• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP Remote Joy plugin! [PSP playable on PC via USB cable]

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
JoeFenix said:
Uninstalled the usb device and when I plug in my psp it does detect a new usb device and asks for drivers, I point it to my driver folder in usb_drivers and it doesn't work. Fails everytime :(

That's strange, its possible that you have a damaged key in your IDStorage. Luckily this can be easily fixed, there's a homebrew app called KeyCleaner 1.4 (the key you're hoping to fix is #41). It's straightforward and safe to use. If it does fix the key, just reattempt to install the drivers, hopefully it should work then.

JoeFenix

Well I ran that program and that key is indeed bad but it doesn't fix it. Quickly looking around the web for a solution lead me to a program called IdStorageManager but the steps required are really intimidating.

Is there an easy way to fix this?

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
JoeFenix said:
Well I ran that program and that key is indeed bad but it doesn't fix it. Quickly looking around the web for a solution lead me to a program called IdStorageManager but the steps required are really intimidating.

Is there an easy way to fix this?

There is, you'll need a Pandora battery and DC8 (Despertar del Cementerio v8) which is a universal unbricker tool. Included in is an option to regenerate your IDStorage.

Are you familiar with the tool?

robox

seems this thing causes a crash when the game tries to access both the memory stick and wifi at the same time. on psp 1000 model.

had a problem accessing the download section of monhun freedom unite where it would just hang. would also crash trying to save game after coming from an online quest. so i tried disabling remotejoy plugin and now i can get to the download section.

donno if this is a previously known problem..

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
i'm having a weird issue guys, i downloaded the latest version, and have set up the prx paths for the game and vsh, the thing works great when i'm in the vsh, but for some reason it's not working in the actual game..

it asked me to install the drivers which i made it auto search on the net and install, help me plz ?

some crappy shots off of my vsh menu ..

3-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

and can someone please help me with this problem too ?

20a5v7p.jpg

DieH@rd

Banned
Kintaro said:
So, if I understand this right, this is all through homebrew?

Yes, a pretty awesome homebrew for psp [and a PC gui program] that transfers PSP screen on pc with nice upscaler. You can also play games with any PC controller.

perfect video, no fps drops

adamsapple

@die hard, you haven't put up the 2.0 version in the OP, is that version not good right now or something ?

Paracelsus

Hey guys, quick questions:

- Does this app require a very powerful PC, like it's a PSP emulator or something?
- Does the system requirement vary depending on the resolution (is this thing resoution-based anyway?)

adamsapple

Paracelsus said:
Hey guys, quick questions:

- Does this app require a very powerful PC, like it's a PSP emulator or something?
- Does the system requirement vary depending on the resolution (is this thing resoution-based anyway?)

1. my very mediocre 2004 era PC with an extremely crappy geforce 5200 seems to run it fine ..
2. it's not resolution based, it just blows the image to full screen..

DieH@rd

Banned
chandoog said:
@die hard, you haven't put up the 2.0 version in the OP, is that version not good right now or something ?

I dont have PSP anymore, but give me a link and i will edit the OP.

Paracelsus

chandoog said:
1. my very mediocre 2004 era PC with an extremely crappy geforce 5200 seems to run it fine ..
2. it's not resolution based, it just blows the image to full screen..

Thanks, that means I'll be fine too.

adamsapple

can someone tell me if thread priority is better off as a higher value or a lower one ? (yes i'm dumb, and can't notice a difference myself)

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Thread priority dictates how much CPU time the plugin gets on the PSP. If you're playing a game and everything feels sluggish(smooth framerate but not running at 1x speed), bump up the priority. However, if you're playing a demanding game, too high of a priority would affect the game's performance and the framerate will start dropping(should be noticeable even on the PSP screen).

dfyb

Banned
i heard you could use dualshock 3 with this. is there any input lag when doing this?

edit: it seems the OP link for the PSP plugin and win drivers is dead. anyone have mirror?

Dwayne

Does anyone have any tips for me? I tried using RemoteJoy with MGAcid today, and it seems to crash on launch, loading, and exiting levels. I'm using .19, cheers.

DieH@rd

Banned
I have reuploaded v0.15 to Megaupload [archive contains win drivers, gui and psp plugins]. I dont know how long will this remain on MU, we need to find some permanent solution...

Dwayne said:
Does anyone have any tips for me? I tried using RemoteJoy with MGAcid today, and it seems to crash on launch, loading, and exiting levels. I'm using .19, cheers.
Do you have a slim of phat?

adamsapple

Dwayne said:

well, recently technu for me has that issue but only when booting the game, once the game boots, i turn on remote joy after that and everything (saving loading etc) works flawlessly.

once you figure out what instances your game crashes at, just use the video disable key to stop the video feed temporarily.

Dwayne

spindoc said:
Are you using any other plugins concurrently, like CWCheat? Try disabling everything else and see if the crashes persist.

Nothing, that's the thing about it. I have both plugin's enabled (GAME/VSH). Has anyone else tried MGAcid?

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Dwayne said:
Nothing, that's the thing about it. I have both plugin's enabled (GAME/VSH). Has anyone else tried MGAcid?

I just tested it, no crashes. I'm using TYPE 1 transfer type and this address 0x8B000000
You can find those settings under the PSP tab on the PC client of remotejoy.

If they're the same, are you playing the game off a UMD or are you using the CFW loader? Try switching to the m33 loader (select on XMB, and switch UMD ISO MODE to 'M33 driver'. It uses less memory, could be an issue.

Lastly, see if the same problem persists with other games. That's all I can think of :(

Lucis

Updating for WIN7

I got an ION HTPC, 32bit WIN7 RTM had absolutely NO PROBLEM installing PSP type B driver. I need to try the PS3 controller driver.

9231_134074836355_559191355_3060665_1491330_n.jpg

9231_134074916355_559191355_3060666_2718213_n.jpg

9231_134074981355_559191355_3060668_4028929_n.jpg

It runs absolutely amazing on my 46 inch LCD TV. Dissidia did look a bit bad after converting that high. But absolutely no slow down on the ATOM.

Works on all the emulator also. SNES game looks swell on the tv too!
9231_134083001355_559191355_3060700_2606188_n.jpg

Man can't move away from M33 =(.
Does anyone know if GEN has the same features? (doubt it ><)

SOLDIER

Has this been made easier to get working with Vista 64? Last time I tried I couldn't get it to display anything.

Lucis

SOLDIER said:
Has this been made easier to get working with Vista 64? Last time I tried I couldn't get it to display anything.

it works on vista64, look for my post a few (or 1) page back... I think i detailed it.

SOLDIER

I may have discovered the problem. On Device Manager, PSP Tybe B (with an ! next to the name) is listed under Lib-USB-Win32 Devices. Since my PC is Vista 64, this could be the conflict. How can I fix this?

Lucis

SOLDIER said:
I may have discovered the problem. On Device Manager, PSP Tybe B (with an ! next to the name) is listed under Lib-USB-Win32 Devices. Since my PC is Vista 64, this could be the conflict. How can I fix this?

uninstall the driver and follow my instruction on the previous page?

SOLDIER

If you're talking about the tutorial post, it's hard to read when I just want to retrace a step. Can I just get the quickie version on how to uninstall the 32 bit USB driver and add in the 64 bit one?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Has anyone gotten this to work on a MacBook (via bootcamp)? I tried before and never could get it running.

Lucis

SOLDIER said:
If you're talking about the tutorial post, it's hard to read when I just want to retrace a step. Can I just get the quickie version on how to uninstall the 32 bit USB driver and add in the 64 bit one?

No, if you have read the tutorial you'd know that you have to do a developer sign on the driver and boot vista 64 into test mode before you can install the USB driver. There's no quick way to your fix.

And for the MBP over boot camp, i don't see how it'd be different. But then again I never tried...

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Kirashi said:
And for the MBP over boot camp, i don't see how it'd be different. But then again I never tried...

Not MBP, MacBook. The older model with the integrated GMA X3100 graphics card, to be precise.

d0c_zaius

just wondering if anyone found a way around this issue:

Everything works fine, until I launch a game. Then the PSP screen appears for a couple seconds until the PSP shuts off and the screen turns black with WAITING text in the corner. This happens with any game I try.

Ive seen some posts in this topic showing the same issues but no responses.

EDIT: Ok i just tried GG accent core and it works wtf, and the other games that didnt work before too. Just like another post above. Weird.....

d0c_zaius

Finally got it working again. Ill be staying away from PS1 games from now on.

Now when I boot games it shuts the psp off. And then after this happens a couple of times, I have to reboot my pc to get the PSP to even show up.

I had this issue when I first tried to get it working last night, and it magically went away.

It stalls on the white PSP screen, then shuts off. Anyone else able to find a fix for this?

EDIT: well its a sketch workaround, but if I start the game first, then remote joy after it loads, it works.

SOLDIER

Okay, I'm trying once again to get this working, but I first need to know how to completely uninstall all the info on my PC and start from scratch. Every time I uninstall the USB drive from device manager it just reinstalls the 32 bit one. I need to figure out how to completely erase things and then make sure I install the 64 bit driver. Please help me.

SOLDIER

So supposedly this thing is way, way easier to install on Windows 7 than in Vista, right?

I'm installing Windows 7 64 bit today. What are the instructions for it?

CiSTM

Banned
speedpop said:
Even though it's somewhat hypocritical for me to state this.. but isn't the point of "Portable" in PSP supposed to be just that?

I guess you are right... But then there are people like me who don't carry their DS/PSP around. I just play them at home :lol So for me this plug-in thing is great news.

Schrade

SOLDIER said:
Can I get an answer to my question? 7 is going to be fully installed later tonight.
64 bit Vista and 64 bit Windows 7 are usually a pain in the ass to install unsigned drivers on. You usually have to jump through hoops.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Okay, so I'm using RemoteJoy + S-Video Out on my PC to display my PSP on my SDTV. Any tips to maybe make it look just slightly less awful? It's not a big issue for most games, but for the one game I use it for the most, Monster Hunter, it's a pretty big deal. Text is nearly unreadable and everything just looks...bad. Any tweaks/hints at all would be appreciated.

Lynko

Sorry for the bumpage but it's actually kind of an important question for me too. Is there a way to get Remotejoy up and going on Windows 7 x64 (Pro)? I didn't mind jumping through hoops to get it on here currently for Vista, I just want an okay from someone that got it on 7 x64.

I was thinking I'd dual boot and keep Vista AND 7 on here but I'm running into some problems getting shrink space for it...so.. help?

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Lynko said:
Sorry for the bumpage but it's actually kind of an important question for me too. Is there a way to get Remotejoy up and going on Windows 7 x64 (Pro)? I didn't mind jumping through hoops to get it on here currently for Vista, I just want an okay from someone that got it on 7 x64.

I was thinking I'd dual boot and keep Vista AND 7 on here but I'm running into some problems getting shrink space for it...so.. help?
Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider

DL that for the driver problem, not sure if it works for this specific stuff but helped me with other unsigned drivers

Top Bottom