jpg
Gowhitebox.jpg

Bonus

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/08/27/rock-band-unplugged-on-the-pspgo/
Playstation Blog said:
Not too long ago, Rock Band Unplugged made its debut on the PSP-3000 system. We’ve seen a great response to the game and now Rock Band Unplugged is coming to PSPgo!
For a limited time, when you purchase a PSPgo system, you’ll have access to a PlayStation Network downloadable voucher for Rock Band Unplugged Lite. This lite version of Rock Band Unplugged will allow you to play five full tracks. Plus, you can create your own personalized version of the game by purchasing your favorite Rock Band songs from the PlayStation Network. Now the only instrument you’ll need to rock anywhere is the PSPgo system!

pspgounplugged.jpg

lRelease Datel
North America l October 1st
Europe l October 1st
Japan l November 1st

lPricel
North America l $249.99
Europe l £224.99
Japan l ??

Known PSP Games added October 1st

Gran Turismo
MotorStorm: Arctic Edge
Beaterator

minis.jpg

Air Hockey
Alien Havoc
Aqua Panic Oasis
Astrotripper
Bowling
Brainpipe
BreakQuest
Bubble Trubble
Burn, Zombie, Burn! 2D
Circles
Minis Darts
Championship Manager Minis
D-Cube Planet
Fieldrunners

Launch Titles
Vempire

Oh, the white one looks so pretty. I was going to get one at launch but my videogame budget is getting out of hand and if I get the system i'm going to have to buy games with it, so I guess i'll get one next year.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I hope Sony can slash the price in a few months, its more outrages now due to the PS3's and 360 price cuts then when it was first shown even. Though I may take them up on there offer to give them my UPC codes for the right to download the games on the PSN if they go though with that method.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Probably gonna end up buying it, even though i know it should be cheaper. PSP GO + GT Portable + 20 Euro PSN Card for 249 Euro at a local store here kinda pushed me over the edge.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Ninja_Hawk said:
Oh, the white one looks so pretty. I was going to get one at launch but my videogame budget is getting out of hand and if I get the system i'm going to have to buy games with it, so I guess i'll get one next year.
Samesies.

I'm focusing on my triple and I'll buy my PSP when I have enough money to buy a few games with it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I have just realized a bright side. If they really crack down on adding older UMDs to the PSN, we may be able to get some of the Europe and Japanese only games easier.

Wish we were getting something better then a Rock Band demo with the system (I already own RB:U) but I'm still fucking pumped. Cannot wait.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
cw_sasuke said:
Probably gonna end up buying it, even though i know it should be cheaper. PSP GO + GT Portable + 20 Euro PSN Card for 249 Euro at a local store here kinda pushed me over the edge.

damn, that's a really good deal.

Renasu

Neo Member
Will buy one, despite the steep price. I'm european tho, so Grand Turismo PSP is gonna be a nice and free addition :D I'll probably go with the white one, since I already have a silver lite and a black phat.

Iron Toaster said:
I might be buying this, we'll see. I really want one just for Peace Walker, but I don't know if I really want a Go.
That's the only one I have to have at this point. I'm just curious how it'll control since couple of PO players lamented the fact that the analog nub was a poor substitute for the dual shock.

Roxas

spats said:
My phat psp still works so I kinda feel bad about buying a psp go :lol But free GT psp OMG!

I'd hardly call it free when you have to pay £224.99 for the thing...

Why not just get GT PSP for £17.99?

monocromo

I know that its a little OT... I'm thinking about getting a Go, but I don't have any experience with DD and the PSP. So, if I buy a DD game (Jeanne d'Arc, for example) from the PSN Store with the PS3, and I keep it in my PS3 hard drive, do I have a limit of transfers from the PS3 to the PSP..?

NomarTyme

monocromo said:
I know that its a little OT... I'm thinking about getting a Go, but I don't have any experience with DD and the PSP. So, if I buy a DD game (Jeanne d'Arc, for example) from the PSN Store with the PS3, and I keep it in my PS3 hard drive, do I have a limit of transfers from the PS3 to the PSP..?
Nope.

monocromo said:

I'm not totally sure, but if you use the same PSN ID for your PSP Go, there should be no limitations on sharing your software between systems.

Don't quote me on that, though.

anddo0

I'm happy with my PSP 2000... but can't pass this up. I do wish the US day one bonus was better.. Rockband lite, really? :|

monocromo

NomarTyme said:

autobzooty said:
I'm not totally sure, but if you use the same PSN ID for your PSP Go, there should be no limitations on sharing your software between systems.

Don't quote me on that, though.

Thanks a lot. I like the PS3 dd games service a lot and think that is very convenient.. so the jump to dd on PSP is very interesting (for me, at least) but I wish to know all the little text to avoid problems. The content is subject to the same rules of PSN releases for the PS3..? Let's say 5 downloads from PSN to PS3, but unlimited transfers from PS3 to PSP..? Something like that..?

Still waiting on the UMD library to be fleshed out as well as details on the "good will" program for existing collections. I do want it, I hate the current PSP ergonomically, but if it only plays the new hotness and I have to pay retail for all the older games I already own as they slowly drip out, sorry, no go.

Way to take the lead with the OP, Captain N

Xater said:
I'm getting the white one. I think it looked really sexy at Gamescom.

Did you see it in person? I'm curious about the "sparkles" and how it looks in person. Videos and pics of the white one have been all over the place. It does look nice, though.

I've got my black pre-order ready to go with one-day Amazon Prime.

A Twisty Fluken said:
Still waiting on the UMD library to be fleshed out as well as details on the "good will" program for existing collections. I do want it, I hate the current PSP ergonomically, but if it only plays the new hotness and I have to pay retail for all the older games I already own as they slowly drip out, sorry, no go.
This. I am not going to buy one until they figure out a way to transfer titles to the pspgo

Does anyone know is Sony is going to be releasing one of those soft cases, like the one that came with the PSP 1000? That thing is so good, I would love to have one for my PSPgo.

TheExecutive said:
This. I am not going to buy one until they figure out a way to transfer titles to the pspgo

It's uncomfortable enough vs. the DSi that I barely even play my PSP now (despite having a decently-sized library) so if their solution for the new hardware sucks, I may just pull the ripcord and peace out of this platform entirely.

B.K.

I hope the hackers manage to find a way to put custom firmware on it. I would probably get one then. I didn't really like the Go at first, but now, I think it would probably be more comfortable to use than the regular PSP.

Binabik15

I really want to hold one before I think about buying it. Not having to carry UMDs around would be great, though.

But the price ;_;

B.K.

Binabik15 said:
But the price ;_;

If you have an old PSP, trade it and some games in to cut down on the price. I'm going to have to keep my old 1000 forever, unless I sell it on Ebay. I voided the warranty when I opened it to do the d-pad mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom