• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP Remote Joy plugin! [PSP playable on PC via USB cable]

SOLDIER

I just installed the 4.01 homebrew as well, and I was wondering if someone could post a quick how-to on how to install the latest version of this on the PSP.

finally i got this to work on my psp, i had to fix my 0x0041 key. But now i want it to work with my ds3 controller, is there anything special i must do? i plugged it through usb on my laptop and then it installed a driver, and when i press down a button so i can map it on remotejoy it wont change anything.... help!

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
newusuario said:
finally i got this to work on my psp, i had to fix my 0x0041 key. But now i want it to work with my ds3 controller, is there anything special i must do? i plugged it through usb on my laptop and then it installed a driver, and when i press down a button so i can map it on remotejoy it wont change anything.... help!

spindoc said:
While holding down the joystick button, click on the appropriate button on the GUI that you want to map it to. Axes are mapped via the pulldown options on the right side.

Schrade

spindoc said:
Did you install the Type B USB drivers? They're included in one of the packages.

edit: New version is out 0.17b1, a bit unclear what's been added atm

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=161742
Looks like he released the final 0.17 version. It includes an English version.

Download: http://cgi.din.or.jp/~takakind/RemoteJoyLite_017.zip

RemoteJoyLite Home Page
Google Translated Page

Google Translated changelog:
Code:
Ver 0.17: prx when you start to check the version of the amendment.
"Screen, double-click" / "set" button to add a full-screen switch.
FPS transfer window has been added.
Enter the macro feature.  (Added macro feature?)
When you start at the end of the game and is probably due to the partial freeze of the fixed.
Z-axis analog input pad that set up the assignment of additional cases.

Google Translated Macro Stuff:

SB-: set the play button and macros
CB-: "MacroKey" button while you press the button is set to play a macro
PUSH: Play button is pressed. After the end of the first macro to return to play.
TGL: When you press the play button. When you press Stop during playback. I stopped playing until the end of the macro.
LOOP: After playing to the end of the first macro to the top.

Om3ga

OMG my psp screen cracked so i couldn't play my psp anymore :(. With this thread i discovered this little gem i can play my psp once again :D!!!. just can't play it on the bus to work anymore, but meh.

thanks OP.

and SOLDIER (if you havent' got it working... i'm sure you have by now). Hold R while turning on your PSP to go into recovery mode and enable the plugins. Also enable usb mode (I just did it i don't know if you need to). Restart your psp and thats that.

*note*

You'll first need to install the PSPB drivers to get it to work, but there are various instructions on how to do that in this thread.

mandiller

Om3ga said:
OMG my psp screen cracked so i couldn't play my psp anymore :(. With this thread i discovered this little gem i can play my psp once again :D!!!. just can't play it on the bus to work anymore, but meh.

thanks OP.

and SOLDIER (if you havent' got it working... i'm sure you have by now). Hold R while turning on your PSP to go into recovery mode and enable the plugins. Also enable usb mode (I just did it i don't know if you need to). Restart your psp and thats that.

*note*

You'll first need to install the PSPB drivers to get it to work, but there are various instructions on how to do that in this thread.

Clicking 'enable usb' in the recovery menu will just let you connect a usb and browse the files on your computer like normal. It's just the same as if you clicked the connect usb button in the XMB.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Schrade said:

PUSH: Play button is pressed. After the end of the first macro to return to play.
TGL: When you press the play button. When you press Stop during playback. I stopped playing until the end of the macro.

Any potential uses of a macro in a PSP game?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
am i the only one not able to see the key config buttons in the 017 release ? they just don't appear in the list where you choose the keys for me :(

also which video mode type is recommended ?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
man im having some real issues with the speed, its not going any above 13 fps whilst playing Legend of Heroes ..

any methods of increasing that ?

Link1110

I've been having mostly good results. Star Ocean (Japanese version) and Dracula X Chronicles work perfect. Disgaea is problematic, with face portraits not showing up, and any character that joins you while you're playing on RJL has Laharl's face portrait (and keeps it even after you load your save on a PSP.)

Schrade said:
Looks like he released the final 0.17 version. It includes an English version.

Download: http://cgi.din.or.jp/~takakind/RemoteJoyLite_017.zip

RemoteJoyLite Home Page
Google Translated Page

Google Translated changelog:
Code:
Ver 0.17: prx when you start to check the version of the amendment.
"Screen, double-click" / "set" button to add a full-screen switch.
FPS transfer window has been added.
Enter the macro feature.  (Added macro feature?)
When you start at the end of the game and is probably due to the partial freeze of the fixed.
Z-axis analog input pad that set up the assignment of additional cases.

this has got to be the most frustrated i have been with the psp homebrew scene in a good while (not youse guys, whoever is making this thing)

can someone provide a link with some files that work? i'm throwing this prx file in the plugins directory and the psp isn't recognizing it in the recovery menu.

Schrade

Barkley's Justice said:
this has got to be the most frustrated i have been with the psp homebrew scene in a good while (not youse guys, whoever is making this thing)

can someone provide a link with some files that work? i'm throwing this prx file in the plugins directory and the psp isn't recognizing it in the recovery menu.
Don't forget to add the path to the plugin in the game.txt or vsh.txt.. wherever it is you want the RemoteJoyLite to work. game = games/homebrew and vsh = the XMB.

So make sure you have a text file in your /seplugins folder that contains the following line (append the line if you already have other plugins in the text file):

/seplugins/game.txt contents:

ms0:/seplugins/RemoteJoyLite.prx

/seplugins/vsh.txt contents:

Once you add one or both of those line to the appropriate text file then you can reboot the PSP and hold the right shoulder button down to get into the recovery menu and turn on/off the plugin.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Schrade said:
Don't forget to add the path to the plugin in the game.txt or vsh.txt.. wherever it is you want the RemoteJoyLite to work. game = games/homebrew and vsh = the XMB.

So make sure you have a text file in your /seplugins folder that contains the following line (append the line if you already have other plugins in the text file):

/seplugins/game.txt contents:

/seplugins/vsh.txt contents:

Once you add one or both of those line to the appropriate text file then you can reboot the PSP and hold the right shoulder button down to get into the recovery menu and turn on/off the plugin.

There was a bug in 4.01 where any additional blank characters or empty new lines in the text file would cause only the first prx to load. Open the text file in Notepad, try moving the cursor with the arrow keys, if it goes outside the bounds of whatever you placed there, use backspace to clear it up and save the file.

edit: You have to upgrade.

ok, i've updated my firmware. when i connect the psp to xp it recognizes the device then asks for the driver. but i cant figure out how to select the driver? xp does not allow me to point to the folder??

Schrade

Barkley's Justice said:
ok, i've updated my firmware. when i connect the psp to xp it recognizes the device then asks for the driver. but i cant figure out how to select the driver? xp does not allow me to point to the folder??
Download this: PSP_Type_B_LibUSB-0.1.12.1.rar

Extract it somewhere you'll remember how to get to. Then, when you get the New Hardware Device Detected wizard that pops up for your PSP, select the option "Install from a list or specific location" then choose the Have Disk option and steer to the directory where you extracted the drivers. Should be self explanatory from there.

Ryu1999

Can't seem to get it working with PSX games/popsloader. Tried the instructions I found through google but nothing seems to work. Any tips? (Other than just using a psx emulator)

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Ryu1999 said:
Can't seem to get it working with PSX games/popsloader. Tried the instructions I found through google but nothing seems to work. Any tips? (Other than just using a psx emulator)

This might sound obvious, but have you changed the pops.txt file to include the remotejoylite.prx?

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Ryu1999 said:
Yeah i did, added the usb.prx line or whatever as well

Are you using the RJLite build? You don't need the usbhost.prx
Just make sure you have the rjl prx, and no additional blank lines or spaces in the text file.

Ryu1999

spindoc said:
Are you using the RJLite build? You don't need the usbhost.prx
Just make sure you have the rjl prx, and no additional blank lines or spaces in the text file.

This is the exact content of my pops.txt

ms0:/seplugins/posploader.prx 1
ms0:/seplugins/RemoteJoyLite.prx 1

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
From the author's page

Google translate doesn't help much. I guess this is what you meant by usb.prx? I thought you were referring to the usbhost prx that's usually bundled with the older versions of remotejoy.

* POPS USB module is loaded at startup does not start for the RemoteJoyLite.
* The following steps RemoteJoyLite USB module to load before I start to resolve it.
* PS1 games if you fail to start, PS1 games from start to start RemoteJoyLite may work.
1. Pops.txt of "ms0: / seplugins / remotejoylite.prx" before "flash0: / kd / usb.prx" to describe.
2. RIKABARIMODO from "usb.prx" "remotejoylite.prx" to enable a plug-in.

So ideally, it should look like this:

flash0:/kd/usb.prx 1
ms0:/seplugins/RemoteJoyLite.prx 1
ms0:/seplugins/posploader.prx 1

Let me know if it works.

taku

Fuuuuuuck! :lol I can't get this damn thing to work. The "New Hardware Device Detected" wizard popped up once and when I chose the damn usb drivers it told me that they weren't digitally signed or whatever. The installation failed and now I can't get the damn detect wizard to pop up again!

Gosh darn it! I'm too frustrated to keep messing around with this. I give up!

Edit: What the hell! It magically started working even though I haven't even installed the damn drivers! Oh well... problem solved?

Quick impressions: FPS is totally constant but not that great.. :/

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Classic_Gs said:
Make sure you set the PSP CPU to 333 as that fixed my framerate issues. Space Invaders Extreme is so smooth :D.

And avoid using the cso format, its a framerate killer.

-Rogue5-

I'm surprised at how well it captures video even when using high compression like Xvid... 3.5mins was only 75megs... Not bad, not bad at all.

I really want to try this but I got 3.52 M33-4 and I don't think it's new enough to run it. A lot of my apps run off the old 1.5 firmware, are the newest CFWs still compatible with that? I'd hate to have to redownload all my emus etc... and I would probably just pass on this if upgrading meant I had to.

I got a launch PSP if that makes a difference. I'm gonna try running it on this firmware first, this will be great for work during down-time.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
The newest CFW has a 1.5 kernel patch available for it (PSP 1000s only), if you're THAT concerned about 1.5 homebrew.

That said, 1.5 kernel homebrew emulators are horribly obsolete. I'd heartily recommend to newer versions for the improved compatibility and performance, if nothing else.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Finally got around to installing this thanks to bump in the afternoon....

PSP REMOTE JOY + BTSIX FOR SIXAXIS CONTROL IS SO FUCKING AWESOME :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I tried the RemoteJoy a few days ago. It works extremely well on "slower" games (Jeanne D'Arc) but when I tried "faster" games (like DJ Max Portable 2 and Super Stardust) I noticed a lot of lag and a drop of frame rate when playing on the PC.

I guess that has to do more with my PC than the actual application right?

JRPereira

Seems like the latest version works pretty well, just had to set the mhz to 333 and use ISOs.

Does fraps work pretty well with this? (can't try atm, no access to my desktop) I haven't seen any mention of what people are using to record videos minus what appears to be some sort of dubious internal utility packaged with remotejoylite that I haven't tried yet.

Just to confirm, the normal method of getting sound to the PC for this is to use the line in jack? (I just want to make sure that there's no easier method that doesn't require it/doesn't come straight through usb).

VicViper

JRPereira said:
Just to confirm, the normal method of getting sound to the PC for this is to use the line in jack? (I just want to make sure that there's no easier method that doesn't require it/doesn't come straight through usb).
You can use a cable to the line in jack from your PC or hook up some speakers directly to the PSP. There's no way to get sound through USB.

JRPereira

Yazus said:
Am I the only one who can't hear music? Do I have so hook some cables in the speakers?

From what I'm reading and the replies I've received, you need to output the sound from the headphone jack directly to speakers or to the line-in jack on the PC.

Top Bottom