• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP Remote Joy plugin! [PSP playable on PC via USB cable]

Schrade

r - b - x said:
this remote joy is not too joyful

my problem is i can't get the usb type b drivers to work.
every time i connect, it automatically detects prepares the driver as a storage device
i try uninstalling and connecting it and it does the same thing
i try updating the type b drivers from http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13368432&postcount=225 and it says "specified location does not contain
information about your hardware"

this on a psp1000 running cfw 5.0 on windows xp
The Type B USB mode New Hardware Wizard won't pop up until you load up the plugin on the PSP. So make sure you have your plugins setup and activated correctly, then boot up a game. THEN you plug in your PSP via USB. You should hear the USB autodetect sound and that's when you do the Type B drivers.

robox

yayo! thanks. the key was "make sure you have your plugins setup and activated correctly" as i had typed in my plugin as remotejoy.prx when the actual file was remotejoyLITE.prx, for some inexplicable reason...

SOLDIER

Since people are helping one another in this thread, I've decided to give this thing another shot, and I'm not quitting until I finally get it working.

So first, to start at the very beginning, where in my PSP folder does the program go in? And how do I boot it up on my PSP?

Fusebox

Banned
It should expand with the right folder structure.
Add the RemoteJoyLite.prx to your seplugins folder.
Add the line ms0:/seplugins/RemoteJoyLite.prx to your vsh.txt and game.txt files, if they aren't there create them.
Enable the plugins from recovery menu.
Install the B type driver
Make sure PSP is NOT in USB mode
Run the remotejoy_en exe
Alt + enter for full-screen

But if anyone can tell me how to get PSX games going it'd be super.

SOLDIER

So I'm supposed to open the program on my PC first, then, while my PSP is on, plug it into the PC (without going into USB mode), and it should display the game, right?

I tried that, but it said my PSP driver wasn't installed correctly. I guess I have to try installing the Type B driver again.

So how do I do that?

SOLDIER

Okay, I connected my PSP and pointed to the driver on my PC folder. It said it was installed successfully, and asked me to restart my PC.

But when I tried RemoteJoy and connected my PSP again, it said the hardware installation failed. Am I supposed to have one of the Driver B files in my PSP as well?

SOLDIER

I'm Vista 64 bit. I've read a tutorial that involves driver signing and certificates and whatnot, but I have no idea how to do any of that. I attempted once, but I'm not sure if I did all the steps, none of the steps, or missed a step or two.

So if there's someone who's an expert on this, can you please help me to A) reset everything I might have done so I can start over on scratch and B) install the goddamn thing on Vista 64?

Fusebox said:
It should expand with the right folder structure.
Add the RemoteJoyLite.prx to your seplugins folder.
Add the line ms0:/seplugins/RemoteJoyLite.prx to your vsh.txt and game.txt files, if they aren't there create them.
Enable the plugins from recovery menu.
Install the B type driver
Make sure PSP is NOT in USB mode
Run the remotejoy_en exe
Alt + enter for full-screen

But if anyone can tell me how to get PSX games going it'd be super.

I spent a day trying to sort this out, you create a POPS.TXT in the seplugins folder and put in:

flash0:/kd/usb.prx 1
ms0:/seplugins/remotejoylite.prx 1

Should do it. The 1 is just so you don't have to go into the recovery menu to turn them on.

SOLDIER

spindoc said:
Just follow this post, I recommend you remove the failed installation from the Device Manager if you want to start from a clean slate.

edit: All the commands are entered through the Run prompt (Win key+R)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=15966033&postcount=282

So all I have to do is just uninstall the PSP from Device Manager? I won't have to undo any other changes during my last (failed) attempt to get this working?

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
SOLDIER said:
So all I have to do is just uninstall the PSP from Device Manager? I won't have to undo any other changes during my last (failed) attempt to get this working?

If you fell you have screwed up and want to restart, Uninstall the PSP Type B while it is connected in device manager, delete the libusb0.sys from c:\windows\system32 and remove the PSP Certificate Store in your registry here HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\SystemCertificates

SOLDIER

Okay. Just a couple more questions, and I'll get started on this tomorrow.

1. It says to restart and hit F8 to bring up the boot menu to disable signed driver requirements. The only boot menu I see is used with F12, and it's just to determine the booting order of my devices. Does it mean BIOS instead? I can't find it in there either. Is there a way I can do this manually while still in windows?

2. It looks like there are two methods to do this (the shorter one has the mediafire link). Which method is more guaranteed to work?

3. Once everything is (hopefully) in order, and it's time to connect my PSP to the PC so it can install the driver and display the game on Remotejoy, do I have to have a game loaded up, or can I just leave it on the XMB?

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
SOLDIER said:
Okay. Just a couple more questions, and I'll get started on this tomorrow.

1. It says to restart and hit F8 to bring up the boot menu to disable signed driver requirements. The only boot menu I see is used with F12, and it's just to determine the booting order of my devices. Does it mean BIOS instead? I can't find it in there either. Is there a way I can do this manually while still in windows?

2. It looks like there are two methods to do this (the shorter one has the mediafire link). Which method is more guaranteed to work?

3. Once everything is (hopefully) in order, and it's time to connect my PSP to the PC so it can install the driver and display the game on Remotejoy, do I have to have a game loaded up, or can I just leave it on the XMB?

1. Press F8 before you see the Vista splash screen.

2. I don't know, sorry.

3. You need to have your game.txt configured properly on SEPLUGINS, and load a game. The PSP usb should be plugged in, and you should then get a Hardware detected prompt from Windows.

Fusebox

Banned
chicken_ramen said:
I spent a day trying to sort this out, you create a POPS.TXT in the seplugins folder and put in:

flash0:/kd/usb.prx 1
ms0:/seplugins/remotejoylite.prx 1

Should do it. The 1 is just so you don't have to go into the recovery menu to turn them on.

I tried something very similar to that and it made my PSP freeze when it booted FFVII but I'll try this now.

edit - yep, freezes right after the Playstation logo when I try to boot FFVII. Oh well., thx anyway.

Ugh, I'm having trouble installing the drivers in Windows 7.

I try to update the drivers with LibUSB, but it doesn't work. Every time I uninstall the drivers, it automatically reinstalls them when I enable USB.

Edit: I have the type b driver installed now, the only issue is that when I plug in my PSP shows as PSP Type A. Also, in Device Manager, the PSP shows up as a disk drive instead of in LibUSB-Win32 devices> PSP Type A

SOLDIER

Still no luck. I thought I had followed all the steps correctly, clicking on each program that was included in the rar link in that post, but I keep getting the same error message. I thought I had turned off the driver signing successfully with this program I found, but that might still be the root of the problem.

I keep jamming F8 when restarting windows, but it never goes to the boot screen. Maybe I need a ps/2 keyboard instead of USB?

I just wish someone would update the stupid thing so it would be easier to install.

Schrade

SOLDIER said:
Still no luck. I thought I had followed all the steps correctly, clicking on each program that was included in the rar link in that post, but I keep getting the same error message. I thought I had turned off the driver signing successfully with this program I found, but that might still be the root of the problem.

I keep jamming F8 when restarting windows, but it never goes to the boot screen. Maybe I need a ps/2 keyboard instead of USB?

I just wish someone would update the stupid thing so it would be easier to install.
There's nothing you can do about it with 64 bit OSes. This is a Microsoft problem, not the developer of the program's problem.

You need to start hitting F8 just as your computer switches from BIOS to loading the OS from your hard drive. Just start mashing it over and over if your reaction time is too slow.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
SOLDIER said:

Can you check your motherboard BIOS and see if USB support is enabled? That could be the problem.

aggro crag said:
Ugh, I'm having trouble installing the drivers in Windows 7.

I try to update the drivers with LibUSB, but it doesn't work. Every time I uninstall the drivers, it automatically reinstalls them when I enable USB.

Edit: I have the type b driver installed now, the only issue is that when I plug in my PSP shows as PSP Type A. Also, in Device Manager, the PSP shows up as a disk drive instead of in LibUSB-Win32 devices> PSP Type A

It'll do that if it's not in the right mode, you need the plugin to be setup on the psp (in the folder with the text file and all that) and you need to be in a psp game. Otherwise it's normal USB memory stick access mode, which is type A.

EDIT: I didn't see the windows 7 part, I have no idea how the process might differ under that. Sorry

Fusebox said:
I tried something very similar to that and it made my PSP freeze when it booted FFVII but I'll try this now.

edit - yep, freezes right after the Playstation logo when I try to boot FFVII. Oh well., thx anyway.

Sorry it didn't help. I've never tried it with FF7, but it has worked with other PSX games for me.

Schrade

aggro crag said:
Craaaaaaaap, the screenshots of it working in XMB misled me. I got it working once I started a game.
Heh misled you how? It works in Game, PSX Emulation and XMB. So just like how Dark Alex's custom firmware has three different plugin files you can update, you can put the remotejoy plugin in each of those files.

It just doesn't stay loaded when switching between each of those.

SOLDIER

spindoc said:
Can you check your motherboard BIOS and see if USB support is enabled? That could be the problem.

Well, this seemed to be the main problem. I had thought I had enabled it before, but in any event, I disabled the driver signing, and it appears I finally installed the B driver correctly.

The only hurdle left is that when I connect the PSP, it says "PRX Version Error!" in the RemoteJoy program. I guess that means I didn't name it correctly? I'm using RemoteJoy 0.19, so please tell me how the path should be named.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
SOLDIER said:
Well, this seemed to be the main problem. I had thought I had enabled it before, but in any event, I disabled the driver signing, and it appears I finally installed the B driver correctly.

The only hurdle left is that when I connect the PSP, it says "PRX Version Error!" in the RemoteJoy program. I guess that means I didn't name it correctly? I'm using RemoteJoy 0.19, so please tell me how the path should be named.

Make sure you're using the prx's and remotejoy exe from the same exact zip. Sounds like you've crossed and matched from an older/different build.

edit: and just to recap , the name of the prx is remotejoylite.prx, if you happen to use any other, it won't work.

SOLDIER

Well, I downloaded the zip, and just replaced the seplugins folder with the one on the zip.

Now I just don't get a display. I've tried unplugging and replugging the PSP while a game is running, but aside from the Vista circle going for a few seconds, I don't get a display.

Anything else I should check?

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
SOLDIER said:
Well, I downloaded the zip, and just replaced the seplugins folder with the one on the zip.

Now I just don't get a display. I've tried unplugging and replugging the PSP while a game is running, but aside from the Vista circle going for a few seconds, I don't get a display.

Anything else I should check?

is game.txt configured correctly?
should have this line
ms0:/seplugins/RemoteJoyLite.prx 1

SOLDIER

Yeah, that checks out.

Game150.txt is missing the 1, though. Should that be added?

Edit: Well, that didn't do anything either.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
chandoog said:
this is just transferring the image from the psp screen to the pc, no emulation is going on. Hell you can even play the game using your psp whilst the screen appears on the PC monitor

If that's true and no emulation is going on, then how does the program allow you to interface your PC gamepads/wheels/pedals/etc to the PSP and control the games with them? Seems like that would require some type emulation, no?

isamu said:
If that's true and no emulation is going on, then how does the program allow you to interface your PC gamepads/wheels/pedals/etc to the PSP and control the games with them? Seems like that would require some type emulation, no?
it transfers inputs to the psp.

DieH@rd

Banned
neoxdonut said:
Will this work on my PSP-1000 if it has a cracked screen?

Dont forget to pause video streaming BEFORE YOU ACCESS save or load screen. [that's becouse v1000 have 32mb of ram less than v2000 and v3000]

JoeFenix

So I'm trying to set this up so I can record some footage for youtube and everything seemed to be going fine, it detected my psp as new hardware and asked for drivers but I accidentaly closed that window and I can't get it to show up again.

Can anyone help?

JoeFenix said:
So I'm trying to set this up so I can record some footage for youtube and everything seemed to be going fine, it detected my psp as new hardware and asked for drivers but I accidentaly closed that window and I can't get it to show up again.

Can anyone help?

You on windows?

If so you can probably find something that says "Add Hardware" under control panel. Or something to that effect. Then it'll walk you through the steps.

JoeFenix

autobzooty said:
You on windows?

If so you can probably find something that says "Add Hardware" under control panel. Or something to that effect. Then it'll walk you through the steps.

Yeah on windows.

What would it show up as? USB device?

JoeFenix said:
Yeah on windows.

What would it show up as? USB device?

i've never actually done this (just kinda wandered into the thread) but there should be an option to have it automatically search for devices that have been connected recently that aren't installed yet. But otherwise it should be under USB (if it's connected via USB, of course).

SOLDIER

My previous problem still stands, I can't get the program to display any games. Can you guys help me to double check other factors that might be impeding this from working?

JoeFenix

I really can't get the drivers to install on XP, can anyone help me? The plugins are activated on my psp but I really can't get the drivers going.

Narag

JoeFenix said:
I really can't get the drivers to install on XP, can anyone help me? The plugins are activated on my psp but I really can't get the drivers going.

I had this issue. Needed key 41 on the memory card repaired so the PC would recognize the PSP.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
JoeFenix said:

Try this. Assuming you have your game.txt configured correctly, load a game on your PSP while the USB is plugged in. On Windows, go to Control Panel > System > Hardware tab > Device Manager. The PSP should be listed there with a question mark. Right click on the PSP, Update Drivers, say No if it asks to connect to Windows Update. Install software from a specified location and point it to where the PSP type B drivers are installed. Hopefully it should be fine from there.

Soldier said:
Bumping yet again.

Just want to confirm, you've created a certificate for the drivers in Vista 64, right? The whole process is futile otherwise.

SOLDIER

spindoc said:
Just want to confirm, you've created a certificate for the drivers in Vista 64, right? The whole process is futile otherwise.

Well, I was certain that I did. I downloaded the zip with the "everything needed to install Remotejoy" folder, and I clicked on the certificate programs. All they did was open a cmd and quickly closed it, so I'm not really sure if it worked or not.

I tried to manually create it (using home key+r), but it said that makecert.exe couldn't be found.

Is there a way to check?

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
SOLDIER said:
Well, I was certain that I did. I downloaded the zip with the "everything needed to install Remotejoy" folder, and I clicked on the certificate programs. All they did was open a cmd and quickly closed it, so I'm not really sure if it worked or not.

I tried to manually create it (using home key+r), but it said that makecert.exe couldn't be found.

Is there a way to check?

I reckon you've rebooted the machine since then, so the best way to check is, plug in the PSP via USB, run a game, and check via the Device Manager to see if a PSP Type B is listed somewhere. If it is, then the problem should be really trivial.

JoeFenix

Still can't get this to work, REALLY pissing me off.

In my hardware tab I don't see the psp, I only see a USB device which I assume is the psp. I point it to my usb_drivers folder in my drivers folder of my remote joy directory and it keeps failing.

I really don't know how to get this to work. I want to upload some Prinny stuff dammit!

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
JoeFenix said:
Still can't get this to work, REALLY pissing me off.

In my hardware tab I don't see the psp, I only see a USB device which I assume is the psp. I point it to my usb_drivers folder in my drivers folder of my remote joy directory and it keeps failing.

I really don't know how to get this to work. I want to upload some Prinny stuff dammit!

Does the USB device have a question mark or exclamation icon? Try Uninstalling it, and unplugging and replugging the PSP, you should get the hardware detected prompt again.

JoeFenix

Uninstalled the usb device and when I plug in my psp it does detect a new usb device and asks for drivers, I point it to my driver folder in usb_drivers and it doesn't work. Fails everytime :(

Top Bottom