• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP Remote Joy plugin! [PSP playable on PC via USB cable]

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Unregistered007 said:
my psp 1000 just chases and turns off when I start god of war... any suggestions will be appreciated.

It's a memory issue. You can set a different memory address via the settings, try to find an unused memory address, and it should hopefully work out.

VicViper

Reposting some photos and a video I took of RemoteJoyLite in action:

IMG_1492.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg

IMG_1498.jpg

IMG_1499.jpg

IMG_1509.jpg

IMG_1510-1.jpg

Wipeout Pulse and Super Stardust Portable on my 22" LCD, controlled with a Dual Shock.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHN9lRb8CzE

For those having trouble setting things up: Make sure you're using RemoteJoyLite, not the original RemoteJoy, because the former is a massive improvement and much easier to use. Mixing these up will give you a headache.

Schrade said:
What? The audio is determined by what you have it hooked up to.

I was thinking that might be the case. The only male to male headphone cable I had was about 2 inches long and I had to connect my PSP audio to my logitech headset microphone jack, so maybe that's the reason for it. Gotta get a longer cable then.

Jaroof

So I'm trying to put the PSP Type B driver on my computer, which runs Vista Home Premium..
It comes up with "This file is invalid for use as the following: Security Catalog"
What do I do?

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Fizzle said:
Wait will this work on a PSP Phat? I wanna try this out NOW!

It works on the PSP Phat. The demanding games (God of War/ Crisis Core) might not work out of the box, but there are plenty of workarounds to circumvent those kind of issues.

comrade

So this was working fine for me a couple days ago but now for some reason it says disp off in the top right corner. Any ideas?

Edit: ok figured it out. It was from having screen capture turned on. No idea why.

DieH@rd

Banned
Fizzle said:
Wait will this work on a PSP Phat? I wanna try this out NOW!

It will work fine, just disable video streaming when you want to save. Only saving& loading is problematic on PHAT.

Jaroof said:
So I'm trying to put the PSP Type B driver on my computer, which runs Vista Home Premium..
It comes up with "This file is invalid for use as the following: Security Catalog"
What do I do?

I didn't get really deep into it....but I'm running Vista 64 Premium and I never ran into any issue about asking me to disable driver verification (as stated in OP). Yet RemoteJoylite still wouldn't work for me either.

Nirran

Sorry to bump this thread up but I can't find the answer to this anywhere. I'm trying to configure the 360 controller to work with remotejoylite 0.19. When I go into the joy part of the config some of the boxes are completely empty and nothing I do works. I read through the entire thread and saw to hold the button and that does nothing either. If someone could help me I'd be very thankful!

Tiduz

Eurogaime
what the...

as soon as i open the prog i get a bsod with usbhost.sys error. didnt have this before installing the drivers, now i have it even after installing, and get this, it works fine on my laptop.

lol seriously wtf.

moowear

Sorry to bump this thread up but I can't find the answer to this anywhere. I'm trying to configure the 360 controller to work with remotejoylite 0.19. When I go into the joy part of the config some of the boxes are completely empty and nothing I do works. I read through the entire thread and saw to hold the button and that does nothing either. If someone could help me I'd be very thankful!

you have to click your mouse and the corresponding direction on the pad at the same time i believe. that's how i got mine working. hope that's correct.

DieH@rd

Banned
ok I updated OP with v0.19

also v0.20a is out, can someone translate?

RemoteJoyLite_020a.zip(注)α版ですので不具合多いです。
・PSP側の画面一時保存バッファをアドレス指定方式からプラグイン内部で確保した領域に変更してます。したがってプラグインが使用するメモリが増大しましたので、プラグインをたくさん有効にしているとメモリ不足になるかもしれません。
・プラグインのUSB転送周りのソースを大改良したので処理の無駄は減っていると思いますが、動作チェックが不足しているので新たなバグが入った可能性があります。
・画像転送部分のソース修正対応が間に合わなかったので、画像転送方式の「TYPE1以外」は封印してます。

EGM92

0.20a is already in english.

is there a way to smooth the graphics in games? It looks good but it could seriously use some AA.

PSP I have enough space to change the plug-in from internal
addressing system when a buffer to store the screen. Since the increased use of plug-in memory, so you may run out of memory and have enabled a lot of plug-ins.
USB plug-in processing of waste so that the source of around a big improvement, but the transfer has decreased and may have entered a new bug because of a lack of check work.
Akira Osamu missing because the corresponding sources of image transfer, image transfer system “TYPE1 outside”, I have sealed.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Okay, when I run the program it's perfect, but I am running into an interesting issue.

I was writing up a procedure so that I could make a Youtube video on how to set all this up. As I did this, I ran into a problem. After installing the program and enabling the plug-ins, I couldn't rip ISOs anymore! I would set the USB Mode to UMD Disc, but it always boots to the Memory Stick.

Frustrated, I reinstalled my firmware 5.00 M33-4, tried again and it worked. Figured it was just a weird glitch. So I reinstalled the Remote Joy Lite 19, enabled the plugins, and once again, it would always boot to the Memory Stick in USB mode, never to the disc.

What did I do wrong?

Lucis

no 64bit vista support make me cry ; ;

EDIT: ACTUALLY

random internet search said:
Using Remotejoy on Vista 64bit
Even though everyone here probably hates the vista..i LOVE the vista 64, and until today using remote joy on it was a bit of a pain in the arse.

Because Vista 64 has increased driver security, I would have to reboot, press F8 to enter boot menu and select Disable Signed Driver Requirement because the usbhost driver is not digitally signed BUT the psp type b would install successfully and then it would work fine if ran during that session..but it will NEVER work booting straight into windows until now!

Since a signed driver must have a way to be tested during development some research on the windows sdk and driver sdk was done by me and all
But today i busted some ass put on my thinking cap and abused google to find the answer!

So what do we have to do?

First reboot press F8 to enter boot menu and select Disable Signed Driver Requirement

Now that we are in the sandbox so to say we can successfully create and install an unsigned driver, but then replace the file with a signed one.

First we must tell windows we are testing drivers.
bcdedit.exe /set TESTSIGNING ON
Prior to RTM, this had fixed the problem, but now that command is not as powerful and only works for one session when in Disable Signed Driver Mode.

Now that we have done that, we must create a certificate.
makecert.exe -$ individual -r -pe -ss "PSP Certificate Store" -n CN="PSP Driver" "PSP Driver.cer"

If that went well, lets install the certificate in the appropriate place
certmgr.exe /add "PSP Driver.cer" /s /r localMachine root

Now that the certificate is installed, lets tell our driver.sys files that that certificate is to be used
signtool.exe sign /v /s "PSP Certificate Store" /n "PSP Driver" libusb0.sys
signtool.exe sign /v /s "PSP Certificate Store" /n "PSP Driver" libusb0_x64.sys

As long as there is not an error we can verify the link between driver file and certificate.
signtool.exe verify /pa /v libusb0.sys
signtool.exe verify /pa /v libusb0_x64.sys

Code:

Code:
C:\Users\SchmilK\Desktop\PSP_TypeB_drivers_0.1.12.1\Test>signtool.exe verify /pa /v libusb0.sys Verifying: libusb0.sys SHA1 hash of file: 3993BBE75F9FC1A895FC0842F6B65D3745B59ACB Signing Certificate Chain: Issued to: PSP Type B Issued by: PSP Type B Expires: 12/31/2039 6:59:59 PM SHA1 hash: 4A899509FE373D5A764D60AAA3B858C622ACF4B4 File is not timestamped. Successfully verified

WOOHOO..we just signed a driver with a temporary certificate that will expire in 2034 or so :p

Now if you have already installed the usbhost drivers rename libusb0_x64.sys to libusb0.sys and overwrite the file in c:\windows\system32\drivers and reboot to test it out.

If you have never installed the USBhost PSP Type B driver then copy both the libusb0.sys and libusb0_x64.sys to the folder with the usbhost drivers and overwrite the old ones, connect your psp via usb, enable remotejoy/remotejoylite and tell windows that you want to choose the driver for this device and point to your usb drivers folder at this time. Test by starting remotejoylite.exe and see if you have a display!

Once it is all done you can reboot and try again in regular mode. If it works, pat your self on the back for following directions real well

If you fell you have screwed up and want to restart, Uninstall the PSP Type B while it is connected in device manager, delete the libusb0.sys from c:\windows\system32 and remove the PSP Certificate Store in your registry here HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\SystemCertifi cates

The above mentioned .exe utilities can be found by googling them, therefore I will not attach for reasons that i dont know what their redistribution rules are.

Hollar back and let me know if you are using remotejoy and vista64!!

p.s. video capture is PERFECT and everything is SOOO much faster in remotejoylite 0.15 and vista 64bit!

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2uqignhm3ag

Download and extract that.

Make sure you reboot and press F8 then select DISABLE SIGNED DRIVER REQUIREMENT!

After reboot, double click 1 - Create and install certificate and modify sys file.bat and it will create a certificate, install it, and leave libusb0.sys and libus0_x64.sys.

If you have already installed and have remote joy working then just delete libusb0.sys and rename libusb0_x64.sys to libusb0.sys and copy that file to c:\windows\system32\drivers and overwrite the current.

If you havent installed the drivers, copy BOTH .sys files into Original usbhostfs_pc+drivers_x64 and replace. Then enable remotejoy on psp, and when asked for drivers point it to the above mentioned folder. Now test your remote joy. If it works, reboot and it should work in normal operating windows.

Lucis

WOOT
got it working with vista 64bit with the latest fw.
However it seems that it has problem loading game while remotejoy is plugged in. the easy way around it is to launch game first then start remote joy.
now i need to figure out if i can get DS3 to work with this... and then I need a freaking ion nettop

=D
it can use some AA though lol
psp_pc_dissidia01_563.jpg

psp_pc_dissidia02_140.jpg

psp_pc_dissidia03_621.jpg

panda21

is there any way of using this on mac or linux?

and on a semi related note is it possible to get a plugin for CFW to let you control your psp with a sixaxis plugged into the usb port? (hmm thinking about this, I just realised its the same hole at both ends, is this bad?)

Schrade

panda21 said:
is there any way of using this on mac or linux?

and on a semi related note is it possible to get a plugin for CFW to let you control your psp with a sixaxis plugged into the usb port? (hmm thinking about this, I just realised its the same hole at both ends, is this bad?)
RemoteJoy was developed under Linux and since Mac is basically unix (FreeBSD) then yeah.. you can compile your own quite easily.

Also, there is no "USB Host" ability on the PSP. So you can't do that.

SappYoda

Is there any app similar to this for PS2?

My PS2 looks awful on my TV and seen how the PSP fares, with PS2 higher resolution maybe it looks even better.

JDS 1977

Banned
When I try to install the driver for this I keep getting an error saying to make sure what I'm using is for 32 bit which I am doing.. I also disabled the driver verify thingy upon bootup as noted earlier.

I'm using Vista Home Premium with Sp1

Tailzo

Not working on my cfw psp slim. I have done this:

copied a SE PLUGINS folder to my psp (I didn't have it before)
Istalled driver for windows xp 32bit
enabled the 3 new functions in recovery mode
clicked on remoteJoyLite_en.exe

and it's just black and "waiting"

JDS 1977

Banned
I never even get the hardware wizard to pop up. My pc keeps recognizing the PSP as it normally does anytime I enter USB mode even after uninstalling the PSP drivers.

I tried to install the remote joy driver manually through device manager but keeps saying it's not designed for 32 bit version. which it is..

So I need a way to get the damn "found new hardware" thing to pop up when I plug in and start the game but it doesn't. It's really frustrating.

Tailzo

Tailzo said:
Not working on my cfw psp slim. I have done this:

copied a SE PLUGINS folder to my psp (I didn't have it before)
Istalled driver for windows xp 32bit
enabled the 3 new functions in recovery mode
clicked on remoteJoyLite_en.exe

and it's just black and "waiting"

edit:
Oh and my psp is connected via usb and in USB mode. It is also recognized as a psp by my pc.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Doesn't work for me. The furthest I got was getting the black screen with one line of text displayed on the PSP to appear on my computer. The %loadvsh and %loadjoy commands didn't seem to do anything.

Then I went to the recovery menu and enabled those 2 plugins and now I get an error message on the black screen with the white text.

JDS 1977

Banned
Edit.

The problem I'm having now is I'll start a game, then hook up USB and run remotejoy and then the psp displays the game for a moment, freezes up and turns itself off...

any ideas?

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
JDS 1977 said:
Edit.

The problem I'm having now is I'll start a game, then hook up USB and run remotejoy and then the psp displays the game for a moment, freezes up and turns itself off...

any ideas?

Try a different game, also, are you on a PSP1000? I remember Wild Arms XF and Crisis Core used to be unstable.

Fusebox

Banned
I can't get FFVII-PSX to work with this which is a shame coz all my PSP games work perfectly and FFVII would have looked great on the laptop.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Can someone explain to me like I'm a child what the hell you have to do to get this to work please becuase I've been trying for days, I've downloaded v 0.19, there is no help file in there, no USB drivers, just the following,

eq35o5.jpg

Now what am I supposed to do ?

My setup, PSP Slim CFW 5.00 M33-6, WindowsXP

This is what I have done so far,

1) I've copied RemoteJoyLite.prx into my seplugins folder on my PSP.

2) Created a text file in my seplugins folder called game.txt with the following line inside it 'ms0:/seplugins/RemoteJoyLite.prx 1'

3) Enabled the plugin in the PSP's M33 Recovery menu.

4) Plugged in PSP, windows (XP) detects PSP as normal.

5) Double clicked RemotejoyLite.exe, a box pops up and says waiting.

6) Double clicked on RemotejoyLite_en.exe, a box pops up and says waiting.

Anyone ?

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
lowrider007 said:
This is what I have done so far,

1) I've copied RemoteJoyLite.prx into my seplugins folder on my PSP.

2) Created a text file in my seplugins folder called game.txt with the following line inside it 'ms0:/seplugins/RemoteJoyLite.prx 1'

3) Enabled the plugin in the PSP's M33 Recovery menu.

4) Plugged in PSP, windows (XP) detects PSP as normal.

5) Double clicked RemotejoyLite.exe, a box pops up and says waiting.

6) Double clicked on RemotejoyLite_en.exe, a box pops up and says waiting.

Anyone ?

Mostly fine, you need to google for a PSP Type B driver and download it. At step 4, Windows should give you a New Hardware Detected prompt and you should use the drivers you downloaded.

Lastly, you don't to run both exe builds, the one with the _en suffix is in English, the other in Japanese.

If you still get the "Waiting" message, try rebooting Windows so that the drivers take effect.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
spindoc said:
Mostly fine, you need to google for a PSP Type B driver and download it. At step 4, Windows should give you a New Hardware Detected prompt and you should use the drivers you downloaded.

Lastly, you don't to run both exe builds, the one with the _en suffix is in English, the other in Japanese.

If you still get the "Waiting" message, try rebooting Windows so that the drivers take effect.

Right, that's helped, I've now got it working but the only problem I have now is that every time I try and load a game the USB disconnects (I hear the usb chime) and I get a black window with 'waiting' in the corner, but as soon as I hit 'Home' on the PSP and go back to the XMB I hear the USB chime again and It's working again, I've tried this with many games now, am I missing something ? the following is correct yes ?

2hn2mhf.jpg

robox

this remote joy is not too joyful

my problem is i can't get the usb type b drivers to work.
every time i connect, it automatically detects prepares the driver as a storage device
i try uninstalling and connecting it and it does the same thing
i try updating the type b drivers from http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13368432&postcount=225 and it says "specified location does not contain
information about your hardware"

this on a psp1000 running cfw 5.0 on windows xp

Top Bottom