• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP Remote Joy plugin! [PSP playable on PC via USB cable]

DieH@rd

Banned
chandoog said:
this one, download the remotejoy on the page and use the patched .prx file designed for firmware 3.71 given on that page. ( i have firmware 3.90 m33-2, i can't say if it works on all 3.7+ versions).

besides the whole pressing F5 to suspend the image transfer to save/load (only an issue for FAT psp users, slim works fine) , the game works 100% ok even at 222 mhz.

Note that the game will crash if you have both remotejoy lite and the older remotejoy plugins active at the same time, so i just disable remotejoy lite and use this older remotejoy for crisis core, and vice versa for other games.

Thanks! Does the "f5" trick works for other games that have issues with loading/saving?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
yeah, the F5 trick is a general tip, i think almost all games will crash in the save / load menu if your using a fat PSP. So its a must for us fat users.

Anyone know what all the different things you can change in the PSP menu are? The Thread priority and all those other options? Also, I am not sure if it is the program or just my PC, but so far everything I run is like 30-45 FPS (according to the counter that shows up when you press F1).

adamsapple

thread priority gets rid of some of the lag i think, i've just set it to the max anyway ..

as for the other one's, well i tried tinkering with the address one and it crashed my psp, the type 0 type 1 thing doesn't have any difference though, if you set it to test type then it doesn't display the image properly.

DieH@rd

Banned
AdawgDaFAB said:
Anyone know what all the different things you can change in the PSP menu are? The Thread priority and all those other options? Also, I am not sure if it is the program or just my PC, but so far everything I run is like 30-45 FPS (according to the counter that shows up when you press F1).

I dont know if PC configuration has any effect on RemoteJoy preformance. I get 60fps on Virtua Tennis 4 on AMD 4600+ & gf8600GT.

Alcahest

chandoog said:
thread priority gets rid of some of the lag i think, i've just set it to the max anyway ..

as for the other one's, well i tried tinkering with the address one and it crashed my psp, the type 0 type 1 thing doesn't have any difference though, if you set it to test type then it doesn't display the image properly.

TYPE 0 and TYPE 1 seem to have something to do with the numbers of colors displayed.
TYPE 0 is better, I can clearly see a difference between type 0 & 1, it's like you go from 16bpp to 8bpp for a desktop equivalent.
It's very apparent if you switch live while being in the Crisis Core menu, you'll see the background color is weird with TYPE 1 although it's perfect with TYPE 0.
Later,

Alcahest

Kuran

Banned
setup1.jpg
setup2.jpg

poweld

DSCN3324.jpg

Man, I can't wait to get my new camera this month so I can stop looking at fuzzy pics and upload to the pickup thread :)

WOW! So now I need a REALLY EASY guide on how to put a custom firmware on my first generation PSP. Anybody has a link to one that even I can use?

Kafel said:
No need for a PSP-3000 when you have a good computer screen.

I'd love to see somebody in the park with a computer monitor hanging on his neck and a car-battery bringin' on the fun from a huge back pack. Who needs a PSP-3000?

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Dani said:
How do you configure joypads? I have PS2 controller via USB I wouldnt mind using.

While holding down the joystick button, click on the appropriate button on the GUI that you want to map it to. Axes are mapped via the pulldown options on the right side.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
spindoc said:
While holding down the joystick button, click on the appropriate button on the GUI that you want to map it to. Axes are mapped via the pulldown options on the right side.

Thanks, got the buttons working except the d-pad, it wont accept any of the inputs when I press in, I can see the buttons register on the far hand side but they won't map.

Any hints?

poweld

Dani said:
Thanks, got the buttons working except the d-pad, it wont accept any of the inputs when I press in, I can see the buttons register on the far hand side but they won't map.

Any hints?

Near the middle bottom of the config is a couple of dropdowns, one for the d-pad hat and one for the thumbstick. Set the d-pad one to the [0] option, iirc.

DieH@rd

Banned
Ive just tried Patapon on 0.15 [phat psp] and it works like charm. :D

Anybody knows how to get XMB on PC? I got picture only when i'm in game.

Kuran

Banned
DieH@rd said:
Ive just tried Patapon on 0.15 [phat psp] and it works like charm. :D

Anybody knows how to get XMB on PC? I got picture only when i'm in game.

Enabling the VSH part of the plugin will make the XMB work.. maybe the phat doesn't have enough memory for this?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Any way to map L1+R1 to the right analog stick (on a DS2)? Daxter (and most 3d games that use that system) would benefit greatly from it.

adamsapple

enabling the vsh should allow you to see the xmb on your PC.

but as long as the vsh remotejoy lite is enabled you won't be able to use your psp "regularly" on your pc, i-e no file transfering etc, because it'll only read the psp type B (which is what remotejoy uses).

DieH@rd

Banned
Kuran said:
Enabling the VSH part of the plugin will make the XMB work.. maybe the phat doesn't have enough memory for this?

Maybe. I activated all 4 plugs, and picture is streamed only in games. Its not big deal anyway.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
So, has anyone tried Ridge Racers? How well does it run? Is the PC actually emulating the psp game? Or is the PSP game still running on the actual unit and just being relayed to your PC?

adamsapple

isamu said:
So, has anyone tried Ridge Racers? How well does it run? Is the PC actually emulating the psp game? Or is the PSP game still running on the actual unit and just being relayed to your PC?

this is just transferring the image from the psp screen to the pc, no emulation is going on. Hell you can even play the game using your psp whilst the screen appears on the PC monitor

SOLDIER

So does your PSP have to be homebrew hacked for this to work? If so, I've got a PSP Slim up to date, so please link me to some instructions on how to hack it.

DieH@rd

Banned
SOLDIER said:
So does your PSP have to be homebrew hacked for this to work? If so, I've got a PSP Slim up to date, so please link me to some instructions on how to hack it.
yes you need homebrew.

Also, Force Unleashed works like charm on phat psp [except saving/loading, but that can be solved]

Schrade

New version is up: http://cgi.din.or.jp/~takakind/cgi-bin/index.cgi?p=RemoteJoyLite

Direct Download: http://cgi.din.or.jp/~takakind/RemoteJoyLite_016.zip

Poorly translated changelog:

Ver 0.16 :When the PC's screen saver active suppression. PSP Screen OFF Sometimes USB切れたらconnection PSP Screen ON Back. Input pad was delayed 1 frame has been fixed. Some games on display did not have been fixed. Full-time position and screen size can be specified. POV, AXIS, ROT be assigned to the button. Some PSP only able to transfer region. Some PC diagonally dot slippage occurred had been fixed.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Any way to map L1+R1 to the right analog stick (on a DS2)? Daxter (and most 3d games that use that system) would benefit greatly from it.

This is now possible. Pretty awesome, I mapped the camera controls in Monster Hunter to my L2/R2. no more hook claw for me!

DieH@rd

Banned
spindoc said:
Here's remotejoylite016 with the english binary

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xpsrhn

edit: the zip doesn't include the usb drivers, nor any of the documentation.

Judging by the PSP.QJ.NET post, here is the changelog:

Enable/disable screen saver when program is active.
If USB get unplugged when PSP screen is off, PSP screen will be on automatically.
Pad control had single frame delay - fixed.
Some PC had problems that screen shows single dot off the edge of the screen - fixed
Game compatibility increased. < :D

To do list:
You can set screen size and screen location while full screen
POV, AXIS, ROT can be allocated to the buttons
Transferring only a part of the PSP memory area

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
DieH@rd said:
Judging by the PSP.QJ.NET post, here is the changelog:

Enable/disable screen saver when program is active.
If USB get unplugged when PSP screen is off, PSP screen will be on automatically.
Pad control had single frame delay - fixed.
Some PC had problems that screen shows single dot off the edge of the screen - fixed
Game compatibility increased. < :D

To do list:
You can set screen size and screen location while full screen
POV, AXIS, ROT can be allocated to the buttons
Transferring only a part of the PSP memory area

You can already set the screen size/location in this build.
I can map the dpad to my left analog stick, its not seeing my right atm.

I think the framerate has worsened in this version, anyone else experiencing the same?
edit: It's tied to the thread priority, when I had it set at 63, the more demanding scenes dropped the framerate quite a bit.

DieH@rd

Banned

NeOak

SOLDIER said:
It says I also need a Magic Memory Stick, but that's something that can be done with a regular pro duo stick, right?

What's the difference between these two batteries? Will either work for my slim?

http://us.codejunkies.com/Products/PSP-MAX-Power-TOOL__EF000536.aspx

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12472

If that's the case I'll go with the cheaper version.

They are basically the same battery with the EEPROM set to transmit the 0xFFFFF code that sets the PSP in pre-flash mode.

NeOak

Durante said:
The "v 0.15 [win drivers + psp plugin + GUI]" link in the first post is broken.

I got them from here:
http://customizepsp.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=5011 said:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CU3WAQ8L

Pics. All with 0.16 on Vista

Crisis Core
09202008312.jpg

09202008314.jpg

Monster Hunter Freedom 2
09202008315.jpg

09202008318.jpg

Ace Combat X using the Ace Edge
09202008309.jpg

09202008310.jpg

Kuran

Banned
Damn the whole Ace Edge debacle.. no matter how much I wanted that thing, there was no way I could find one to ship to Belgium on release.

SOLDIER

The Pandora battery arrived in the mail. Could I get a quick how-to on which of the steps to take in the other thread? I want to make sure I do this right.

I can't get this shit to work at all. I load up the program and just get a waiting screen. What am I supposed to do from there?

I'm on custom firmware 4.01.

Top Bottom